Jump to content
Well b back

Come on Sarah

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes totally great to have either, it would just be nice to have an answer in case they offer the choice!!

It seems to me that there is more research data avaiable on Pfizer, a function of time presumably. I wouldnt want to get into a debate about which is better, as I said I was originally going to have Pfizer but the medics changed that to AZ because of my medical history, horses for courses maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems luck of the draw for us, you can't even be clever about it with which vaccination centre you go to. I went to my local one expecting AZ and got Pfizer. They were back giving AZ to my colleague the day after. Just hope there's no logistical issues for dose 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Seems luck of the draw for us, you can't even be clever about it with which vaccination centre you go to. I went to my local one expecting AZ and got Pfizer. They were back giving AZ to my colleague the day after. Just hope there's no logistical issues for dose 2

Hi TJ

The U.K. starts its mass second doses over the next couple of weeks. I will update you on how that goes, I know where I help there is a worry that 20,000 appointments will need to be rebooked, but we have been told the vaccine has been stock piled, so hopefully that’s correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi TJ

The U.K. starts its mass second doses over the next couple of weeks. I will update you on how that goes, I know where I help there is a worry that 20,000 appointments will need to be rebooked, but we have been told the vaccine has been stock piled, so hopefully that’s correct.

Thanks - I am relieved to have my first jab scheduled for tomorrow.  There have been mentions that vaccine supply will be stepped up from the end of the month and as you say, hopefully they have stockpiled to ensure 2nd jabs can happen when required.  Thus far the roll-out has been very well organized so fingers crossed that will be continued.

 

I found an article in the Guardian which seemed to say first evidence for Oxford was also showing very good protection against severe Covid from 1st dose so I will just take whatever I get tomorrow, I have no preference !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi TJ

The U.K. starts its mass second doses over the next couple of weeks. I will update you on how that goes, I know where I help there is a worry that 20,000 appointments will need to be rebooked, but we have been told the vaccine has been stock piled, so hopefully that’s correct.

Cheers. I didn't get given a 2nd appointment, just told I'd get contacted nearer the time. There is speculation that the Pfizer 2nd jabs may be brought forward anyway so I get why it would be pointless giving me a date just yet.

Just slightly concerned I'd show up for jab 2 and they'd be all "oh we're doing AZ today" but I'm sure this has already been thought about.

If not, I'll give my mate a ring as he's got some Pfizer at his GP 😆

Tbh I'm just glad I'll be done by May by the time anything indoors that is worthwhile is back I can live with the lower risk outdoor stuff until then.

Edited by Tetteys Jig
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Cheers. I didn't get given a 2nd appointment, just told I'd get contacted nearer the time. There is speculation that the Pfizer 2nd jabs may be brought forward anyway so I get why it would be pointless giving me a date just yet.

Just slightly concerned I'd show up for jab 2 and they'd be all "oh we're doing AZ today" but I'm sure this has already been thought about.

If not, I'll give my mate a ring as he's got some Pfizer at his GP 😆

Tbh I'm just glad I'll be done by May by the time anything indoors that is worthwhile is back I can live with the lower risk outdoor stuff until then.

If it is tried to mix the doses ( without data ) the doctors that I speak to regular would react very negatively. My 11 weeks is 29/3 so nearly there ( Pfizer ) and even when we have had Pfizer in they wouldn’t let me have dose 2.

Do remember though AZ it is beneficial as data from the initial trial proves to wait the 12 weeks, Pfizer ( and Moderna ) are currently unknown as there is no data as yet over the 12 weeks, but of course the field data coming out of Israel for 21 days second dose is astonishing ( 99.96% effective ). As you have Pfizer ( unless something changes ) however as it stands it is better to grab your dose 2 after the 3 weeks are up if you get a chance.

Of course this is how the data stands at this moment and it could change at anytime.

