Well b back

Come on Sarah

Sounds really promising! If it is a different one, that's fine, it might take the heat off the Oxford one while it gets through its final stages. Just in time really with us seemingly on the cusp of things spiralling out of control again

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Never mind, there's always the Russian vaccine. 100 percent safe and effective.

😀👍

You mean the Oxford vaccine with a Russian label 😁

11 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

You mean the Oxford vaccine with a Russian label 😁

Been tested on all Putin's opponents, contains Polonium, works a treat.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Been tested on all Putin's opponents, contains Polonium, works a treat.

This gave me a laugh last night...

IMG_20200912_181532.jpg

• Haha 2

On 11/09/2020 at 23:25, Well b back said:

Well here it is. Go to 2 minutes 38 and prepare for this thread to begin to finish. For those in the know, which vaccine is being manufactured in Keele please ?. I have a feeling neither of these are Oxford.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000mh6d/midlands-today-late-news-11092020

I watched this yesterday and then went to have another look this morning but it seems to be "not available" to me now ????

32 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

I watched this yesterday and then went to have another look this morning but it seems to be "not available" to me now ????

Me to

it seems they delete it when the next nights news goes on iplayer. 

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

Me to

it seems they delete it when the next nights news goes on iplayer. 

Ah, thought it was something a bit more sinister...............:   😉

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t understand why the nationals haven’t picked this up

Hi CK

Yes I am thinking the same, only an opinion but you would guess they were either told you should not have released that, or maybe it’s not really going to happen, but in reality the likes of The NY Times have been saying for a couple of weeks that the Pfizer could be ready October.

Usually this would be appearing in the foreign press first, but nothing there either. Our press are so far behind, I managed to look at 10 UK reports today, 2 mentioned Oxford is no longer paused, but 8 said Oxford was paused until further notice. It was unpaused Saturday morning so it wasn’t that this happened after print deadlines.

To follow on this was released to the Press 9 am Saturday morning by Jenner and AstraZeneca, maybe they just want it to go wrong.

University of Oxford resumes vaccine trial

The ongoing randomised controlled clinical trials of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 will resume across all UK clinical trial sites.

Globally some 18,000 individuals have received study vaccines as part of the trial. In large trials such as this, it is expected that some participants will become unwell and every case must be carefully evaluated to ensure careful assessment of safety. 

On Sunday [06/09/2020] our standard review process triggered a study pause to vaccination across all of our global trials to allow the review of safety data by an independent safety review committee, and the national regulators. All routine follow-up appointments continued as normal during this period. 

The independent review process has concluded and following the recommendations of both the independent safety review committee and the UK regulator, the MHRA, the trials will recommence in the UK.

We cannot disclose medical information about the illness for reasons of participant confidentiality.

We are committed to the safety of our participants and the highest standards of conduct in our studies and will continue to monitor safety closely.

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t understand why the nationals haven’t picked this up

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

Hi CK

Yes I am thinking the same, only an opinion but you would guess they were either told you should not have released that, or maybe it’s not really going to happen, but in reality the likes of The NY Times have been saying for a couple of weeks that the Pfizer could be ready October.

Usually this would be appearing in the foreign press first, but nothing there either. Our press are so far behind, I managed to look at 10 UK reports today, 2 mentioned Oxford is no longer paused, but 8 said Oxford was paused until further notice. It was unpaused Saturday morning so it wasn’t that this happened after print deadlines.

I find this all incredibly odd really . I watched the BBC midlands news bulletin you highlighted WBB and went to bed expecting to see it in the headlines next day . Nothing !! No explanation since either . Truly weird . 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

I find this all incredibly odd really . I watched the BBC midlands news bulletin you highlighted WBB and went to bed expecting to see it in the headlines next day . Nothing !! No explanation since either . Truly weird . 

Good! Hopefully it all goes under the radar until its actually happening. Last thing we need is a media ****storm and a bunch of hysterical people.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

I know it’s so strange, unless I am mistaken, it didn’t even sound he was getting the info 2nd hand it was like he was in the meeting. Even his numbers made sense, although keeping it to just 2 counties did sound strange. You would think if there were that many doses it would be in care homes all over the country. Another thing I now find strange is how they knew ‘ it was going to be authorised ‘. If it already has authorisation why not get it out there now, don’t see the relevance of you have to have the flu jab first.
On the ITV Midlands news that night there was a guy from the QE that gave frightening figures about the QE at the moment, totally the opposite to the government figures.  There is no trace of that either.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Well b back said:

Hi CK

This article appeared today @Well b back. Supports what you've mentioned about Pfizer and end of October

https://www.biospace.com/article/pfizer-biontech-say-covid-19-vaccine-might-be-ready-by-end-of-october/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

This article appeared today @Well b back. Supports what you've mentioned about Pfizer and end of October

https://www.biospace.com/article/pfizer-biontech-say-covid-19-vaccine-might-be-ready-by-end-of-october/

very promising! Still going pretty much as we've called it all along! Ready by autumn but only enough for the most vulnerable. To be fair, I'd take that!

Since this virus is so biased with who it kills, if we get all the old and vulnerable sorted by Christmas (1.5m shielding isn't there?) then it's not going to do much overwhelming of hospitals etc, even if millions of the rest of us caught it right? I guess no vaccine works 100% though...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

very promising! Still going pretty much as we've called it all along! Ready by autumn but only enough for the most vulnerable. To be fair, I'd take that!

Since this virus is so biased with who it kills, if we get all the old and vulnerable sorted by Christmas (1.5m shielding isn't there?) then it's not going to do much overwhelming of hospitals etc, even if millions of the rest of us caught it right? I guess no vaccine works 100% though...

Fingers crossed TJ, fingers crossed

5 hours ago, sonyc said:

This makes sense and I am sure those that watched the link or saw it as it happened ( West Midlands today ) could also relate this article to what he said. I am beginning to move to the side of the guy reported something highly confidential and they were told to not mention it again.

Just to highlight the concern coming out of Oxford about the rising numbers, they estimate the daily infections are twice those the government are telling us. More on this tomorrow but the NY Times ( who seem to get a lot spot on ) are reporting that the U.K. have lost control of the virus and hinting the government are way out, either accidentally or deliberately. They are claiming there is a backlog of test results standing at 185,000 claiming these have been sent to Europe as our capacity is shot. Here is the app results.

5 hours ago, sonyc said:

And just to add, here is an actual claim by Pfizer they will be ready in October and their phase 3 results are in.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/coronavirus-vaccine-whats-happening-now-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

She’s on radio 4 atm WBB, not been able to listen but a whole show devoted to Sarah😀

” Life Scientific “

Edited by Van wink

32 minutes ago, Van wink said:

She’s on radio 4 atm WBB, not been able to listen but a whole show devoted to Sarah😀

” Life Scientific “

Missing it dam. She seems to be doing lots more interviews, often a sign of giving people confidence.

UAE injecting the Chinese vaccine into their health workers. 

UAE approves vaccine for health workers

The United Arab Emirates has given emergency permission for the use of a coronavirus vaccine in front-line workers.

Stage three trials of the Chinese-made vaccine began in the country in July and are not yet complete.

"The vaccine will be available to our first line of defense heroes who are at the highest risk of contracting the virus," the UAE's national emergency crisis and disaster management authority said on Twitter.

The body said there had been no severe side effects from the vaccine, which has been tested in 31,000 volunteers.

About 140 vaccines are in early development around the world, and around two dozen are now being tested on people in clinical trials. An even smaller number have reached advanced, or stage three, trials, and none has so far been proven to be completely safe and effective.