Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

KINGS LYNN CHAIRMAN

Quote from the Kings Lynn Chairman

'I don't want my loyal fans to be disadvantaged. I would be putting the people who are buying the odd match-day ticket here and there first in the queue - they would be receiving better treatment than the people who are buying games in advance.' 

Note he also doesn't go out of his way to be claiming to make contributions to the NHS. Pity he isn't Chairman of NCFC. 

At Carrow Road - unlike at many other clubs - everyone has paid in advance for their season tickets, memberships for next season etc.

In pricing casual seats down to £30 Season ticket holders no longer get any real price advantage as they have done in the past.

Then NCFC whilst holding heaps of our money claim they are making NHS contributions.

Give us our money back, then we can decide whether we give to the NHS, other charities or even our own charity.    

But you can have your money back. You only have to ask.

I'd rather like that same choice when it comes to mine.

I don't want mine back. 

On what basis do you want your money back? This season's games haven't even been cancelled yet and it is highly likely that next season will go ahead. 

You've paid for something that you want - a season ticket.   You will presumably either get your money back if next season is cancelled or be able to transfer it to the following season in 2021. If next season goes ahead you've paid for your season ticket and job's a good'un. That covers every scenario. 

As for moaning abou the £30, your big advantage is that if you have a season ticket you are not fighting to get one of 1500 tickets when maybe 5000 are after them.  

You just sound bitter and finding fault for the sake of it.  

• Like 3

In terms of away scheme - yes. In terms of season tickets perhaps not but Club should put supporters first not the NHS etc. 

This is slating the club for the sake of it - they’ve said you can stop payments, just need to call.  Given how much time people have on their hands right now I’d have thought that isn’t beyond them. I for one would be annoyed if they just did it arbitrarily. 

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

In terms of away scheme - yes. In terms of season tickets perhaps not but Club should put supporters first not the NHS etc. 

The club are putting supporters first by helping the NHS, if any of us get sick we rely on the NHS (unless you're minted and have BUPA) so by supporting the NHS they are supporting the supporters. 😀

Op he said this in relation to putting back the time for season ticket renewals, and was saying season ticket holders must come before casual supporters as they are the loyal fans that keep the club going.

Around 15 years ago NCFC season ticket prices compared to casual prices meant that we got 6 games or so free each season now we are down to virtually zero hence the Kings Lynns Chairman point.

In a sense NCFC are of course now taking advantage of their full ground,  season ticket queues, lack of investment in ground capacity etc.

Equally change could be on the way if our comparatively elderly clientele adopt a different approach to attendance following the current crisis.    

Perhaps a good idea to be seen to be supporting loyalty?

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Why not give up your season ticket and go casual if it bothers you that much.

That is the most polite way I've seen you tell someone to go away. 😂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Around 15 years ago NCFC season ticket prices compared to casual prices meant that we got 6 games or so free each season now we are down to virtually zero hence the Kings Lynns Chairman point.

In a sense NCFC are of course now taking advantage of their full ground,  season ticket queues, lack of investment in ground capacity etc.

Equally change could be on the way if our comparatively elderly clientele adopt a different approach to attendance following the current crisis.    

I will consider myself loyal although due to affordability currently we had to cancel one of our season tickets ( without meaning to slate anyone in the current climate they were not very sympathetic ).

However my loyalty does not extend to risking my life, so my seat will remain empty until such time as a vaccine is injected into my arm ( or wherever it has to go ) or there is a treatment that I am confident works. Don’t think that should effect my loyalty being questioned in anyway.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

'6 games' 'free', really? I think that's made up b0ll0x, unless you have the numbers to prove it?

I don't think loyalty can be questioned over the point where individual people have to make changes to their spending priorities. 

I haven't reached the point where I have to do that but if I do it won't be through lack of loyalty.

For now I very much want to carry on the interest free payments because I know if I didn't that money would go on other things and I would probably be unable to fund the tickets for me and my grandsons later.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I will consider myself loyal although due to affordability currently we had to cancel one of our season tickets ( without meaning to slate anyone in the current climate they were not very sympathetic ).

However my loyalty does not extend to risking my life, so my seat will remain empty until such time as a vaccine is injected into my arm ( or wherever it has to go ) or there is a treatment that I am confident works. Don’t think that should effect my loyalty being questioned in anyway.