The 1st data from the Oxford Sputnik trial is apparently showing the results that had been hoped for, which is very good for the world ( Sarah always promised version 2 would be an improvement ) but I cannot see that being used in most of the Western world due to how Sputnik was initially run down. It is interesting however seeing Russia and China giving vaccine to countries ‘ they want onside ‘.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Thanks - I am relieved to have my first jab scheduled for tomorrow.  There have been mentions that vaccine supply will be stepped up from the end of the month and as you say, hopefully they have stockpiled to ensure 2nd jabs can happen when required.  Thus far the roll-out has been very well organized so fingers crossed that will be continued.

 

I found an article in the Guardian which seemed to say first evidence for Oxford was also showing very good protection against severe Covid from 1st dose so I will just take whatever I get tomorrow, I have no preference !

https://publichealthscotland.scot/news/2021/february/vaccine-linked-to-reduction-in-risk-of-covid-19-admissions-to-hospitals/

 Hope all goes well tomorrow 👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Cheers. I didn't get given a 2nd appointment, just told I'd get contacted nearer the time. There is speculation that the Pfizer 2nd jabs may be brought forward anyway so I get why it would be pointless giving me a date just yet.

Just slightly concerned I'd show up for jab 2 and they'd be all "oh we're doing AZ today" but I'm sure this has already been thought about.

If not, I'll give my mate a ring as he's got some Pfizer at his GP 😆

Tbh I'm just glad I'll be done by May by the time anything indoors that is worthwhile is back I can live with the lower risk outdoor stuff until then.

I used this link to book my second jab https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

It seems to work for most people. You need your National Health number. If you are 56 and over and you haven’t had your first jab, you can also book through this link. I had my first jab on 2 February and I have the next on 20 April and it’s Oxford/Astra. 
Hope this helps. 

Edited by dj11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dj11 said:

I used this link to book my second jab https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

It seems to work for most people. You need your National Health number. If you are 56 and over and you haven’t had your first jab, you can also book through this link. I had my first jab on 2 February and I have the next on 20 April and it’s Oxford/Astra. 
Hope this helps. 

I'm a youngun so apparently I can't use that service...

I got my first one a bit out of the blue really... my GP surgery text me to tell me I was on the vulnerable list (bit of a surprise to me tbh) and gave me a link to get it booked. I only got the option to book 1 jab.

I suspect our area must be doing well getting through the JVCI list so for ease of logistics they flagged anyone with any kind of note on their medical records (I have a dodgy back but nothing serious) and sent out the blanket text.

All the advice was to just accept it for what it is rather than ring them challenging it as its more of a waste of time that way and I'd be put to the back of the queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Well b back said:

If it is tried to mix the doses ( without data ) the doctors that I speak to regular would react very negatively. My 11 weeks is 29/3 so nearly there ( Pfizer ) and even when we have had Pfizer in they wouldn’t let me have dose 2.

Do remember though AZ it is beneficial as data from the initial trial proves to wait the 12 weeks, Pfizer ( and Moderna ) are currently unknown as there is no data as yet over the 12 weeks, but of course the field data coming out of Israel for 21 days second dose is astonishing ( 99.96% effective ). As you have Pfizer ( unless something changes ) however as it stands it is better to grab your dose 2 after the 3 weeks are up if you get a chance.

Of course this is how the data stands at this moment and it could change at anytime.

The 1st data from the Oxford Sputnik trial is apparently showing the results that had been hoped for, which is very good for the world ( Sarah always promised version 2 would be an improvement ) but I cannot see that being used in most of the Western world due to how Sputnik was initially run down. It is interesting however seeing Russia and China giving vaccine to countries ‘ they want onside ‘.

It looks like Sputnik may be manufactured in Italy if local regulatory approval is gained, and EMA started to review it last week so we may see a broader acceptace in the West before too long WBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I'm a youngun so apparently I can't use that service...

I got my first one a bit out of the blue really... my GP surgery text me to tell me I was on the vulnerable list (bit of a surprise to me tbh) and gave me a link to get it booked. I only got the option to book 1 jab.

I suspect our area must be doing well getting through the JVCI list so for ease of logistics they flagged anyone with any kind of note on their medical records (I have a dodgy back but nothing serious) and sent out the blanket text.

