Yes, to the first part anyway.

1. Don't attempt it on yourself, unless you have a degree of expertise.

2. Ask anybody else you share with to perform the tax, even if they are unqualified.

3. They will likely make a poor job of it, but not nearly as much as you would in attempting it.

4.Wet hair first, cut through scissors as many barbers do. This keeps it even at least (I think.)

OR: 

https://www.easylifegroup.com/product/hair-cutting-comb/5940?utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=AAWG3W&sourcecode=AAWG3W&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjwkPX0BRBKEiwA7THxiGE5Tfwz9GHSikgYHdG6H_f2wo82D9rFQXBEipmv3gwMwBikDFPufhoCoHwQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAjwkPX0BRBKEiwA7THxiGE5Tfwz9GHSikgYHdG6H_f2wo82D9rFQXBEipmv3gwMwBikDFPufhoCoHwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&awc=6396_1587378350_3cb7f3547a4f39ebc9dc4222abdaf53f

Edited by BroadstairsR

It takes practice and failure. If you're ok with those two things for a while then clip the back and sides and scissors on top.

I taught myself during university and can do it pretty much perfectly now, so if you have a spare 8 years..  

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Take your glasses off before you start.

And certainly DON'T put them back on when you've  finished.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

It takes practice and failure. If you're ok with those two things for a while then clip the back and sides and scissors on top.

I taught myself during university and can do it pretty much perfectly now, so if you have a spare 8 years..  

You spent 8 years at university? Bleddy hell  ! Are you a brain surgeons brain surgeon?

1. Buy a pudding basin or other large vessel

2. Place basin upside down (this is important) on head

3  Taking a pair of scissors cut off any visible hair

4. Job done. Tip the barber. 

Removing the pudding basin is optional. 

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Haha 1

Let it grow, man

A few beads and patchouli oil and you will soon be at peace.....................

.....................err, man

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Let it grow, man

A few beads and patchouli oil and you will soon be at peace.....................

.....................err, man

Just hide yours under a flowerpot City1st.

I have terrible hair. Mousy coloured, a large crown at the back and one at the front, it sticks out naturally around the back right hand side and its much more thin on my right temple than my left for some reason. No hair dresser in the world could make my hair look good, so for the last year or so I've just cut it myself with clippers, so this has made no difference for me. 

Both my grandfathers went bald in their 40's though so as awful as my hair is I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts 😄

I find my tinfoil hat a good template for cutting my hair. 

Edited by City fan
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Being married to a hairdresser has its benefits!

Off the top of my head, would they be fringe benefits?....

A week before lockdown, which was the beginning of March where I am, I needed a haircut. I decided to put it off for a week, which doesn't seem like the wisest of moves in hindsight. I was then left with the choice of basically shaving most of it off and going with shorter hair than I've ever had before or letting it grow for at least two more months and having longer hair than I've had for a decade. I opted for the latter, and despite being told a few times that longer hair suits me, I can't wait until the hairdresser reopens (pencilled in for late May) so I can get it dealt with.

6 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Only Strummer could carry that off though!

Yep, it’s never quite looked the same on me ☹️

Lacking proper hair clippers, I used my beard trimmer to do the back and sides of my hair (myself).

I have since started wearing caps.

I've shaved my head to the bone and manufactured myself a bacofoil (although other aluminium cooking foils are available) skull-cap helmet, so as I'm protected from the future exposure dangers of oxygen depleting & blood boiling 5g radiation......It mega hertz apparently?......I also read on t'internet that you have to also wear tight lead (soft metal) budgie smugglin' underpants....Otherwise Chernobyl fall out.....

Event 201, dangerous vaccines, humans microchipped.....beware Bill Gates!.....🤓 😈 💀☠️👽👎

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Looks like I made the right decision then.

I would have loved to have your dilemma - I’ve been balding since I was about 15 so growing it long wasn’t an option!