Agreed, you can always hand your ticket to a friend or family member not in the vulnerable group should attended games restart. As I have said before, they can have my ashes to help the grass grow but I would prefer not to die there.😀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

That is the most polite way I've seen you tell someone to go away. 😂

My granddaughter works in the checkouts at ASDA and was commended for those skills. Not sure they were skills she got from her dad @Duncan Edwards or her grandad...

• Haha 2

In 2006-07 the first renewal season ticket price for Barclay and N&P was £344. Home casual prices are not quoted in the match programme but almost all away games are quoted at £20 upwards+ for a 23 game season. No reason to believe casual prices at Carrow Road were any different. That also accords with my memory. So about a quarter of the games were effectively free to season ticket holders. This has now been almost completely eradicated.     

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In 2006-07 the first renewal season ticket price for Barclay and N&P was £344. Home casual prices are not quoted in the match programme but almost all away games are quoted at £20 upwards+ for a 23 game season. No reason to believe casual prices at Carrow Road were any different. That also accords with my memory. So about a quarter of the games were effectively free to season ticket holders. This has now been almost completely eradicated.     

Isn't the club just responding to supply and demand. Demand is high and tickets are hard to come by so if they can sell out at £35 a ticket why charge £25 and reduce the budget you have to spend on new signings, wages and infrastructure? 

That was certainly David McNally's theory at the time when the Club CEO bonus was rising exponentially. I thought we had moved on to a German outlook model. In Germany they put more emphasis on affordable football for the masses.  

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

You don't consider loyalty is being rewarded then by freezing season ticket prices for the 6th year running and allowing you to pay in instalments at 0% interest ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Agreed, you can always hand your ticket to a friend or family member not in the vulnerable group should attended games restart. As I have said before, they can have my ashes to help the grass grow but I would prefer not to die there.😀

Exactly how I feel :classic_biggrin:........

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

You don't consider loyalty is being rewarded then by freezing season ticket prices for the 6th year running and allowing you to pay in instalments at 0% interest ?

Gripers gonna gripe.  Id have thought you'd  been around long enough to know that  Benny!! 

After getting no sympathy whatsoever for his gripe about share dividends, the next gripe was only ever just around the bend. I could see it coming and ive only got one good eye.The other one is watching one ,well two really, of the wifes best features rock gently back and forth as she irons.😉

Has someone changed the S ticket rules or summat? Are the Club not offering to defer /cancel/ whatever the payments.  Someone suggested Essexo may be TvB, I'm not so sure, but the sense of self importance has me wondering. Any more spurious digs at the Club and I may yet be convinced that he is, then we should tickle him till he flounces.

Edited by wcorkcanary
Spelling, using only one eye.
  • Like 1

TIL, Another reflection of the hiking up under McNally which still leaves us relatively high in the pricing charts.

Besides when including away charges still a 4% increase for the Club this season or 10% for us loyal home and aways together with a poorer service plus realistically those last 4 games aren't going to happen with a crowd.  

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

At Carrow Road - unlike at many other clubs - everyone has paid in advance for their season tickets, memberships for next season etc.

In pricing casual seats down to £30 Season ticket holders no longer get any real price advantage as they have done in the past.

Then NCFC whilst holding heaps of our money claim they are making NHS contributions.

Give us our money back, then we can decide whether we give to the NHS, other charities or even our own charity.    

My current season ticket equates to just over £26 per game, so I get a couple of games free per season, not sure what your beef is........

Under the preposterous away scheme my son who only wanted to attend games in the South East has obtained one game at Brighton at a cost of £80.

Couldn't get tickets for League games at Spurs and West Ham due to demand. Was otherwise engaged for Palace game. Arsenal, Watford & Chelsea are still outstanding.

I spoke to one supporter who claimed they had been refunded after having attended Carrow Road at 5.15 one morning and still failing to get a ticket that is despite Club initially saying they would never refund.    

Now naff can it get?   

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Couldn't get tickets for League games at Spurs and West Ham due to demand.

A few posts back you described yourself as a loyal home and away fan so how did that happen as the loyal fans who attended 10 games away in the Championship were in a priority group and were guaranteed a ticket ?