Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

It just gets crazier

Sky Sports to give fans the option of listening to recorded CROWD NOISE when Premier League returns to our screens in front of empty stadiums

• Haha 1

I have always disliked canned crowd noise on any football report. Even when Carlisle are playing away at Plymouth and score, you'd think they'd just won at Wembley.

The thought of watching my team, in a near empty stadium, in a game that is supposed to mean something, just doesn't get the excitement juices flowing. The only reason I'd watch is for an initial morbid curiosity, as opposed to a foaming at the mouth fan (like what I normally is 🙂 ). The pitch microphones would also have to be at their sharpest, to cut out fruity language. 

Presumably plod will be kept busy running on and off the pitch arresting players as they surround the ref. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I suppose they could also put up boards and paint murals of fans all round the pitch like Arsenal did years ago.

image.png.9cacae33724b21f31af31eefee0e089c.png

That crowd was noiser that Arsenals usual bunch of librarians.

The whole thing is just ridiculous.  I can’t help but think the government is going to try to use football as part of its exit strategy and it’s a big mistake: it’s being done for money (football side) and PR (govt side) - what happens if/when a player/backroom member gets ill?

France has it dead right (as does FIFA’s head doctor): restart afresh in September.  But given our current mentality that probably discounts it as an option.

Edited by Branston Pickle

There's a phone in on 5Live now (9 to 10) this morning

Jon Walters says call it off now

Liverpool as Champions, no relegation

Edited by Making Plans

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The whole thing is just ridiculous.  I can’t help but think the government is going to try to use football as part of its exit strategy and it’s a big mistake: it’s being done for money (football side) and PR (govt side) - what happens if/when a player/backroom member gets ill?

France has it dead right (as does FIFA’s head doctor): restart afresh in September.  But given our current mentality that probably discounts it as an option.

There is an article today that says an increasing number of clubs are beginning to think the game is being rushed back as a political tool by the government 

19 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

There's a phone in on 5Live now (9 to 10) this morning

We may very well end up with this.

Restarting to complete the season is beginning to look more and more grotesque to the public.

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Sky Sports to give fans the option of listening to recorded CROWD NOISE when Premier League returns to our screens in front of empty stadiums

And there it is, the money hungry fools are getting what they want and turning it into a parody

If it happens that football is played behind closed doors and with added crowd noise, the age of dystopia will have well and truly arrived. It's been creeping up on us for years and years, with canned laughter on TV and fakery everywhere, but this would be new low. 

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Is today April 1st ?

• Like 1

Apparently clubs are to send in sound files of the fans singing their favourite songs so Sky can overlay them at appropriate times in the game.

NCFC are submitting 'Come On You Yellows' and 'Always **** On The Old Blue & White'.

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Ipswich fans going love Walters suggesting that haha

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ipswich fans going love Walters suggesting that haha

Jon Walters,,  the man that refused to be bullied by Roy Keane. Gotta  love him for that alone. This just makes him even more of a star.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Has anyone ever watched a match with false crowd noise in the background? It's absolutely ridiculous and incredibly distracting. I'd rather hear managers like Sean Dyche roaring their head off on the touchline, Sunday League style.

Hopefully they will get the crowd cheering noises and the canned laughter mixed up...

The point of the 'Players Together' campaign was to protect the NHS so perhaps in order to protect the NHS the architect behind that campaign should step up and say it's utterly ridiculous and frankly unnecessarily dangerous bringing football back early. Step up Jordan Henderson... 

We all know that won't happen, but seriously, what would happen if a group of players refused to play? In normal circumstances the club would be docked points but I don't see it if more than one group of players refuse.

The more the EPL prevaricates, the more damage it does to itself. Call if off NOW. Aim for resumption in September, with contingency plans for resumption in Oct, Nov etc. It's not even complicated.

Good leadership needed, but sadly absent.

• Like 2

I would like to know who will turn the switch up and down when either team scores, or play well etc  the will have to be a neutral person has it could be biased towards one team, 

Really cardboard fans and now canned noise , perhaps no need for ref has VARS can step in. really wont it be better if the clubs play FIFA on a computer  game so there be no need for players too

I did soothsay this a week or two ago. Partly in jest.....

I think I'll send in "dig a hole and ducking bury 'im" for breaks in play through injuries.

So Roy Hodgson ( I will stand to be corrected ) is over 75. Is he and several owners / shareholders not supposed to be shielding ? Are the government basically going to say footballers etc will be ok as they are fitter ? 
Whoever gives this the go ahead ( even if it’s Boris himself ) needs to be held responsible. If there are any deaths then under the health and safety rules if a manager approved a system negligently and somebody died they would be charged possibly with manslaughter, so surely whoever gives this the go ahead should be treated in the same way.

I love my football. There have been times in my life when I have done stupid things to get to a match. But bringing back football now ? That would in my view be totally irresponsible.

• Like 2

Blimey. Just nipped into Tesco and they have already run out of Canned Laughter. They had some packet stuff but I didn't know what to mix it with.

There has been a run on "boos" of course.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Are the government basically going to say footballers etc will be ok as they are fitter ? 

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do

If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times

Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.

Corners and free kicks should be fun with social distancing.

How can they possibly have one rule for footballers but another for everybody else?