A Load of Squit

Safe, sensible hands guiding the club

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know your son is a writer because he used to share his blog posts on here. 

Now you are talking like you want to send the boys round. 

Not when you were this carnation.

A little rattle now and again will spill the beans. Unless another flounce comes first....

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Not when you were this carnation.

A little rattle now and again will spill the beans. Unless another flounce comes first....

I can assure you it would be a big anti-climax so I'd spend your time giving something else a rattle for your entertainment. 

34 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is your problem with banks the government bailout some of them received in 2009? 

I repeat, for the hard of humility...I'll tell you what I feel is wrong with banks when you come up with that Webber Quote...you know the one, cos I dont.  If you get my drift. 

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did you bother to e-mail Ben Kensell and enquire who the current CFO is TVB ?

Course not, just like the Wbber Quote,  he'd  rather posture and primp around this board as if hes the only  person in the world with morals..... yet works for a Bank, one of the most universally disliked and distrusted  institutions  that humans ever invented. Me, I'm  a fan of credit Unions, much more honest institutions, funded by the members for the members with any ( minimal ) profits going back to the members. Do you have them in england or has the cartel  self serving  Banking squeezed  them out? Here they are In  every town pretty much...and now opening current accounts( no bank charges)which will enable thousands  maybe millions to get out of being  charged for  leaving their money in banks. 

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I repeat, for the hard of humility...I'll tell you what I feel is wrong with banks when you come up with that Webber Quote...you know the one, cos I dont.  If you get my drift. 

Course not, just like the Wbber Quote,  he'd  rather posture and primp around this board as if hes the only  person in the world with morals..... yet works for a Bank, one of the most universally disliked and distrusted  institutions  that humans ever invented. Me, I'm  a fan of credit Unions, much more honest institutions, funded by the members for the members with any ( minimal ) profits going back to the members. Do you have them in england or has the cartel  self serving  Banking squeezed  them out? Here they are In  every town pretty much...and now opening current accounts( no bank charges)which will enable thousands  maybe millions to get out of being  charged for  leaving their money in banks. 

Not liking someone you've only ever "met" on an internet football forum because they work in a bank is a new low, even for the exceptionally low standards met on this particular forum 😂

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wcorkcanary, you don't get charged for having a personal current account in the UK. At least not at mainstream high Street banks, I'm not sure about the Queens bank. 

I didn't realise working for a bank made me such a bad person to be honest, you call me a virtue signaller but then preach your morale position of despising banks while supporting a team with a gambling company as a sponsor? 

I'm guessing a bank called in a debt from you once because you couldn't keep up repayments, sorry to hear that but the responsibility to pay lies with the person who requests a loan and signs a contract promising to repay. I'm not personally to blame for the bitterness you are carrying about an entire industry. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not liking someone you've only ever "met" on an internet football forum because they work in a bank is a new low, even for the exceptionally low standards met on this particular forum 😂

FWIW,  Liking doesnt come it, I had little respect for him before he stated that he works in a bank.  If you knew what insults he threw at me , just because I asked him to provide a quote that he based quite a stinging attack against the club management on.....which he didnt, since then I lost respect for him and now treat him like the pompous bombastic know all that he comes across as.

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wcorkcanary, you don't get charged for having a personal current account in the UK. At least not at mainstream high Street banks, I'm not sure about the Queens bank. 

Without conditions?If that is true, then I stand corrected. So lack of bank charges doesnt depend on average  balance or minimum monthly amount transferred into  that account then? If so then happy days, I have no problem  apologising when I have messed up or given out in correct info.

Maybe I should unleash a torrent of abuse cos someone knows  more about a subject than  me,  but that's not my style. 

The day you stop wanting to learn is the day you start dying.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Without conditions?If that is true, then I stand corrected. So lack of bank charges doesnt depend on average  balance or minimum monthly amount transferred into  that account then? If so then happy days, I have no problem  apologising when I have messed up or given out in correct info.

Maybe I should unleash a torrent of abuse cos someone knows  more about a subject than  me,  but that's not my style. 

I can only think of First Direct who require a minimum amount paid in each month to avoid a fee, but they are owned by HSBC who offer completely free current accounts. 

Only charges for UK current accounts now are interest on unagreed overdrafts, so if you have an agreed overdraft of £1000 but go £1500 overdrawn then you are charged interest on that debt, and that interest can be quite high APR. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I can only think of First Direct who require a minimum amount paid in each month to avoid a fee, but they are owned by HSBC who offer completely free current accounts. 

Only charges for UK current accounts now are interest on unagreed overdrafts, so if you have an agreed overdraft of £1000 but go £1500 overdrawn then you are charged interest on that debt, and that interest can be quite high APR. 

Ok, thanks I am now wiser than i was 10 mins ago. Let's hope this trend continues.  By 9 pm I'll be as clever as Bilious.

I still have a few gripes about banks but wont share them until you share....you know what!!

On 28/04/2020 at 14:35, TeemuVanBasten said:

If only there was a very well researched article in The Guardian you could seek out, the one I'd mentioned several times, as an alternative to asking to asking me to do your donkey work like an unpaid intern. 

Is the link kindly put up by King Canary the article you are referring to?, if so, it seems to be more about companies being warned against carrying on in the same old manner and does not answer any of the questions I posed to you, so it would be interesting to me to understand what your issue is with Norwich City, based on that article.......... 

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB