Well b back

Come on Sarah

13 hours ago, Van wink said:

Suggestions the Russian vaccine is effecting the immune system and causing enlargement of lymph nodes

image.thumb.png.f1cd0db2229b0d85012150055023fd14.png

I saw this at the weekend and the person was going to forward it lol. Let’s hope that one wasn’t Oxford lol

10 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Had the exact same thing when I've said this to people as well and I work in the industry...

The main problem I envisage is distributing it to the people that need it most and how the govt go about that.

I think a significant amount of the public will also be permanently scarred into living a more socially distanced life as well even with the vaccine circulated. Its gonna be a tough job for the govt to convince people that things are 100% safe to go back to "normal"

I was thinking about this the other day. I know with the flu jab there are long queues all day outside each surgery, with no social distancing ( obviously none was needed then ). Wether it’s Oxford, Germany or Moderna unless we have been misled those 3 require 2 jabs. Of course the last thing the U.K. or any other country would want is loads of people catching it whilst being inoculated or in those 2 weeks waiting for the second jab.

As a personal thing think if it is how we read I will go into total lockdown again for 2 weeks after having jab 1.

With regards social distancing that is an interesting one. Overall has the general health of the U.K. improved ?. Firstly the lack of flu and colds over the last few months has been notable. So maybe I am hoping for a form of distancing that doesn’t see strangers, wether that be people serving you or the general public in your face. I suspect life will main slightly different for the under 30’s compared to the over 50’s. Those over 50’s though ( me included ) need to be helped to trust things again ( doctor’s surgery for instance ) or we will see more and more of diseases like cancer raising their heads again.

Tettey Jig said

Had the exact same thing when I've said this to people as well and I work in the industry...

Knowing what we know on this thread I am tempted to either now or as soon as we know that it definitely works open a thread on the main discussion board ( it is football related as gets crowds back ) and see how I get an absolute slating from people not believing us and people saying they won’t be taking it as it is not safe lol

Has anyone else noticed this morning there is a movement in the way Countries, PM’s and governments ( ours don’t appear to be in the discussions yet ) from will there be a vaccine and don’t hold you breath, to will a vaccine be compulsory?. I appreciate that it won’t be compulsory and Australia have quickly back tracked, but if it is not close why are these conversations happening ? I assume we are being prepared and the battle with anti vaxers has begun.

This to me is more indication we are getting close. Australia contradict themselves in the same speech. Firstly in commencing production of Oxford they are hoping for this year, then there is little chance of it happening this year.

Either the head of sales from AstraZeneca is the best salesman in the world, or more likely he is providing governments with info as to the current results.

He was speaking after his government signed an agreement with the Anglo-Swedish company AstraZeneca to manufacture the potential Covid-19 vaccine, being developed by Oxford University. Researchers hope to have results of a Phase Three efficacy trial by the end of the year. 

Scott Morrison described the vaccine as one the most promising and advanced in the world. Mr Morrison said he wanted it to be mandatory unless there were individual medical reasons for not having it.

He added that If the vaccine clears trials, the federal government would manufacture it and make it free for all Australians - but that it was unlikely to happen until next year at the earliest.

This is the sort of comment that shows ( to me ) the fear of opposition parties when it comes to existing parties being in power when a vaccine is released. No vaccine Trump loses, get a vaccine out or ready prior to November possibly a different outcome.

But the health spokesman for Australia's opposition Labour Party, accused the prime minister of spin, saying it was not clear that Australia had the manufacturing capacity to produce the vaccine.

Let’s put Adrian Hills latest comments into perspective. Hello Mr Trump, Mr Johnson ect. Our results are firmly in the balance. Don’t worry about it Mr Hill us and many countries around the world will just take the chance and produce it now ? Surely outside the press he is providing different evidence for the mass production to begin. Or maybe he is just hedging his bets in case he has conned the world leaders into spending billions.

Professor Hill, director of the university’s Jenner Institute, accepts the chances of success still hang firmly in the balance.

“The US government, the UK government, loads of charities and philanthropists are all saying we’ll pay to have it manufactured, before you finish the trial. I mean, it's a huge kind of vote of confidence in what we're doing. It's really flattering,” he said.

“But that doesn't guarantee the result. It could be nothing or could be great or somewhere in between."

