Well b back

Come on Sarah

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

The changes in the law wef 16/10 that allow emergency authorisation of a vaccine ( not just Covid ) and the extra authority given to many more to be able to administer the vaccine. This sort of ties in again with what the woman from the QE was saying.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-measures-to-support-roll-out-of-vaccines-in-the-uk

WBB as I was told last month and we talked about all the time, good to see the government taking the lead and bypassing the regulatory bodies holding this vaccine back for possibly the wrong reasons...... funny how this announcement of the NHS key members and vulnerable starting to get the vaccine in December coincided with the US starting the Oxford vaccine back up!

Hope for normality next year now in sight, by summer next year some fun can be had by families and friends again.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Indy said:

WBB as I was told last month and we talked about all the time, good to see the government taking the lead and bypassing the regulatory bodies holding this vaccine back for possibly the wrong reasons...... funny how this announcement of the NHS key members and vulnerable starting to get the vaccine in December coincided with the US starting the Oxford vaccine back up!

Hope for normality next year now in sight, by summer next year some fun can be had by families and friends again.

Read the next thread

Morning all

Great News on the Vaccine.

The Daily mail are now backing up the stories from Midlands Today ( of course it’s an exclusive ) and assuming they are true we are no longer within months but days and weeks of launching the vaccine. It also backs up that Midlands Today report regards ( at least in the Midlands ) the NHS are now trained and ready.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8875931/Coronavirus-vaccine-weeks-NHS-workers.html

• Like 3

Fauci and the US are now I guess supporting this story by indicating results for a couple of vaccines could be out soon.

Morning all

Great News on the Vaccine.

The Daily mail are now backing up the stories from Midlands Today ( of course it’s an exclusive ) and assuming they are true we are no longer within months but days and weeks of launching the vaccine. It also backs up that Midlands Today report regards ( at least in the Midlands ) the NHS are now trained and ready.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8875931/Coronavirus-vaccine-weeks-NHS-workers.html

Anyone else get their latest Vaccine volunteer newsletter today ?. Looks like the mystery 3rd vaccine is Biotech Novax ?. With Oxford being so close I wonder it’s still 50/50 to get a placebo.

Where we were asked to find other volunteers was tempted to put that on The Corona Virus main thread, but thought better of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Anyone else get their latest Vaccine volunteer newsletter today ?. Looks like the mystery 3rd vaccine is Biotech Novax ?. With Oxford being so close I wonder it’s still 50/50 to get a placebo.

Where we were asked to find other volunteers was tempted to put that on The Corona Virus main thread, but thought better of it.

Yep 👍. My only reservation is whether it would stop me getting the Oxford vaccine if available, I’d have thought it must, at least there must be a pretty big gap till you could have it. If I’m contacted about joining an actual trial, I’ll ask the question 😀.

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yep 👍. My only reservation is whether it would stop me getting the Oxford vaccine if available, I’d have thought it must, at least there must be a pretty big gap till you could have it. If I’m contacted about joining an actual trial, I’ll ask the question 😀.

Same here. Seems a bit strange somebody who is far more in the know than us mere mortals has had the Novax jab. I have read between the lines and made assumptions ( in life you should never make assumptions lol ) that you can’t have more than 1 jab as they wouldn’t have been tested together and may therefore have an unexpected reaction but I have no idea.

Following on from that did you see the news tonight it was going back to Oxford will protect you from the serious effects and not stop you getting it. I thought that a bit strange as I thought Oxford phase 2 results that had just been released thought it likely to offer full protection. 

And again we’re getting the fringe scientists who want their 5 minutes of fame stating their view without really any substance. The Oxford vaccine preliminary results show its effective in all age groups but could require annual injections. So why we’re getting these guys saying such negative press bemuses me! Surely we need some better uplifting news than trash like this without any substance.

Its hard enough for the general public at present to comply we need to see more good news stories that are truthful.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Indy said:

And again we’re getting the fringe scientists who want their 5 minutes of fame stating their view without really any substance. The Oxford vaccine preliminary results show its effective in all age groups but could require annual injections. So why we’re getting these guys saying such negative press bemuses me! Surely we need some better uplifting news than trash like this without any substance.

Its hard enough for the general public at present to comply we need to see more good news stories that are truthful.

I know yesterday ( can’t remember if it was itv or bbc ) they had managed to interpret you will need 2 injections 28 days apart, the first will keep the serious effects away the 2 nd will likely keep the disease away, to, You will need multiple boosters each year and it wont protect you from getting it just protect you from the serious effects. 

