Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

I Never expected to see our City like this

Great video Ricardo, thanks. I'm intensely proud of the City 😍

I think that it must have been taken quite early in the morning though. I live just off Newmarket road and it has been busier than this whenever I have ventured onto it during my daily exercise - I try to avoid it by walking side roads, cul-de-sacs etc so I don't come across many people.

It does look glorious. I wonder how the falcons at the cathedral are getting on.

Seen it almost like that a few times in my youth, trying to make it home after an all-nighter at 6am on a summer Sunday.

The only obvious difference being the noticeable absence of empty pizza boxes, abandoned stilettos and vomit in the video version.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Seen it almost like that a few times in my youth, trying to make it home after an all-nighter at 6am on a summer Sunday.

The only obvious difference being the noticeable absence of empty pizza boxes, abandoned stilettos and vomit in the video version.

What size stilletos do you wear ?

Hmmm......Anglia Square looked pretty much the same as a normal day 🙂

• Like 1

Good to see a couple of cyclists riding on the footpath on Foundry Bridge even though there was not a car in sight. 😜

Was all good until Anglia Square made an appearance!

Those videos must have been shot the other week though, traffic has definitely ramped up on the roads in the last 4 or 5 days and there are so many more people about. Shame that people aren't listening.

Such a beautiful city. Getting married at the Castle truly was the best day of my life, and not just because I was marrying the missus, but that I was doing so in my fine city.

Though disappointed no Carrow Rd in the video. Walking down Riverside is part of the pre match experience but then suddenly we were back in the city centre again.

• Like 1

Yes I was delightfully surprised that the last scene there was the camera exiting the player’s tunnel to a wide shot of a standing applause from a packed Carrow Road as we remember those who have passed, thank our healthcare workers, and start to resume our normal lives - we can but dream. 

Edited by Surfer

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

I almost cried watching that

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

God, that made me homesick. Those of you who live there are so lucky.

Both of the above.

Edited by All the Germans

Felt very uncomfortable watching it. Knowing the vibrancy and buzz the city usually has (especially on a fine day like that appears to be), it really does emphasise the seriousness of what we're going through to cause it to be so very quiet like that.

6 hours ago, Herman said:

It does look glorious. I wonder how the falcons at the cathedral are getting on.

One egg has just hatched.👍

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

One egg has just hatched.👍

Did Bill pop out and start rollicking the mother?😀

(I assume from your comment there is a camera feed from the nesting site,)

Cheers pal.👍

I got a bit worried for a while as it hadn't moved.

Edited by Herman