All the advice was to just accept it for what it is rather than ring them challenging it as its more of a waste of time that way and I'd be put to the back of the queue.

That’s exactly the same for me, wait to be contacted for my second dates, my wife booked hers for both initial and second in June. Just different booking methods, I have a ten week alarm set on my phone calendar and if I’ve not had another text then I’ll contact my surgery. I’m like you had the Pfizer and still unaware of the time between the jabs, I assume it’s twelve weeks but nothing confirmed really on the Pfizer vaccines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s exactly the same for me, wait to be contacted for my second dates, my wife booked hers for both initial and second in June. Just different booking methods, I have a ten week alarm set on my phone calendar and if I’ve not had another text then I’ll contact my surgery. I’m like you had the Pfizer and still unaware of the time between the jabs, I assume it’s twelve weeks but nothing confirmed really on the Pfizer vaccines.

Officially in the U.K. it’s 11 weeks, which allows for a week delay. Watch for my updates next couple of weeks as where I am helping their second dose roll out starts last week of March, and every second dose appointment was booked when 1st dose was given ( as per the instructions ).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj11 said:

I used this link to book my second jab https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

It seems to work for most people. You need your National Health number. If you are 56 and over and you haven’t had your first jab, you can also book through this link. I had my first jab on 2 February and I have the next on 20 April and it’s Oxford/Astra. 
Hope this helps. 

We have used this same link (actually thanks to your link posted). You book your first AND your second jab at the same time.

They are now accepting those aged 55 as well (and possibly each day or two will move to a year lower). 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It looks like Sputnik may be manufactured in Italy if local regulatory approval is gained, and EMA started to review it last week so we may see a broader acceptace in the West before too long WBB

Thanks for that VW.

I think this thread has shown throughout how important it is not to pre judge. Why wouldn’t you use a 2nd dose that increases efficacy considerably other than through pre conceived ideas. I often wonder where we would be had Pfizer, Moderna Oxford ect failed ( below 50% ) and the only vaccines available would have been Sputnik V or Sinovac, especially with Sputnik being nearly 92% effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sonyc said:

We have used this same link (actually thanks to your link posted). You book your first AND your second jab at the same time.

They are now accepting those aged 55 as well (and possibly each day or two will move to a year lower). 

Let us all know when you are joining the vaccinated club SONYC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

If it is tried to mix the doses ( without data ) the doctors that I speak to regular would react very negatively. My 11 weeks is 29/3 so nearly there ( Pfizer ) and even when we have had Pfizer in they wouldn’t let me have dose 2.

Do remember though AZ it is beneficial as data from the initial trial proves to wait the 12 weeks, Pfizer ( and Moderna ) are currently unknown as there is no data as yet over the 12 weeks, but of course the field data coming out of Israel for 21 days second dose is astonishing ( 99.96% effective ). As you have Pfizer ( unless something changes ) however as it stands it is better to grab your dose 2 after the 3 weeks are up if you get a chance.

Of course this is how the data stands at this moment and it could change at anytime.

The 1st data from the Oxford Sputnik trial is apparently showing the results that had been hoped for, which is very good for the world ( Sarah always promised version 2 would be an improvement ) but I cannot see that being used in most of the Western world due to how Sputnik was initially run down. It is interesting however seeing Russia and China giving vaccine to countries ‘ they want onside ‘.

Israel/Palestine is also using their spare vaccine to garner support from  over 20 countries.countries. Just one of the many links

https://www.timesofisrael.com/mauritania-reportedly-among-19-20-countries-israel-is-planning-to-give-vaccines/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Let us all know when you are joining the vaccinated club SONYC

First was 26/2 and second booked for mid May (a Sunday). AZ. Mrs S is three weeks behind me. I was told they were using AZ that day. I would have been happy with either.

