Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

What A Night.

Nine years ago this evening 1p5wich 1 Norwich City 5. Total humiliation for the Scum in their own backyard and a night i will never forget.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

I honestly believe that was the night when we became a bigger club than Ipswich. Prior to that they had seemed to have more pedigree even if we had many areas to be proud of. Since that night, success, development, and climbing the football tree has been in our direction. We are now at a different level in almost every sense.

Of course it can change again very rapidly, so we cannot be complacent or smug. 

A Thursday night wasn’t it? An odd day, time and the only game on that night, yet we weren’t on any TV channel!

Couldnt get a ticket for the game so went to Carrow Rd for the beam back. Great atmosphere and one moment that I still remember so vividly is the 2nd goal and everyone in the ground wondering what had happened and if the ball had actually gone in or not.

The Holty picture sums the night up perfectly

What a night indeed

Great to hear Holtys comments that he prefers his hat trick against the binners to scoring at Anfield. Legend.

11 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Great to hear Holtys comments that he prefers his hat trick against the binners to scoring at Anfield. Legend.

It was me that asked the question 😄👍🏻

• Like 1

It was an amazing night. I just stood staring at the scoreboard at the end. Determined to remember how it felt. I will never forget.

The beam-back was brilliant - we were down in the Barclay and my mate came back from the bar with 6 pints in plastic glasses just as Surman scored the first - he and all 6 pints went straight up in the air. Handed him some more cash and back to the bar he went.

Was a great night all round - few beers al fresco after work as the Easter break, and ribs and a few more in Yellows. Incredible atmosphere in Norwich after - think i ended up in a foam party!

I drove from Watford to Carrow Road just to watch the beamback. I managed to get a ticket in the River End. Not sure how many drinks I wasted or were thrown in the air every time we scored. Everyone was soaked at the end but no one cared. Probably one of my lifetime highlights.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

I drove from Watford to Carrow Road just to watch the beamback. I managed to get a ticket in the River End. Not sure how many drinks I wasted or were thrown in the air every time we scored. Everyone was soaked at the end but no one cared. Probably one of my lifetime highlights.

Where do you live? I asked you on another thread but you didn't reply :classic_sad: Not stalking, just curious as I grew up in Croxley and Watford.