7 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

France and Germany going into severe lockdown, we won’t be far behind 

Yes vaccine becoming more urgent by the day.

22 hours ago, Well b back said:

Yes vaccine becoming more urgent by the day.

Looks like Pfizer is being rushed through too! Might see two types of vaccine pre Christmas.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Indy said:

Looks like Pfizer is being rushed through too! Might see two types of vaccine pre Christmas.

I think this has been the case for a while now.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Wow

Thanks for posting that, at least we know we are on the verge of a vaccine, all over 50’s by Easter, in the scheme of things that’s good.

I think again they live in another world, that age group I guess will have at least 90% uptake, higher over 65, reducing under 65. 
The rest may or may not then matter ie can you be re infected, will there be treatments.

It does show that 95% of the info we managed to get on here is correct.

But to give this information in a public sideshow for money - wow

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Wow

Thanks for posting that, at least we know we are on the verge of a vaccine, all over 50’s by Easter, in the scheme of things that’s good.

I think again they live in another world, that age group I guess will have at least 90% uptake, higher over 65, reducing under 65. 
The rest may or may not then matter ie can you be re infected, will there be treatments.

It does show that 95% of the info we managed to get on here is correct.

But to give this information in a public sideshow for money - wow

Massive profits are afoot. But you're bang on with the wider message for the rest of us, it means a route to more freedom.

A relative who works in the NHS in Hereford is getting the first of the two jabs in December.  They have not been told it is as part of a clinical trial.

No covid jab without first having the flu jab.

• Thanks 2

Interesting that they know they're getting this jab already without the paper being released... Wish the news on approval would hurry the hell up!

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Interesting that they know they're getting this jab already without the paper being released... Wish the news on approval would hurry the hell up!

It’s strange as my mate who’s involved was told by his boss a month ago to keep quiet on things! Almost as if pressure was being applied, before that was free to tell us any update! 
It’s all gone very political now, almost total 180 from the transparency we had at the beginning. I wonder if each country will use their vaccines to bargain their massive debts!

Just me thinking this not anything I’ve been told just to be clear! 

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s strange as my mate who’s involved was told by his boss a month ago to keep quiet on things! Almost as if pressure was being applied, before that was free to tell us any update! 
It’s all gone very political now, almost total 180 from the transparency we had at the beginning. I wonder if each country will use their vaccines to bargain their massive debts!

Just me thinking this not anything I’ve been told just to be clear! 

probably waiting for the election to be done first!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

A relative who works in the NHS in Hereford is getting the first of the two jabs in December.  They have not been told it is as part of a clinical trial.

No covid jab without first having the flu jab.

Thanks for that.

If you remember back everyone that’s exactly what the Midlands Today report said other than the month, that the vaccine would be Herefordshire and Staffordshire first. There is talk of a Novax trial up here in Birmingham, but I fitted the profile for that so as I am on the NHS register so quite surprised I wasn’t approached if that is the case.
I appreciate the Goverment not wanting to give promises about the vaccine, but if it has been given emergency approval or they are going to offer it to those that are happy to have it ( can’t imagine most of us over 60s would turn it down ), then i am sort of surprised he hasn’t said we are locking down to contain it as we need to slow it down to make a vaccine in the new year effective.

TJ - I find a new trial strange at this time, not because one has begun, but I understood Oxford were part of the human challenge in January. Maybe Oxford and Pfizer are using the word trial to get the initial roll out done ?

I pray everyday for the vaccine to arrive.

• Like 1

Forgot to say yes flu jab first seems to fit the profile of the odd snippet released by Oxford and Pfizer, Oxford via those slides.

14 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Thanks for that.

If you remember back everyone that’s exactly what the Midlands Today report said other than the month, that the vaccine would be Herefordshire and Staffordshire first. There is talk of a Novax trial up here in Birmingham, but I fitted the profile for that so as I am on the NHS register so quite surprised I wasn’t approached if that is the case.
I appreciate the Goverment not wanting to give promises about the vaccine, but if it has been given emergency approval or they are going to offer it to those that are happy to have it ( can’t imagine most of us over 60s would turn it down ), then i am sort of surprised he hasn’t said we are locking down to contain it as we need to slow it down to make a vaccine in the new year effective.

TJ - I find a new trial strange at this time, not because one has begun, but I understood Oxford were part of the human challenge in January. Maybe Oxford and Pfizer are using the word trial to get the initial roll out done ?

