Sign in to follow this  
Just Dan

Players Contracts

Possible silly question,  I apologise in advance.  I guess footballers contracts cover holidays and, given the seasons start and end dates, there must be some stipulation that holidays must be taken at certain times (between seasons (end of May to the start of July)).

If we are to play through the summer, will players be expected to forgo holidays that they are contractually entitled to?   If they do agree to forgo their annual leave, who is liable to cover the cost of annual leave not taken?

not sure how 'holidays' apply here

I would imagine that the players are contracted to play a certain number of games as stipulated on signing

my vague recollections of the contracts I signed when it was termed semi-pro were about playing the season and cup games, so i would doubt thereis any '4 weeks paid holiday' as the WC would intrude on that

A simple Google search brought up this:

According to a standard Premier League/English Football League contract, players are entitled to "five weeks paid holiday to be taken at a time or times determined by the club - subject to the club's first team and any international commitments".14 Aug 2019

I would expect that 5 weeks involves at least a part, if not all, of June.