Well b back

Come on Sarah

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

For those interested some very interests tweets on the Jenner site.

Going by the one about face masks, why the hell is it not compulsory to wear masks everywhere let alone in the U.K. ?.

https://twitter.com/UniofOxford

Never been any doubt about the benefits of face coverings imo WBB, it’s pretty basic communicable disease stuff, have to say from my experience the message really is getting through, but others report differently.Should have been compulsory a long while ago.

Edited by Van wink

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Never been any doubt about the benefits of face coverings imo WBB, it’s pretty basic communicable disease stuff, have to say from my experience the message really is getting through, but others report differently.Should have been compulsory a long while ago.

Agreed

We said this thread wouldn’t get political but Oxford are working with the Government so I cannot believe they have not been shown this report / evidence. Why are the government just ignoring this ? Or in a months time are we going to get told there is evidence emerging that wearing face masks is beneficial, no wonder Asia is far ahead of the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Agreed

We said this thread wouldn’t get political but Oxford are working with the Government so I cannot believe they have not been shown this report / evidence. Why are the government just ignoring this ? Or in a months time are we going to get told there is evidence emerging that wearing face masks is beneficial, no wonder Asia is far ahead of the rest of the world.

you've lost me on this one.  Masks are compulsory in shops and public transport so someone is clearly listening. 

my take is that masks are part of a mix of measures. But handwashing and staying apart is what really counts.

9 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

you've lost me on this one.  Masks are compulsory in shops and public transport so someone is clearly listening. 

my take is that masks are part of a mix of measures. But handwashing and staying apart is what really counts.

Staying apart is the one we all want to do away with though... if we can get enough other countermeasures that work like the vaccine, masks, better hygiene etc. then we can get on with our normal lives again.

48 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Hi

Have a look at the Oxford Tweets, reports and experiments. I really don’t want this thread to get political but some of the things mentioned are deeply concerning and very critical.

43 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Staying apart is the one we all want to do away with though... if we can get enough other countermeasures that work like the vaccine, masks, better hygiene etc. then we can get on with our normal lives again.

Hi Tettey

We all look forward to that day. Personally I think the day is getting close we just need to do everything possible to get to that stage without a bigger disaster than we had from March until June. Those Jenner stats from the day the message changed at the beginning of June are very concerning. 

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi Tettey

We all look forward to that day. Personally I think the day is getting close we just need to do everything possible to get to that stage without a bigger disaster than we had from March until June. Those Jenner stats from the day the message changed at the beginning of June are very concerning. 

you'd think that it would be at Sweden levels at worse, they seem to have stemmed the flow looking at the latest data and they have basically left their citizens to it. I know they've let themselves have a bigger hit than their comparable neighbours but it is still promising that they seem to have managed to flatten the curve without really trying. It suggests that just basic measures really do go a long way to stemming the flow.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

you'd think that it would be at Sweden levels at worse, they seem to have stemmed the flow looking at the latest data and they have basically left their citizens to it. I know they've let themselves have a bigger hit than their comparable neighbours but it is still promising that they seem to have managed to flatten the curve without really trying. It suggests that just basic measures really do go a long way to stemming the flow.

That’s interesting as that is the governments take. Their reports ( Oxford ) and data say it is going up every day. There is a pub around here in Stone where it is believed most people in that pub the Saturday before last caught it. Very worrying.

According to Sky News the UK government has signed a deal with GSK/sanofi for a fourth vaccine with 60m doses. It’s got to make sense to cover the bases with multiple vaccines like this.

Surprised to see it in the mainstream media before it’s been reported here 😂😂😂!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

According to Sky News the UK government has signed a deal with GSK/sanofi for a fourth vaccine with 60m doses. It’s got to make sense to cover the bases with multiple vaccines like this.

Surprised to see it in the mainstream media before it’s been reported here 😂😂😂!

BBC are now reporting to lol. I have been called into the office and warned about my future conduct as allowing the mainstream to report before us is just not acceptable.

I suppose though joking aside that now the mainstream are reporting that quick they are beginning to believe it really is going to happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53577637

It’s beginning to look like the Oxford figures are correct and numbers are increasing. Come on Sarah, the vaccine is required urgently now.

I’m afraid the numbers are going up, North Norfolk is on the increase, and having been to the coast today it’s pretty obvious why. 

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I’m afraid the numbers are going up, North Norfolk is on the increase, and having been to the coast today it’s pretty obvious why. 

I think it is the same everywhere, hence the rise in most countries.

I know that a few weeks ago, I was so careful to wipe my hands and car handle etc with an anti-bac wipe after I had been to Tescos but now have stopped doing it. Stupid really, considering that they used to sanitise all the trolley handles and now they have stopped doing that...............not sure what the answer is but we don't seem very good at learning and persisting  😞

48 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

I know that a few weeks ago, I was so careful to wipe my hands and car handle etc with an anti-bac wipe after I had been to Tescos but now have stopped doing it. Stupid really, considering that they used to sanitise all the trolley handles and now they have stopped doing that...............not sure what the answer is but we don't seem very good at learning and persisting  😞

Its normal to go back to what we are used to. Just for info it appears there is a small outbreak in Norwich, does concentrate the mind when it comes near to home.

3 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

Welcome back Mark Y.

Not one of us is as diligent as we were in March or April that is for sure.

• Like 1

Manchester, West Yorkshire parts of Lancashire now locked back down.

Where we live near Walsall we could see Sandwell, West Bromwich and a place called Stone locked down soon. The Stone incident was a pub that allowed 100’s of mainly young people from all around ( Stoke, Stafford, Lichfield to name but a few ) to drink in a fairly confined space. It seems one person had it and it has passed to many different areas. Of course the pub did not keep records of most who attended.

Now we always say this should not get Political but those that read this thread regular will recall a few days ago quotes coming from Oxford saying the moment the government changed the message from stay home save lives the virus has been on the increase. Once again I find myself asking if a group that works with the Government knew all this, why are the government in denial.

Wow. This article seems to suggest the Oxford vaccine will be approved for emergency use in September. First time I have seen an article so confident that a vaccine will be ready 4th quarter 2020 to 1st quarter 2021. The 4 that this article indicates will be first are the ones the U.K. have bought.

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/pharmaceuticals-and-medical-products/our-insights/on-pins-and-needles-will-covid-19-vaccines-save-the-world#

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Van wink said:

Its normal to go back to what we are used to. Just for info it appears there is a small outbreak in Norwich, does concentrate the mind when it comes near to home.

I'm sure it does VW.

I'm actually down South, just outside Portsmouth.

My sister-in-law works in the big hospital down here and says that at the moment, it is pretty quiet in there so fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, sonyc said:

They should just re-locate in the North Wbb!

Still concerns me that Oxford have been quoting the same figures as were quoted today for the last 2 weeks. Be interesting on Monday to see if Oxfords weekly figures are worst than what we are getting told. Withey and co looked in a bit of panic for the first time this morning.

Sarah is on tv Monday Channel 4 at nine pm “ The race against the virus : the hunt for a vaccine “ 

• Like 1