Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Come on Sarah

I wonder if governments and the WHO wish they had invested in this technology years ago. Clearly they didn’t believe the claims that you need a different type of vaccine to fight pandemics. It also shows once it is proved to work Kings College and Moderna vaccines will have little or no risk to safety. Hindsight, what a wonderful thing.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/coronavirus-vaccine-mrna

Russia launch their vaccine.

2 jabs needed ? 21 days apart ? High temperature after first jab ? Gone through clinical testing ? Easily mass produced ? Mmmmmm good news is that sound familiar where have I read about a vaccine like that before ? Sounds awfully similar to the one Mr Trump is talking about. And Russia didn’t steal our secrets ah right lol. This has to be Oxford after human challenge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53735718

Well I'm guessing they're really doing the rest of us a favour by effectively testing their vaccine on the general population.  It's simply not possible for them to have done complete testing in the timeframe.

The risk of side effects is probably very low - the chances are they've used one with a well-established safety record like the Oxford one.  But there's a big risk for them it's not that effective in practice, which undermines public faith in vaccination.  So I really hope it works for them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Well I'm guessing they're really doing the rest of us a favour by effectively testing their vaccine on the general population.  It's simply not possible for them to have done complete testing in the timeframe.

The risk of side effects is probably very low - the chances are they've used one with a well-established safety record like the Oxford one.  But there's a big risk for them it's not that effective in practice, which undermines public faith in vaccination.  So I really hope it works for them.

Hi

Yes I thought the same. If it is Oxford for us it can’t be a bad thing as we already know it’s pretty safe and if millions are now going to receive it then that should push along our phase 3. Only problem can we trust Russia to give us the true figures of the number of people vaccinated that catch it.

Surely we must know at goverment level what the vaccine is ?. 

20 hours ago, Well b back said:

Russia launch their vaccine.

2 jabs needed ? 21 days apart ? High temperature after first jab ? Gone through clinical testing ? Easily mass produced ? Mmmmmm good news is that sound familiar where have I read about a vaccine like that before ? Sounds awfully similar to the one Mr Trump is talking about. And Russia didn’t steal our secrets ah right lol. This has to be Oxford after human challenge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53735718

I said as much three weeks ago, WBB, but this stealing isn’t quite right as the info on the vaccine is known throughout the scientific world. The Russians as normal are fast tracking it as they’ve developed the vaccine copied from the Oxford studies, their stage three is our stage 4 a gamble.

Just a heads up, GSK are moving forward in trying to speed up the process of stage three results as pressures being applied by government to vaccinate those at risk before the winter. We might well see first vaccines end of September, early October if the results are positive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

I said as much three weeks ago, WBB, but this stealing isn’t quite right as the info on the vaccine is known throughout the scientific world. The Russians as normal are fast tracking it as they’ve developed the vaccine copied from the Oxford studies, their stage three is our stage 4 a gamble.

Just a heads up, GSK are moving forward in trying to speed up the process of stage three results as pressures being applied by government to vaccinate those at risk before the winter. We might well see first vaccines end of September, early October if the results are positive.

Do in effect the full 'blueprint' is shared?    Seems remarkable that a company would do this even in the current circumstances 

7 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Do in effect the full 'blueprint' is shared?    Seems remarkable that a company would do this even in the current circumstances 

I don’t fully know, I get snippets as my brother in law is a toxicologist, a mutual friend in GSK says bits , there was a big movement from March to share the information as this was so critical to everyone going different studies, the Chinese government was very quick and open with their knowledge of the virus giving the scientific community a good starting point.

Thats as much as I know but the Oxford vaccine has been used in studies in lot of different countries now.

Yes this wasn’t a commercial war to start with the serious nature of this means this was a totally different set of research goals. That’s why I get so peed off with two bit scientists trying to get their mugs on the news stating about being cautious and vaccines not fully working when they have no direct connections.

Edited by Indy