Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rewind Norwich City 2002

Still one of my top 3 games I've been to.

I was 14, first season as a season ticket holder and a remember Wolves being super confident about breezing past us into the final, especially after they got the opening goal.

Watching us turn it around and the Wolves fans shrink into their seats was a great experience.

They battered us in the second leg but only scored lateish on. An unstoppable long-range shot from a winger whose name escapes me who later signed for us. I suspect it was the best goal he'd ever scored.

I remember McKay asking for the ball to be delivered to his left eye brow!

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

They battered us in the second leg but only scored lateish on. An unstoppable long-range shot from a winger whose name escapes me who later signed for us. I suspect it was the best goal he'd ever scored.

It was Kevin Cooper.

What a night that was. Tense stuff for sure. I remember Iwan winning a free kick for us at the death. He lay on the floor facing us fans and when the ref gave it we got a big toothless grin and a fist pump. I will never forget that moment.

Neither will I forget leaving the ground when a certain @Jellytot showed off her colours to some Wolves fans just outside. As they started to take notice she promptly hid behind me!!!!!

• Haha 1

Yes, what a great day at CR, the pre-match confidence of the Wolves fans was palpable, it was great to see their bubble burst so comprehensively!