Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Poll McVeigh - Earned his contract Yet??

Another good performance from McVeigh with the few scraps he was given last night, *rested* [;)] by the manager so he is fit and ready to go in the ipswich match!!

Has he earned a contract yet??

For me - ooohh!!!! - im not sure, according to worthy last night quality players werent trying hard enough!!!  That must mean McVeigh!!!  He was the only player in our team showing any quality on the park!!!!

So i guess its NO - you must try Harder Paul!! [;)]  (notice the big No is in red - thats southamptons home kit buddy!!)

Where will WLY play n Sun?  He will be on the bench at best for me...  Thorne and Earnie up front with Johanson on the right midfield

Our best player in recent weeks reduced to nothing while the midfield sits unchanged because they worked hard - what a joke.

Of course he has deserved a contract - he is playing better at least than two thirds of the team at present - what else has he got to do - still it will probably be just like Worthington to let one of our only flair players to leave. 

Yes - except that I think there will be two or three clubs after him and I don''t think he will sign anyway. Can''t say as I blame him - subbed agin last night despite being arguably the best player.

he could earn the fans player of the season if he''s left in the team! to see our most gifted player leave FOR FREE because of a stubborn manager will be a tragedy.

[quote user="no1canary"]he could earn the fans player of the season if he''s left in the team! to see our most gifted player leave FOR FREE because of a stubborn manager will be a tragedy.[/quote]

I say we all vote for squiz for POTS, I think that would indicate how much the fans want him to stay.

Absolutely has to stay imo - a good player in the Championship which is where we''ll be next season.

I''m led to believe the fallout with Worthy was over the whole "quitting Northern Ireland to focus on Norwich" thing which Worthy interpreted as laziness/lack of respect to the honour of playing for your country as the pay:time ratios of low-grade International football weren''t great (Worthy being of the same blood and all), and that they''ve never seen eye to eye since then.

Great player on his day, poor man-management on his part, and to leave on a free because of this would be a travesty.

If he''s sensible, he''ll only sign if he knows Worthless is going.  Why take another 2/3 years of the stuff he''s had to put up with under Worthless?  [8-)]

Talking of whom... a couple of Worthy Out bannners in the Barclay would get ''em talking on Sky...

50/50 but I''m marginally on the NO side, now. Bit too lightweight, and knocked off the ball too easily. Still finishes well, when in front of goal, and great penalty the other week. Unlikely to play a big part in our future, so my Vote is a No.  

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

50/50 but I''m marginally on the NO side, now. Bit too lightweight, and knocked off the ball too easily. Still finishes well, when in front of goal, and great penalty the other week. Unlikely to play a big part in our future, so my Vote is a No.  

[/quote]

I think you are right Jack!!  whats the point in offering a decent skilfull championship striker/left winger a contract when we can let him go on a free in the summer and replace him with a clogger on twice as much money for £500,000.

I thought he was called Paul McVeigh

Sorry that was awful, but Yes must be signed up ASAP.  We can''t afford to lose any players especially not someone like McVeigh who has some quality on the ball