Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I'll back the board, but not Worthy!.

I have been very wrong about our board and about them having no ambition. With the £3.35 million signing of Earnshaw (who I believe will be more potent than Ashton) they have signalled their ambitious intent for the club.

I can only apologise to them all, most sincerely, It was totally wrong and unfair to say the things I did.

However I stand by every single word I''ve said about our lack lustre manager Nigel Worthington. I don''t think he''s the man for the job, or the manager to get the best out of Earnshaw (yes, I know he signed him!) I truely fear for the club under his leadership. and I can only pray the day will come soon when he departs.

I would prefer he resigned and went with some dignity, yes, he deserves that at least!. But the fact that he goes is paramount for the future of the club.

So I was wrong about the board, and as a mere supporter, I''m proud to have them in charge of NCFC. But Worthy needs to go, lets just hope that they (the board) go that extra yard and dispence with his services soon.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I have been very wrong about our board and about them having no ambition. With the £3.35 million signing of Earnshaw (who I believe will be more potent than Ashton) they have signalled their ambitious intent for the club.

I can only apologise to them all, most sincerely, It was totally wrong and unfair to say the things I did.

However I stand by every single word I''ve said about our lack lustre manager Nigel Worthington. I don''t think he''s the man for the job, or the manager to get the best out of Earnshaw (yes, I know he signed him!) I truely fear for the club under his leadership. and I can only pray the day will come soon when he departs.

I would prefer he resigned and went with some dignity, yes, he deserves that at least!. But the fact that he goes is paramount for the future of the club.

So I was wrong about the board, and as a mere supporter, I''m proud to have them in charge of NCFC. But Worthy needs to go, lets just hope that they (the board) go that extra yard and dispence with his services soon.

[/quote]

When I do apologise...................silence. I see................ you only want me to be controversial......................Hmm!.

Wiz,

My view is that you should NOT let the Board off the hook that easily! I have never doubted their ''ambition'' but the main gripe most of us have is they are far too close to Worthy (and his two chums) and seem incapable of making hard, objective decisions as far as the manager is concerned. Until they pull their heads out of the sand, nothing will happen.

Whenever you actually confront them with questions about the manager, their response is defensive and lacking in any objective judgement of the guy. Most comments from them are along historic lines or looking desparately for excuses.  Tomorrow at Sheringham I bet you get all the usual replies:

''A good manager does not become a bad manager overnight'' (this ''overnight'' period started arguably in early summer 2004!)

''Look what it was like before he took over'' (exactly, and who appointed the previous manager?) 

''it is difficult to motivate a relegated team'' (and here was me thinking that is a fundamental part of a manager''s job in any walk of life!)

''terrible bad luck with injuries'' (some truth in this but ask youselves how many youngsters has Worthy HAD to give debuts to simply because of this so called injury crisis? Exactly)

''you don''t get anywhere by chopping and changing managers'' (if Worthy was to go now he would have been in charge for OVER 5 YEARS! Not exactly my definition of ''chopping and changing'')

So Wiz, in my humble opinion, our Board still have a lot to answer for. Ambition they may have, I agree, but realistic assessment of Worthy? No chance!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

So you were wrong AGAIN. This is becomming a very worrying trend, I''m not sure I''ll ever believe anything you say in the future.

Rubbish!

You may not like Worthy or support him but it is the boards fault that he is still here.

It is not NW''s job to walk away and resign, it is up to the board to sack him.

You say that they have ambition. I would doubt that. If they have ambition they would sack Nigel Worthington.

If we don''t go on a good run from now up untill the end of the season NW should be sacked.

If we stutter along for the rest of the season and he is still here for next season then the board don''t have ambition, they lack balls imo.

As my clerical friend would say " there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

However there still remains a sneaky feeling that Captain Pugwash (or whoever he is got as this time) is like one of those old lags who suddenly find Christianity when doing a bit of time in chokey.

Now there has been much wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of shirts on here by the more hysterical of (and those who would wish to pass themselves of as) our fans.