I pray everyday for the vaccine to arrive.

Yes good points WBB.

Stepping back, it's clearly a bit disappointing to have no vaccine roll-out news as yet on Oxford, given it seems to me from the phase 3 trial they should have results ready to release by now.

Thinking about reasons for the delay, I wonder if they've been told to check it in absolute full detail before anything is released - if they say anything positive about a vaccine and have to backtrack, that would be hugely damaging.  Also, there is a risk that a vaccine announcement makes people slacken off, so maybe having a few weeks of lockdown first would get us to a place where it's then announced & sold as an exit strategy from lockdown and helps people persevere with the restrictions a bit longer.  I'd like to think this is a sensible strategy but my faith in the ability of the Government to plan things this way is pretty limited !

On the negative side, maybe the results aren't looking great in terms of practical benefit of the vaccine and they're checking to see if it is beneficial enough to be worth using or will have to be binned.

Unfortunately I've no way to tell which it is !

A little snippet of Tony Blair, which I appreciate the scientists are you can’t give people a vaccine without full safety results, but if they know it works, give us the choice, I judge my own risk factor with my own decisions and would happily take it, class me as part of the trial with a guarantee of no placebo.

By the way think it’s the 1st thing I have ever agreed with that Blair has said.

The UK should be looking at accelerating the deployment of possible Covid vaccines and therapeutic drugs to more people during the November lockdown period, says Tony Blair.

Not to forget, stocks need to be compiled and that’s why the flu vaccine is being pushed so hard. It’s a big part of the problem is local storage.

I’m totally confused to where each vaccine is with regards to the trials, as far as I was told last month most if not all the data required to get it approved was available, with all age groups covered with trail numbers needed.

I fully appreciate more trails for other countries might be down to individual bodies representing that country, but just find it strange to where we actually are.

Lastly I’m sure if the government rolled out his plan some people would see it as a license to break the rules now coming in place. Makes you think this next 28 days might be hen the vaccines are distributed to each area and could see restrictions lifted along with a limited vaccination program. Just assuming!

Edited by Indy

9 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes good points WBB.

Stepping back, it's clearly a bit disappointing to have no vaccine roll-out news as yet on Oxford, given it seems to me from the phase 3 trial they should have results ready to release by now.

Thinking about reasons for the delay, I wonder if they've been told to check it in absolute full detail before anything is released - if they say anything positive about a vaccine and have to backtrack, that would be hugely damaging.  Also, there is a risk that a vaccine announcement makes people slacken off, so maybe having a few weeks of lockdown first would get us to a place where it's then announced & sold as an exit strategy from lockdown and helps people persevere with the restrictions a bit longer.  I'd like to think this is a sensible strategy but my faith in the ability of the Government to plan things this way is pretty limited !

On the negative side, maybe the results aren't looking great in terms of practical benefit of the vaccine and they're checking to see if it is beneficial enough to be worth using or will have to be binned.

Unfortunately I've no way to tell which it is !

Assuming results say one of Pfizer or Oxford at least stop the serious developments in COVID put me on a trial and guarantee me no placebo.

But like you say it’s to quiet.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not to forget, stocks need to be compiled and that’s why the flu vaccine is being pushed so hard. It’s a big part of the problem is local storage.

I’m totally confused to where each vaccine is with regards to the trials, as far as I was told last month most if not all the data required to get it approved was available, with all age groups covered with trail numbers needed.

I fully appreciate more trails for other countries might be down to individual bodies representing that country, but just find it strange to where we actually are.

Lastly I’m sure if the government rolled out his plan some people would see it as a license to break the rules now coming in place. Makes you think this next 28 days might be hen the vaccines are distributed to each area and could see restrictions lifted along with a limited vaccination program. Just assuming!

It would all make sense, but likewise if it didn’t work it would make sense to say we were hoping to roll out a vaccine In November/ December and unfortunately that can’t happen until The New Year so we are having to slow the virus with a one month circuit breaker, again a way out for him.

Evening all

After our discussion this morning, a sentence from the PMS statement to parliament, took away 90% of our negative thoughts. We must also remember we have already established that the dates given by those in authority is the mass roll out so hopefully for some hope is now back to pre Christmas. As the song goes ‘ All I want for Christmas is my 2 Vaccine Jabs ‘.

We have the real prospect of a vaccine in the first quarter of next year.

• Like 1