Well b back

Come on Sarah

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Reports from all over the world are saying Russia will begin vaccinations in October 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53621708

On the one hand that appears to be bad news for us as they don’t look like they are going to share it with the West. On the other hand a couple of the American outlets are reporting this is the Oxford vaccine.

They didn't get caught hacking  then!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

They didn't get caught hacking  then!

Wouldn’t be shocked if whatever vaccine it is Human Challenge was used. 
If it is Oxfords then I wonder if it makes it even closer to getting licensed.

On 01/08/2020 at 18:24, Well b back said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if whatever vaccine it is Human Challenge was used. 
If it is Oxfords then I wonder if it makes it even closer to getting licensed.

It is no doubt based or exactly the Oxford vaccine, the hacking story was overreaction by those who want their fame, as numerous labs around the world have had an open findings policy to ensure knowledge is shared.

What must be remembered Russian testing will be more of a you will be involved not would you like to be involved and the high numbers of infections there makes it easier to do phase three testing!

Lastly as here it’s not going to be used till October as even the Russian are not willing to risk any long term risk by the vaccine and as they are mass producing it, they are still processing the results.

No bad thing as the data will be good info to the rest of the labs round the world.

4 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

If there is not widespread hacking attempts I would be very surprised

I’m not saying there wasn’t, but as information is supposed to be being shared it appears to be another sensationalising of a no story really.

12 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Who among us would be happy to be first to be vaccinated and who would want to wait a bit until more results are known?

I would imagine front line workers who’ve seen the serious consequences of the virus would, then those who they are related to and heard it first hand, this over 70 with serious other conditions might say yes please before a second wave?

I certainly will, as I do fly jabs.

56 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Who among us would be happy to be first to be vaccinated and who would want to wait a bit until more results are known?

I've read enough about the Oxford vaccine that I'd be happy enough to take the hit tomorrow if it meant knocking this way of life on the head.

Would rather "take my chances" with that than contacting corona even if it likely wouldn't heavily damage me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I've read enough about the Oxford vaccine that I'd be happy enough to take the hit tomorrow if it meant knocking this way of life on the head.

Would rather "take my chances" with that than contacting corona even if it likely wouldn't heavily damage me.

Have you signed up for the NHS testing programme ? I have, waiting to hear back. I think the link is on here if it isn’t I’ll post it again.

9 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Whoops meant to agree as well.

I am 60 shortly and a type 2 diabetic. Like yourself I would happily take as the risk in my opinion actually seems less. Read the link I am about to post however, which shows if the anti vax people get in the way social distancing ect could be around for a number of years yet.

already signed up.

I suspect the anti vaxxers think its a hoax anyway so they'll have to tough it out in a non socially distanced world while the rest of us safely get back to normal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

already signed up.

I suspect the anti vaxxers think its a hoax anyway so they'll have to tough it out in a non socially distanced world while the rest of us safely get back to normal.

If only it worked like that.

Everyone who refuses a jab is a potential carrier to those for whom the vaccine will not work. And as far as i know although we all have hopes and expectations there is no solid evidence that the vaccine will work in the over 55s 

Hopefully it won't take much to get to the critical level so herd immunity can be achieved regardless of the anti vaxxers but its not ideal

30 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

If only it worked like that.

Everyone who refuses a jab is a potential carrier to those for whom the vaccine will not work. And as far as i know although we all have hopes and expectations there is no solid evidence that the vaccine will work in the over 55s 

Hopefully it won't take much to get to the critical level so herd immunity can be achieved regardless of the anti vaxxers but its not ideal

this is true sadly. Hopefully that last bit is true. At least those of us that can cope with a vaccine and it does work can get back to normal without worrying about killing anyone. Id imagine when push comes to shove, there will be less anti vaxxers then we'd think.

On 01/08/2020 at 14:41, CANARYKING said:

Sarah is on tv Monday Channel 4 at nine pm “ The race against the virus : the hunt for a vaccine “ 

Reminder

I know it’s Trump and his words cannot normally be trusted but he has stated he believes a vaccine will be ready long before the end of the year. Now here’s what has made me think this time may have a little more truth. He has quoted Moderna and Pfizer, but not Oxford, but what is then strange is he says we will probably need 2 doses. Isn’t that the one thing we know about the Oxford vaccine ? and Moderna in particular seems to work with one dose. His comments actually seem to coincide with what we have been hearing from the world news about Oxford.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/03/trump-says-us-may-have-coronavirus-vaccine-far-in-advance-of-end-of-the-year.html

• Like 1

Wow. All we hear about is the deaths. This report has many catching it as developing serious kidney problems and also gives a good reason why many more African / Caribbean’s are dieing.

Oh I do hope this is right, but I must say most of the stuff reported on here from the NY times has been pretty much spot on. You will note one vaccine has now moved to limited approval, that is of course the Chinese vaccine. I noticed AstraZeneca vaccine had an update today, that update as you will see says ‘ possible approval for limited use October ‘ then it goes on to say millions of doses are now ready for trials ? Is that for the limited approval ?. This of course ties in with the Indian report we saw about a week ago. Could it really be October ? Does tie in as well with Trumps speech on Monday.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

• Like 1

On 03/08/2020 at 19:12, Van wink said:

Thanks CK, had forgotten about that 👍

I missed her. What did she say ? Been trying to find it online.

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I missed her. What did she say ? Been trying to find it online.

Nothing new, I was disappointed with the program which was mainly a long look backwards.

13 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Nothing new, I was disappointed with the program which was mainly a long look backwards.

Thanks

They seem to be very secretive at the moment, whereas the press outside the U.K. seems to have a different take. Have you seen the NY Times piece I posted ? Somebody must be telling them this ? And most of the stuff from them so far has proved spot on.

Wow it looks like Moderna are out to rip the whole world off, no wonder we haven’t bought this in advance, it’s 10 x more expensive than Oxford. This is a big kick in the ***** for Trump as he gave them a billion dollars - whoops

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/08/06/899869278/prices-for-covid-19-vaccines-are-starting-to-come-into-focus?t=1596761565404

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Firstly the good news, if the Goverment are using MORI polls then they must be planning for a launch of the vaccine. Bad news is the results of the polls show the difference between the young and the old.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/latest-on-coronavirus-outbreak/only-half-of-brits-will-get-covid-19-vaccine/1936335

Good news though is that the young are building up their own immunity in the crowded pubs, protests and beaches....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Good news though is that the young are building up their own immunity in the crowded pubs, protests and beaches....

Just wish they would hang on a bit longer till us oldies have the jab lol