How can you be so rude and nasty to us they cry. Is it right that you should call us names and bring contempt upon our heads they ask, never once caring a flying fark about the effect their endless lies, misinformation and slander has upon those at the club. Any wonder Rick Waghorn chose to attack such cretinous behaviour.

Paul Rankine posted up a message that was libellous only a few days ago . To what end ? The content made some pretty offensive allegations. What did he think he was hoping to achieve ? Neither is this is not an isolated

Some on here seem to have nothing else to do but routinely post lies about the club, claims of financial irregularities, misuse of funds and any other tawdry smear that they think might have a chance of sticking.

And yet anyone challenging these attacks are themselves attacked and denounced as Keep The Faithers. Bl00dy odd that you can be too much of a supporter but that is the warped way things are perceived (by some) on this board)

Is this the level we have sunk to that speaking out in defence and support of the club is a treasonable offence - whereas those whose sole purpose for posting on this forum is to attack everything about the club are

able to pass themselves of as defenders of our club''s welfare ?

Despite the sh1te posted on here the common consensus outside of this insular world is that the board will know when the time is up for Worthington - be that four days or four years more.

Discuss, argue and debate the merits of players, their abilities, the manager, the coaching staff even the bloody tea lady by all means but lets leave the lies, smears and slander to the filth over the border.

We play host to our third world neighbours in a few days so perhaps it might be time to gird up our loins and set our faces to meeting the common foe. That ridiculous and absurd bunch of sad cockney wannabes from that runty little town in the arz end of nowhere chaired by a baboon''s arze coloured face and Bagpuss headed manager.

ps apologies for the bibilical references but I''ve been round to see the local parson about his season ticket for my brother in law on sunday - two hours of sermonising about my errant ways, most of the bottle of communion wine I took and the old beggar then tells me he has got the sunday morning off that weekend !

Great post RabidRick (sorry I can''t stop calling you that)

As much as I hate to do it, I have found myself defending Worthy a great deal over the last month or so because some of the "criticism" of him has just been ridiculous.  People turning any PR release around to make he and the club look bad at every opportunity.  People demanding to know every detail of every going on at the club.  The downright ridiculous claims that Worthy made a big mistake in releasing youngsters who have proved to be moderate successful at a LOWER lever, with one poster claiming it was a mistake to let Dean Sinclair go!  What??  My favourite though was the post that said that Worthy should "get Jarvis fit ASAP", like he had some influence over it.

To be clear though, I really don''t include Wiz/Captn Jack in this.  He may be guilty of inciting discussions on this forum but I am never convinced he actually believes some of the things he posts.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

Great post RabidRick (sorry I can''t stop calling you that)

As much as I hate to do it, I have found myself defending Worthy a great deal over the last month or so because some of the "criticism" of him has just been ridiculous.  People turning any PR release around to make he and the club look bad at every opportunity.  People demanding to know every detail of every going on at the club.  The downright ridiculous claims that Worthy made a big mistake in releasing youngsters who have proved to be moderate successful at a LOWER lever, with one poster claiming it was a mistake to let Dean Sinclair go!  What??  My favourite though was the post that said that Worthy should "get Jarvis fit ASAP", like he had some influence over it.

To be clear though, I really don''t include Wiz/Captn Jack in this.  He may be guilty of inciting discussions on this forum but I am never convinced he actually believes some of the things he posts.

[/quote]

In reference to your last paragraph Saint, what can I say except well spotted matey!.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

Its not that he does not believe what he says it that he''s lost the ability to reason logically. Take this post for example, he backs the board but not the manager, but by backing the board who back the manager he''s is backing the manager. He get is wrong AGAIN!

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Saint Canary"]

[/quote]

Its not that he does not believe what he says it that he''s lost the ability to reason logically. Take this post for example, he backs the board but not the manager, but by backing the board who back the manager he''s is backing the manager. He get is wrong AGAIN!

[/quote]

I back the board as a rule, I just think they are making the wrong decision in keeping the manager??  whats wrong with that??  I dont want the board gone??

Stop being Anti Club Squat/Dicky