Sign in to follow this  
philbuzz

Phil Brown Sacked - Discuss

Just wondering everyones opinions on Phil Brown being sacked by Derby after 10 months for being crap. I mean we have a better team and are performing way below par, yet Worthington is still here, discuss!

Phil

brown was unlucky and worthy is the luckiest man alive in football for the fact that he still has a job. the annoying thing is that i''m sure hamilton would still be manager had he not resigned such is the boards reluctance to sack anyone.

[quote user="wayne"]Phil Brown has under acheived at derby for the whole 10 months whereas worthington has had 5 years of sucess before this seasons poor showing so he''s earnt the right to try and fix things
[/quote]

5 years of success??

1st year - survived

2nd year - did little with an awesome team, cruised to the championship with little or no Worthy impact

3rd year - shambles in the Prem

4th year - shambolic....

WORTHY OUT

[quote user="wayne"]Phil Brown has under acheived at derby for the whole 10 months whereas worthington has had 5 years of sucess before this seasons poor showing so he''s earnt the right to try and fix things [/quote]

When I read this I was having a drink and it ended up coming out of my nose and over the keyboard.

Please for the love of god tell me you are not serious.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]

[quote user="wayne"]Phil Brown has under acheived at derby for the whole 10 months whereas worthington has had 5 years of sucess before this seasons poor showing so he''s earnt the right to try and fix things
[/quote]

5 years of success??

1st year - survived

2nd year - did little with an awesome team, cruised to the championship with little or no Worthy impact

4th year - shambolic....

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

What happened to the play-off year? You''ve caught the 1st Weasels ''getting it wrong'' disease.

1st year - survived

4th year - shambolic....

what a load of rubbish that is.

1st year, saved us relegation

2nd year, took us to the finals of the playoffs

3rd year, finished eighth after the season petered out.

4th year, Cruised to the championship after Worthy signed Crouch, Hucks, Harper, McKenzie, Svensson and Cooper.

5th year, downhill from here onwards I''m afraid ...

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]

[/quote]

5 years of success??

1st year - survived

4th year - shambolic....

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

What happened to the play-off year? You''ve caught the 1st Weasels ''getting it wrong'' disease.

[/quote]

Ah Squit my utmost apologies!

Of course the play-off year, how could I forget?

Though to be fair, the history of Worthy''s career is being veiled behind the shambles of the present...

(Apologies to all for that utterly incredible mistake, it was a long day yesterday.)

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="wayne"]Phil Brown has under acheived at derby for the whole 10 months whereas worthington has had 5 years of sucess before this seasons poor showing so he''s earnt the right to try and fix things [/quote]

When I read this I was having a drink and it ended up coming out of my nose and over the keyboard.

Please for the love of god tell me you are not serious.

[/quote]For all those who have forgotten!  Our record in the championship before Nigel Worthington:1995/1996 - 16th1996/1997 - 13th 1997/1998 - 15th1998/1999 - 9th1999/2000 - 12th Our record in the championship with Nigel Worthington 2000/2001 - 15th (only had half a season)2001/2002 - 6th2002/2003 - 8th 2003/2004 - 1st

Our record in the championship before Nigel Worthington:
1995/1996 - 16th
1996/1997 - 13th
1997/1998 - 15th
1998/1999 - 9th
1999/2000 - 12th

Our record in the championship with Nigel Worthington
2000/2001 - 15th (only had half a season)
2001/2002 - 6th
2002/2003 - 8th
2003/2004 - 12th pre hucks - 1st post hucks

Its a decent record, Hamilton was patently seriously underacheiving with most of the play-off squad. He wasnt even playing Nedergaard and McVeigh.

2004/2005 - 19th ?!?  I have never cared to remember where we actually finished...

We are 12th at the moment...... 

Yes Paul, BUT who had the nouse to get Hucks (plus the excellent Crouch and Harper) into the club? We were 12th - then Nigel took us to the championship.

You gotta give credit where credit''s due, and although he didn''t "coach" us to success, he certainly pulled some rabbits out of the hat in that season.

[quote user="Mook"]

Yes Paul, BUT who had the nouse to get Hucks (plus the excellent Crouch and Harper) into the club? We were 12th - then Nigel took us to the championship.

You gotta give credit where credit''s due, and although he didn''t "coach" us to success, he certainly pulled some rabbits out of the hat in that season.

[/quote]

I give him the upmost credit for the job he did until promotion.  he had no money, he managed to wangle decent loan signings from the board, he kept hucks, Svenny and Mckenzie were bargains.  he did a fantastic job.  On promotion is where it all went wrong.  I have only been a worthy outer since early november time (right before the 5 match winning run actually). we need a more able man to take us forward now.

"2003/2004 - 12th pre hucks - 1st post hucks"

How unbelivably ridiculos is that , he signed him can he not even be given credit for that ?

I give him the upmost credit for the job he did until promotion.  he had no money, he managed to wangle decent loan signings from the board, he kept hucks, Svenny and Mckenzie were bargains.  he did a fantastic job.  On promotion is where it all went wrong.  I have only been a worthy outer since early november time (right before the 5 match winning run actually). we need a more able man to take us forward now.

Paul''s comments above certainly agree with my stance on Worthy (and probably most City fans I think). Trouble is that Club officials will tell you (and one has actually said this to me) is that .....''you can''t count last year''!!! So that''s ok then, if ever anything summed up the negative approach we took to our one season in The Premier it''s that (+ of course the drivel of ''little Norwich'' stuff from Delia).

Wayne has a fair point too and no doubt those stats will be seized on by the Board to justify their case, they look compelling. BUT, has not Worthy been absolutely lavished with money for players (by NCFC standards) compared with the paltry sums that O''Neill, Walker and particularly Rioch were forced to live off? IMO we are very little better off after the 5 years of Worthy than we were under any of those managers I have mentioned AND despite the fact that Worthy has spent £M''s.