• Like 1

Forget the controversial comments about compulsory vaccinations that is now withdrawn. Now I have read between the lines and reckon the changes of a few words here and there are giving the game away. Firstly Australia has now paid for and ordered syringes and vials, that’s several hundred million dollars and they have a limited life span. The article says it won’t be ready till next year. Now read it again and look carefully at what they have said. ‘ we will begin manufacture as soon as the relevant tests are complete ‘. It will take us several months to manufacture, hence it won’t be ready until next year.

We are already producing the vaccine ( or so we have been told ). I am reading this as their next year is our this year and we have first access. Every article I read seems to get us closer if you read between the lines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53826846

• Like 1

Reading various posts it appears that a considerable number will not take up the offer of a vaccine. Moving on I wonder if you will need a vaccine “ certification “ to get into CR ?

4 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Reading various posts it appears that a considerable number will not take up the offer of a vaccine. Moving on I wonder if you will need a vaccine “ certification “ to get into CR ?

I had a cert to get into Bolivia to say I had a yellow fever jab so it's not a new thing

6 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Hi

This is why I reckon the governments are opening the debate now ? Maybe just to see where lines can be drawn ?

You bring up a very good subject though will it be easier to get employment if you have had the jab ? Will there be certain industries / activities where there is a problem with social distancing be more down the lines of you need the jab ? There are reports on here that 60 % would be the number for it to pretty much work. This winter will be the turn of the over 50’s and those that get the flu jab, I guess that take up rate will be very high.

Will be interesting times ahead.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Hi

This is why I reckon the governments are opening the debate now ? Maybe just to see where lines can be drawn ?

You bring up a very good subject though will it be easier to get employment if you have had the jab ? Will there be certain industries / activities where there is a problem with social distancing be more down the lines of you need the jab ? There are reports on here that 60 % would be the number for it to pretty much work. This winter will be the turn of the over 50’s and those that get the flu jab, I guess that take up rate will be very high.

Indeed, and having seen what’s happened to Putin I’d like to think my missis will be towards the front of the queue 😉

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Hi

60% assumes R0 of 2.5.    Which, if I recall was the ballpark figure we were given.  Obviously we are not  behaving normally just yet so a much lower % will keep us below R=1.

In reality we can probably keep the figures in decline with much lower uptake again if the jab is given strategically.

I think the absolutely highest R0 estimate i saw was 3.7 so the permanent path to eradication would be set at around 73%. Even under worst estimates and most mixing we have plenty of room for the antivaxxers not to mess it up for everyone

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

60% assumes R0 of 2.5.    Which, if I recall was the ballpark figure we were given.  Obviously we are not  whaving normally just yet so a much lower % will keep us below R=1.

In reality we can probably keep the figures in decline with much lower uptake again if the jab is given strategically.

I think the absolutely highest R0 estimate i saw was 3.7 so the permanent path to eradication would be set at around 73%.     Plenty of room for the antivaxxers not to mess it up for everyone

Thanks for that. Never imagined this thread would get so long lol, impossible to remember everything.

Am I right in assuming that if over 50’s and the vulnerable have the vaccine, the disease although not eradicated would be less severe than flu amongst our younger colleagues ?. I suppose there will be some however that because of their age cannot obtain sufficient immunity ?. 
I reckon we will see the first moves against the anti vaxers soon, be interesting to see what arguments are put out there.

Just watching the ITV news and to quote the news reader

’ with a vaccine a long way off, if indeed there will ever be one ‘

WTF

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Just watching the ITV news and to quote the news reader

’ with a vaccine a long way off, if indeed there will ever be one ‘

WTF

That’s cheered me up no end, anybody want a ST ?

• Like 1

Again watching the ITV news.

All those young people who rightly think it won’t kill me, should have just watched that report. It is talking about the long term effects for those who get a bad dose, and lots of those weren’t very old. 

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

That’s cheered me up no end, anybody want a ST ?

What on earth will they be reporting on once they catch up ? There is no cure yet for the next virus that could hit at anytime maybe ? Or maybe they will report encouraging the anti vaxers !!!

26 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Thanks for that. Never imagined this thread would get so long lol, impossible to remember everything.

Am I right in assuming that if over 50’s and the vulnerable have the vaccine, the disease although not eradicated would be less severe than flu amongst our younger colleagues ?. I suppose there will be some however that because of their age cannot obtain sufficient immunity ?. 
I reckon we will see the first moves against the anti vaxers soon, be interesting to see what arguments are put out there.

