Well b back

Come on Sarah

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Backs up my post

Indeed it does.

Would be great to see an official announcement as as you say clearly the GP’s ect know what’s going on.

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If it helps this is the manufacturers schedules. Which look to be exactly as thought.
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-two-million-vaccine-doses-to-be-supplied-each-week-from-mid-january-report-12177151

It looks like it will just roll out then...more batches of Pfizer, 500,000 AZ for early January and 2m ready by mid January. That looks good. 

No need for Zahawi now to say anything.😉

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

It looks like it will just roll out then...more batches of Pfizer, 500,000 AZ for early January and 2m ready by mid January. That looks good. 

No need for Zahawi now to say anything.😉

Lol

Pfizer are actually saying 4 million here so we still have another 3 million. Still think it will be the summer though before we get to where we want to be, unless they plan to up the numbers big during February. We will need to match the numbers in March, April and May in dosage just to give second doses.
You would think Zahawi would be singing from the rooftops. 

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Lol

Pfizer are actually saying 4 million here so we still have another 3 million. Still think it will be the summer though before we get to where we want to be, unless they plan to up the numbers big during February. We will need to match the numbers in March, April and May in dosage just to give second doses.
You would think Zahawi would be singing from the rooftops. 

He is a man who perhaps doesn't like the limelight 😏

• Haha 1

Bring it on
“Batches of the newly approved coronavirus vaccine from Oxford University and AstraZeneca have started arriving at hospitals ahead of the jab's rollout on Monday.

Some 530,000 doses of the vaccine will be available across the UK from Monday, with vulnerable groups already identified as the priority for immunisation.

One of the first hospitals to take delivery of a batch on Saturday was the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath, part of Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust.

Dr George Findlay, chief medical officer and deputy chief executive at the trust, said the vaccination programme gave NHS staff "more confidence" coming into work.”

Edited by Van wink

More excellent news, India have not only approved Oxford they have also approved their own home made vaccine. I appreciate we knew this yesterday. Interestingly AstraZeneca 8 - 12 weeks apart ‘ due to likely improved efficacy ‘. The excellent news of course is India will be supplying 60% of the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-55520658

More questions about the two doses this time in a letter by MP’s. I would tend to ignore the first points as I think this is as they say in their questions ‘ a none event ‘. The answers to the second part however will be very interesting. This is having an effect of undermining the vaccine. Have to say I always wanted Pfizer, but now I would much prefer AstraZeneca if we stick to Pfizer 8 - 12 weeks.

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

More on India. 
This is amazing @Tetteys Jig once the WHO authorise India will be commencing to vaccinate the world.

this will be the key to all of this ending, deffo. Each country has their own challenges to try get through this but ultimately until its been properly suppressed everywhere its still an issue.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

this will be the key to all of this ending, deffo. Each country has their own challenges to try get through this but ultimately until its been properly suppressed everywhere its still an issue.

Indeed as this shows, positive news if you read all of it, worrying if you don’t read all of it.

In another development, an academic has said there is a "big question mark" over whether a vaccine developed at Oxford University will be as effective against a new variant of the virus that has emerged in South Africa.

Prof Sir John Bell, Regius professor of medicine at the university, said the team there were currently investigating this question "right now". 

He added it was "unlikely" the variant would "turn off the effect of vaccines entirely," and in any case it would be possible to tweak the vaccine in around 4-6 weeks.

"Everybody should stay calm - it's going to be fine," he told Times Radio.

"But we're now in a game of cat and mouse - because these are not the only two variants we're going to see".

Be very interesting to see the outcome of this

Germany looking into delaying second vaccine dose - report

Germany is seeking advice on whether to delay giving the second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to make supplies go further, in a similar move to the UK, according to a document seen by the Reuters news agency.

The country's health ministry has asked an independent vaccination commission for its opinion on administering the second shot later than 42 days after the first.

The UK will give both parts of both the Pfizer and the Oxford vaccines 12 weeks apart, having initially planned to leave 21 days between the Pfizer jabs.

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Thanks Sonyc

I just heard, the under 50’s may not even be vaccinated now. I have not seen any model that suggests from where we are we can have the over 50’s + those considered vulnerable vaccinated prior to summer.
I know I sound like a parrot but prove me wrong, get that group done by March end, mobilise the military tonight.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Annoying that they cannot update the vaccination scoreboard regularly.

We definitely know of +1 (the chap on the main news!)

Oxford vaccine arriving in this region on Thursday according to report on Look East just now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Thanks Sonyc

I just heard, the under 50’s may not even be vaccinated now. I have not seen any model that suggests from where we are we can have the over 50’s + those considered vulnerable vaccinated prior to summer.
I know I sound like a parrot but prove me wrong, get that group done by March end, mobilise the military tonight.

Interesting to read the 14% stat.

If that is the real crux, it's doable soonish

Edited by sonyc

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I thought some of you might like to listen to this when you have some spare time. The ever excellent Tim Harford interviewing the brilliant Larry Brilliant. A few other episodes available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qz3p

I have run out of little hearts, you could have had a cup.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Annoying that they cannot update the vaccination scoreboard regularly.

Very, but we're talking about a Government that spent billions on a dysfunctional test, track and trace system that was running on  Excel spreadsheets - and unbelieveably that wasn't even the worst bit.

They were using a version of Excel that was 10 years out of date!!!

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

I thought some of you might like to listen to this when you have some spare time. The ever excellent Tim Harford interviewing the brilliant Larry Brilliant. A few other episodes available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qz3p

I heard this today early afternoon. I thought it was most informative on how they got rid of small pox and ring as opposed to mass vaccination. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

WHO now saying the one dose tactic is unsafe, 

I think that was explained by Chris Whitty yesterday, in an ideal world you would never change the dosing regime but in this case facing the scale of the pandemic in the UK decisions are being made based on the balance of risk and benefits.