Well b back

Come on Sarah

20 minutes ago, Well b back said:

You know me I find the links lol and where they are scientific you all translate them for me. The thing I find a bit worrying is 1st everything I have read says the various coronavirus’s mutate slowly, and like we say hopefully just a mutation that the vaccine can be altered to work. I hadn’t even taken a lot of notice, the thing I find a bit worrying is the order of play, WHO informed and involved, drastic actions, with nobody including the farmers objecting ( if that is wrong please feel free to correct me ) and Spain and the Netherlands ( I think it was the Netherlands ) immediately following suit with their mink farms.

What I heard somewhere is that the mutation does indeed alter the 'spikes' so may indeed negate some vaccines or immunity. However it will not negate all vaccines as they don't all target the same proteins.

Anyway - this is just 2nd hand info at present and may be wrong but it does explain the fast shut down of all Danish transport. Caution as usual.

7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

What I heard somewhere is that the mutation does indeed alter the 'spikes' so may indeed negate some vaccines or immunity. However it will not negate all vaccines as they don't all target the same proteins.

Anyway - this is just 2nd hand info at present and may be wrong but it does explain the fast shut down of all Danish transport. Caution as usual.

Spot on they haven’t even got the data yet.

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

The real spivs and hucksters are the pharmaceutical companies producing this so-called vaccine that no one knows whether it is either effective or safe to use.

And yet all you lefties have bought into the paranoia and mistruths that even Sage are releasing to the gullible public. Yet more great big con being perpetrated by big business. You've been played like the fools you are.

Just trying to discuss and understand a bit more about what’s going on RTB, I don’t see any fools on this thread, lots of different opinions which is what you would expect.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Just trying to discuss and understand a bit more about what’s going on RTB, I don’t see any fools on this thread, lots of different opinions which is what you would expect.👍

Lets keep it clean guys

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Interesting,  bad news on the face of it but  no cause for panic. 

If this gets breaks out of Denmark, and its a massive if,   none of those reports are saying that the difference in the one antigen is significant enough that the Oxford vaccine won't have any effect and what is more the reports are not saying  that other vaccine target antigens have changed at all.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

8 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Lets keep it clean guys

I agree - My overarching comment would be that we all have our own personal approach to Covid 19 risk - but the real question is what is best for the heath (and economy) of the overall country and the population at large.

What I can not ever agree too is endangering those more risk avert or vulnerable by others more lax attitude.

More being released

What comes next with the Pfizer vaccine?

1d86959e-536c-4ec3-b6e0-7f7a2c65bb8c.jpg

Michelle Roberts

Health editor, BBC News online

Pfizer CEO Dr Albert Bourla has said today's news (that their vaccine is 90% effective according to latest results) is "a great day for science and humanity" and a "significant step forward" for the world in the battle against the pandemic. 

The US company Pfizer and German manufacturer BioNtech now want to apply for emergency licensing so that the vaccine can start to be given to people in general public outside of trials, possibly before the end of the year. 

They still need to gather more safety and efficacy data before then and demonstrate to regulators that the vaccine can be made to necessary quality standards. 

If all goes to plan, the vaccine could be available soon, but stocks of the shot would need to be kept in ultra-cold storage - at around -80C - which is challenging. 

The UK government has already pre-ordered 30 million doses of the vaccine, which is given as two dose, a month apart. 

Initially, it would be given to some of the people at highest risk - frail, elderly patients and healthcare workers on the front line of the pandemic. 

The jab is an mRNA vaccine that uses genetic code from the pandemic virus to teach the body's immune system to recognise and fight the infection.

• Thanks 2

Great news from Pfizer

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Pfizer I believe just announced 90 % effective according to SKY.

Fantastic news.....😁😁

Edited by Van wink

12 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

The real spivs and hucksters are the pharmaceutical companies producing this so-called vaccine that no one knows whether it is either effective or safe to use.

And yet all you lefties have bought into the paranoia and mistruths that even Sage are releasing to the gullible public. Yet more great big con being perpetrated by big business. You've been played like the fools you are.

Everyone is a fool according to you though aren't they Rock The Boat? Everyone except for you. Someone else mentioned you seem to have little grace and perhaps, just perhaps, amongst all the various different views on all kinds of subjects, the poster may have hit upon something true.