If the vaccine doesn't at least reduce severity it won't get past the testing so must do that as a minimum.  There was some suggestion that it might allow spread but that was very high dose in monkeys. I dont recall an article putting a comparative severity to it but I'd prefer mild cold to mild flu!

I think the vulnerable being less likely to benefit from a shot is probably good science given the immune system ages and breaks same as anything in the body.  I get the impression though that it's a bit like a pro footballer.  At retirement age its not quite what it was but it can adapt and will still perform better than anyone down the park long after retirement 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3582124/#!po=0.510204

This has just appeared as a tweet on Jenners website. I know some of you work in these fields, so is this publication like Lancet ?.

If this is true it looks like we might have a cure and even a vaccine that needs no approval and given to all our babies as a matter of course, hence one of the answers as to why younger people aren’t so effected. Can I have you experts commenting ?. If I have read this right I wonder when the U.K. or even the world press will report on it. Apparently USA, Mexico, Brazil, France and Italy do not give this to their newborns. Does anyone know when we started to give it to our newborns ?, I will try to find out.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S109291342030143X

Wow I have just found this from May. There were reports BCG worked ( to stop the disease spreading to your lungs ). There was no certainty until the results of those trials. Is that what we have just seen ?, please tell me it is !. The countries doing the trials included Australia, Holland and Nigeria, some of the lowest death rates. 
https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/can-bcg-vaccine-protect-against-covid-19

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

Wow I have just found this from May. There were reports BCG worked ( to stop the disease spreading to your lungs ). There was no certainty until the results of those trials. Is that what we have just seen ?, please tell me it is !. The countries doing the trials included Australia, Holland and Nigeria, some of the lowest death rates. 
https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/can-bcg-vaccine-protect-against-covid-19

Thanks for posting. I completely missed this earlier on.

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

Thanks for posting. I completely missed this earlier on.

No problem.

What is your learned opinion ? Is the report official ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

All look like legit sources.  But what do I know...

Lol what do any of us know ?. 
It is really interesting today that the government seem to be telling us all is fine, yet we see reports of NHS and local authorities preparing for the second far more deadly wave ( their words ) beginning over the next few weeks, peaking Jan, Feb and March. NY Times are reporting Oxford results MAYBE imminent, but who knows.

15 hours ago, Well b back said:

This has just appeared as a tweet on Jenners website. I know some of you work in these fields, so is this publication like Lancet ?.

If this is true it looks like we might have a cure and even a vaccine that needs no approval and given to all our babies as a matter of course, hence one of the answers as to why younger people aren’t so effected. Can I have you experts commenting ?. If I have read this right I wonder when the U.K. or even the world press will report on it. Apparently USA, Mexico, Brazil, France and Italy do not give this to their newborns. Does anyone know when we started to give it to our newborns ?, I will try to find out.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S109291342030143X

Thanks for that Wbb............ just read it and it appears very hopeful. Just wondering why it is not being reported in the mainstream press yet ?? (I know they have picked up late on some things but surely this is too important to not ask some serious questions of ??)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

Thanks for that Wbb............ just read it and it appears very hopeful. Just wondering why it is not being reported in the mainstream press yet ?? (I know they have picked up late on some things but surely this is too important to not ask some serious questions of ??)

It’s like they don’t want it to come to an end lol. Even if the EDP picked up on this thread they could get some real scoops. Did you see the article I posted after ? Basically reporting on this 3 months ago as a suspicion but no trial results ?.

The reporting over the last 2 days has ITV telling us there may never be a vaccine, and others telling us today the NHS are preparing for a second far more deadly wave, beginning September peaking January, February, March. I have no idea ! Reading the foreign press the U.K. are as close as anyone, reading and listening to our press we are miles away, yet politicians seem to think we can go to football ect from October.

I appreciate they don’t want to build up hopes, but please treat us like adults and tell us the truth and either give us hope, or tell us these Companies are not telling the truth and there is no chance of vaccines or treatments in the foreseeable future. I suspect though they know far more than they are letting on as otherwise they wouldn’t all be spending billions on drugs that are never going to work.

I am sick now of being the mad one in people’s eyes that thinks there will be a vaccine soon lol.