Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Roeder Not On Spillane's Christmas Card List.

I always felt Roeder the person never caught up with the image he had of himself, probably at least two steps behind. Perhaps it was his illness that had affected him from his past or, he just hadn't learnt the meaning of humility, in the sense that he always felt Norwich as a club and many of the players were below him. For me anyway, the most dislikeable of all managers by a long distance. Won't even go near the Huckerby issue. Yet, he signed Wes....his stand-out moment as a Norwich manager.

By far and away the most dislikeable manager we've had. Grant wasn't cut out for the job but was as honest as the day is long, Hughton has many critics but was a thoroughly decent bloke, but Roeder? Complete ****.

I remember reading Huckerby's anecdote in his book, when he said that after moving to the MLS, he returned to Norwich in the off-season to use the training facilities and one day Roeder called Huckerby into his office. "I heard you told Dejan Stefanovic that I'm not a very nice man", said Roeder. "That's not true", replied Huckerby. "I told Stefanovic's agent that you're not a very nice man."

• Haha 1