Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

-Does anyone really think we'll see WLY again??!!??

Sorry but just as every cloud has a silver lining, so every good thing has a downside.  I am really pleased with today''s signings even though my reservations about the quality of the coaching and Worthy''s managerial abilities remain.  Quality will out and all todays signings are quality in different ways.  There are finally some things to be optimistic about.

There are lots of other threads about Earnie and lineups but one thing seems obvious to me.  This is the end of WLY.

Earnie will play.  There are very few of you who think Earnie and WLY will be picked together and I agree,  They would be a scarily skilful and pacy duo but unrealistically short especially for a manager who likes a big striker in the team.  So, if Earnie teams up with Thorne or Johansson then where does WLY play?

Many people have suggested right midfield.  Personally I think he would do well there and really would bring something special to the team but I am not the manager.

Does anyone really think that Worthy (who clearly has little respect or liking for WLY despite the fact that he did more than anyone to win Worthy the much celebrated MOM award) will pick him over Hughes or even Jarrett?

Safri is a certainty in everyone''s book and Hucks is rightly first choice on the left so that leaves Etuhu, Robinson, Hughes and Jarrett to be accomodated.  In my view, Worthy will always pick one of the first three over WLY in midfield.  Then of course we have Johansson as a competent right winger, Charlie seems flavour of the month and Rehman plays centre midfield and even Henderson may be more likely to get a game on the right than the wee man.

I feel that WLY should play...whether up front or in the hole and at right wing at a pinch but tonight he has been substituted and I think that is it.  A few cameos as sub and a Bosman in the summer.

And don''t tell me he doesn''t turn it on often enough.  He has good spells when the crowd are with him and he believes in himself.  I feel that he is someone who responds to praise rather than criticism and when have you ever heard Worthy praise him? Even the recent contract story has Worthy saying WLY had to prove he is worth a contract.  The guy helped save your job for heaven''s sake.

Enjoy WLY while you can because I fear the canary version is now a seriously endangered species.

I don''t which is a real shame that Boy can play - personally I thought he''d be taken off at half time!!

As for the contract thing I mean the guy''s played 200 games for the club and Worthy can''t make up his mind oh dear

Having slept on this and seen other threads today, I''m even more convinced that this analysis is right.

Actually, having thought further, I can''t even say that it would be in WLY''s interests to stay.  He ought to go somewhere where he can thrive and get goals and glory.  That is never going to happen at FCR under Worthy.-

I hope we do see him again as he''s definitely a favourite of mine and I think he could definitely do a job on the right side of midfield.

There are other factors to consider -

He flits in and out of games and you can only afford 1 luxury player in the team to do that - the manager has decided that player is Hucks.

He was clearly not interested and unfit last season and his body language on the lap of ''honour'' after the final home game pretty much emphasised that.Whatever you may think of Worthy , these things do not sit well with him (rightly so) and in the back of his mind he must be thinking ''if I give this boy another contract will he do the same again?''

He went on the transfer list at his own request at the end of last season and no one was interested in him.Probably due to his size which, whether right or wrong ,is a huge factor to managers these days.I fear that if WLY is not offered the new deal by City , he will end up the same way as his great mate (and total waste of talent) has - warming the Cardiff bench for the first 6 months of the season.

My personal view is that WLY should be pushing Huckerby all the way on the left. Huckerby is a luxury and one we can not always afford. In my opinion Hux is a sock beater where as WLY has a little bit of class and more of a team ethic.

We''ll see

He only "flits in and out of games" because we are incapable of keeping the ball, passing it to feet and moving in to space.

You try playing up front in a team like that!

[quote user="Mook"]

He only "flits in and out of games" because we are incapable of keeping the ball, passing it to feet and moving in to space.

You try playing up front in a team like that!

[/quote]

totally agree mook.  he even had a quiet game against watford when we were playing hoofball, unyet still won the penalty and scored it.

he is so good with the ball at his feat, he is neat and tidy, his link-up play is unmatched at the club, he always finds his man, his short passing is exceptional, he has flicks and tricks and he can score.  plus the added bonus he can play in the hole and left wing.  and he will leave on a free..... he is arguably the best *footballer* at the club.

Probably only coming off the bench! If we play three front men, it looks like Hux, Earnie and Johansson, and there is a certain balance there, in terms of pace. As somebody else pointed out, how does Mckenzie break in?It is diffcult to see us playing three men up front, and then Johansson as a wide midfielder. The midfield is already lacking in number and ability and to play Johansson there would mean only two effective midfielders - Safri and who?He may have a run in the event of injury or suspension.It may be heresy to even ask, but doee McV at the moment contribute any less than Hux in his current form?

I would like to see McVeigh get a new contract, it goes without saying. He''s a great player but needs to stay motivated to get the best out of him, much like Hucks. I''d like to see him stay not least because he seems to be the only player in our side who can take a penalty convincingly.

[quote user="Salopian"]Probably only coming off the bench! If we play three front men, it looks like Hux, Earnie and Johansson, and there is a certain balance there, in terms of pace. As somebody else pointed out, how does Mckenzie break in?

It is diffcult to see us playing three men up front, and then Johansson as a wide midfielder. The midfield is already lacking in number and ability and to play Johansson there would mean only two effective midfielders - Safri and who?

He may have a run in the event of injury or suspension.

It may be heresy to even ask, but doee McV at the moment contribute any less than Hux in his current form?
[/quote]

our record with him in the team is FAR better than our record without him..... and if hucks did get injured we wouldnt have a left midfielder at the club with no mcveigh

To me, McV is one of the few players that deserves the Norwich shirt. We also have Hucks, Safri & Green. They''re players who play the way the fans like to watch Norwich play. Really not sure about Hughes, Jarret etc. More like cart-horses.