Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Now going stir crazy

Painted the fence, painted the shed inside and out, painted the window frames, painted the pebble dash, painted the garden furniture, painted the kitchen, painted the lounge. Oh to be able to go to pub on Friday night, oh for a game of snooker, oh to be sat in front of the tv at four o’clock on a Sunday, oh for a walk on the beach but most of all oh to be back at Carrow Road again. Forgot what normal life was like.

8 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Painted the fence, painted the shed inside and out, painted the window frames, painted the pebble dash, painted the garden furniture, painted the kitchen, painted the lounge. Oh to be able to go to pub on Friday night, oh for a game of snooker, oh to be sat in front of the tv at four o’clock on a Sunday, oh for a walk on the beach but most of all oh to be back at Carrow Road again. Forgot what normal life was like.

Just had a hoover round for Mrs R.

I missed a bit and only got 5 out of 10 after the inspection😨

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Luckily I’m no good at ironing, cooking or cleaning 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I missed a bit and only got 5 out of 10 after the inspection

Rushing it were you?

Just a bit.😉

Today Mrs Crafty and I have walked for nearly two hours then sat on the patio to play cribbage and drink Prosecco. This lockdown lark is tough graft. 😎

Just woke up.....had a dump......then got outta bed......I won't bother opening the curtains until this evening.......it'll give me summat to do.....

44 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Painted the fence, painted the shed inside and out, painted the window frames, painted the pebble dash, painted the garden furniture, painted the kitchen, painted the lounge.

Seeing that reminded me of Shakin Stevens ‘Green Door’, though he apparently hadn’t the time for any of it.....

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am learning the art of Morris dancing, it’s really rather fun when you get into it 

I keep falling off the bonnet......

• Haha 1

The big decision of the day so far was whether to have raspberries or blueberries on my weetabix for breakfast.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Easiest way not to be asked to do it again. Good work Ricardo(o).😉😂

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Easiest way not to be asked to do it again. Good work Ricardo(o).😉😂

You sussed it😉

35 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am learning the art of Morris dancing, it’s really rather fun when you get into it 

Not so easy on a soft top moggy minor Fredo.  Although getting into it is probably gonna be easier than getting out again.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

You sussed it😉

Aye, the old tricks are the best. Try wandering around with a clipboard, nodding sagely an making the odd note to self. If questioned, say you are doing a time and motion study to help Improve your efficiency and efficacy. The big bluff with this tactic is that no one can truly judge whether or not it worked for you, but the illusion created by the clipboard and humming n harring is normally enough for saner types to leave you to  it.  Never let me down in six years Military service. 

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

Today Mrs Crafty and I have walked for nearly two hours then sat on the patio to play cribbage and drink Prosecco. This lockdown lark is tough graft. 😎

Must admit I'm quite enjoying it. Luckily I can work from home, no wasted time commuting, plenty of time to ride my bike on deserted roads. Even started to like Piers Morgan and Good Morning Britain.

I think the **** is still to hit the fan but for now I'll enjoy the new normal.

Bought a new gas barbecue a week ago but the wind and mizzle made it a bit dodgy to use. But tonight we are going for it. As I speak Mrs KG is skewering the Pork and Peppers for the Kebabs. Not bothering with alcohol tonight though. Staying with the soft drinks.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Bought a new gas barbecue a week ago but the wind and mizzle made it a bit dodgy to use. But tonight we are going for it. As I speak Mrs KG is skewering the Pork and Peppers for the Kebabs. Not bothering with alcohol tonight though. Staying with the soft drinks.

Bit breezy today. Don’t burn down the street

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That Waveney must be a sight to behold.

Probably makes John Sergeant look like John Travolta 😀

More like Nelly The Elephant a ballet dancer.

I wouldn't have thought a few months ago that being able to go to work would be a blessing. 

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Just woke up.....had a dump......then got outta bed......I won't bother opening the curtains until this evening.......it'll give me summat to do.....

Cant beat a good dump before you get up in the morning👍

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Aye, the old tricks are the best. Try wandering around with a clipboard, nodding sagely an making the odd note to self. If questioned, say you are doing a time and motion study to help Improve your efficiency and efficacy. The big bluff with this tactic is that no one can truly judge whether or not it worked for you, but the illusion created by the clipboard and humming n harring is normally enough for saner types to leave you to  it.  Never let me down in six years Military service. 

Ditto. 39 years in the Civil Service. 

Tidied up my room upstairs, 21 miles on the bike, bbq, early night tonight as I’m up at 5am for work tomorrow 

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Must admit I'm quite enjoying it. Luckily I can work from home, no wasted time commuting, plenty of time to ride my bike on deserted roads.

I can't wait to start working properly again. Working from home in front of a laptop all day is mind-numbing to say the least- although admittedly I generally play Football Manager for three hours or so when I've finished...