Just felt tired for maybe 12 hours but hardly really under the weather. Felt sore in the area for a few days but again very mild. That said, I have a high physical pain threshold I think!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant to add, my Pfizer jab had no adverse effect, but not sure it’s connected, but I’ve had hip issues for the past 18 months since doing a daft Triathlon, doctors said it was early onset of arthritis, but since having the jab my hip ache has nearly all but disappeared! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indy said:

I meant to add, my Pfizer jab had no adverse effect, but not sure it’s connected, but I’ve had hip issues for the past 18 months since doing a daft Triathlon, doctors said it was early onset of arthritis, but since having the jab my hip ache has nearly all but disappeared! 

Lol

Thats quite funny as when the 80’s plus were coming for their jabs I used to say you can sign up for the London Marathon now in October, meaning there would be less social distancing, but clearly if it cures your ailments and makes you super human then maybe they really can.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Israel/Palestine is also using their spare vaccine to garner support from  over 20 countries.countries. Just one of the many links

https://www.timesofisrael.com/mauritania-reportedly-among-19-20-countries-israel-is-planning-to-give-vaccines/

Thanks for that.

I don’t think governments thought of this as it wasn’t anticipated each ‘ major country ‘ would have their own vaccines, but it is a very cheap way to get support from Countries they are trying to get closer to, Serbia and Hungary are prime examples.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonyc said:

We have used this same link (actually thanks to your link posted). You book your first AND your second jab at the same time.

They are now accepting those aged 55 as well (and possibly each day or two will move to a year lower). 

Thanks @sonyc- just booked in Mrs ICF who's younger than me !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Indy said:

I meant to add, my Pfizer jab had no adverse effect, but not sure it’s connected, but I’ve had hip issues for the past 18 months since doing a daft Triathlon, doctors said it was early onset of arthritis, but since having the jab my hip ache has nearly all but disappeared! 

come to think about it, I've not had my back give me any jip since I was jabbed

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2021/Real-World-Evidence-Confirms-High-Effectiveness-of-Pfizer-BioNTech-COVID-19-Vaccine-and-Profound-Public-Health-Impact-of-Vaccination-One-Year-After-Pandemic-Declared/default.aspx

Some pretty stunning data coming out from Pfizer real world findings... roll on summer! Perhaps then people will stop ****ting themselves from both sides of the extreme Covid spectrum (they probably still won't)...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2021/Real-World-Evidence-Confirms-High-Effectiveness-of-Pfizer-BioNTech-COVID-19-Vaccine-and-Profound-Public-Health-Impact-of-Vaccination-One-Year-After-Pandemic-Declared/default.aspx

Some pretty stunning data coming out from Pfizer real world findings... roll on summer! Perhaps then people will stop ****ting themselves from both sides of the extreme Covid spectrum (they probably still won't)...

Indeed TJ.

I read this tweet early this morning as well so I've copied the link here as it shows the graph. Secondly if you click on it you can read some of the comments.

It is hopeful.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So just had my 1st jab (Oxford AZ). Very easy process. Derby Pride Park arena. Hopefully next time I’m here will be for the footie where I’ve enjoyed some good games when City have played here (although hopefully we’ll be in different divisions for some time!).

 

I only had to wait in line for 2/3 minutes, jab in the arm & off. I’m waiting 15 mins before driving.

 

Very relieved TBH

Edited by It's Character Forming
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Ireland now suspending the use of AZ vaccine based on a normal amount of people getting blood clots... what in gods name are all these EU countries doing?! It's completely absurd behaviour really unless I'm missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2021 at 08:41, It's Character Forming said:

So just had my 1st jab (Oxford AZ). Very easy process. Derby Pride Park arena. Hopefully next time I’m here will be for the footie where I’ve enjoyed some good games when City have played here (although hopefully we’ll be in different divisions for some time!).

 

I only had to wait in line for 2/3 minutes, jab in the arm & off. I’m waiting 15 mins before driving.

 

Very relieved TBH

Are you in the Pfizer club ? Going by your 15 minute wait.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2021 at 13:14, sonyc said:

Indeed TJ.

I read this tweet early this morning as well so I've copied the link here as it shows the graph. Secondly if you click on it you can read some of the comments.

It is hopeful.

 

 

 

America also opening back up as their new cases drop rapidly and deaths ( although they look high ) have halved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...