Well done Well be back for ignoring and staying on with your important updates.

Does that mean we are no longer loonies lol

On a serious point seems they have applied for emergency use, but wonder if they are as far ahead as Oxford on U.K. regulation

Just now, Well b back said:

Does that mean we are no longer loonies lol

On a serious point seems they have applied for emergency use, but wonder if they are as far ahead as Oxford on U.K. regulation

Now being discussed on BBC2

This marks two very important and positive global events in the space of a week. 

• Like 1

Boris making a National announcement tonight. We only have 30 million doses initially guys and I assume we will need 2. If that’s right 15 million people

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This marks two very important and positive global events in the space of a week. 

Wouldn’t be surprised with a 3rd soon ie Oxford.

• Like 1

TJ your advice please.

BBC are saying they will now need emergency approval which they will commence. Do you think that’s just paper talk, surely they have been getting it approved as they have gone along like Oxford.

Not that much being reported that we didn’t already know but I will put some snippets in.

Their vaccine has been tested on 43,500 people in six countries - US, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa and Turkey - and no safety concerns have been raised.

The companies plan to apply for emergency approval to use the vaccine by the end of the month.

Seems the monkey experiment was the saving grace good job Oxford passed the info to all other producers. What a decision to try a second dose.

Two doses, three weeks apart, are needed. The trials show 90% protection is achieved seven days after the second dose.

The companies say they will have enough safety data by the third week of November to take their vaccine to regulators. Until then it is not possible for countries to begin their vaccination campaigns.

Bit of negative news, they don’t seem to have produced as much as AstraZeneca.

Pfizer believes it will be able to supply 50 million doses by the end of this year and around 1.3 billion by the end of 2021.

25 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Bit of negative news, they don’t seem to have produced as much as AstraZeneca.

Pfizer believes it will be able to supply 50 million doses by the end of this year and around 1.3 billion by the end of 2021.

Well 50 million is a good start.  Hopefully that's two vaccines in the next few weeks.

It is really just confirmation of what we have known on here for a while.

I know its wrong but I am kind of hoping that the Oxford vaccine is approved a day before at a similar efficacy...

50 minutes ago, Well b back said:

TJ your advice please.

BBC are saying they will now need emergency approval which they will commence. Do you think that’s just paper talk, surely they have been getting it approved as they have gone along like Oxford.

this is the interim report, basically there is a bit more exchange between the relevant companies involved in the trial which (hopefully) is a mere formality at this point. They also have several other trials due to complete which will provide even clearer evidence of how effective this vaccine is. Normally you have time to wait for such formalities as many of us young, healthy lot do but for the more vulnerable, it is clearly worth getting the vaccine out there.

I don't imagine the final report will be far off now. 👍

Just to remind people that now more than ever is the time to stay safe and hopefully next year we won't need to "learn to live with it" or "take it on the chin". It will take time for this to all be distributed and things to be brought back to normal but stay patient, keep informed from reliable sources (preferably primary sources) and enjoy what you can safely 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

this is the interim report, basically there is a bit more exchange between the relevant companies involved in the trial which (hopefully) is a mere formality at this point. They also have several other trials due to complete which will provide even clearer evidence of how effective this vaccine is. Normally you have time to wait for such formalities as many of us young, healthy lot do but for the more vulnerable, it is clearly worth getting the vaccine out there.

I don't imagine the final report will be far off now. 👍

Just to remind people that now more than ever is the time to stay safe and hopefully next year we won't need to "learn to live with it" or "take it on the chin". It will take time for this to all be distributed and things to be brought back to normal but stay patient, keep informed from reliable sources (preferably primary sources) and enjoy what you can safely 😊

Wise words indeed

20 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Well 50 million is a good start.  Hopefully that's two vaccines in the next few weeks.

It is really just confirmation of what we have known on here for a while.

I know its wrong but I am kind of hoping that the Oxford vaccine is approved a day before at a similar efficacy...

Hi BB

I always try to be very positive, but I feel this maybe 50 million worldwide ( 2 doses needed as well ) and although we have 30 million on order the US have many more. On a positive note I really have no idea how much and quick they can windup the manufacture.

I forget who put it on here but somebody mentioned last week Herefordshire nurses already being vaccinated, which ties in with this and the Midlands Today report that announced this 2 months ago, then was quickly taken down by the BBC.