Sign in to follow this  
Bill

1918 flu - 50-100 million killed

3 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

That's not what your original post said though.

Your intention was clearly to directly compare Covid-19 with the Spanish Flu pandemic when you have no idea of transmission rates etc. 

Feel free to crown yourself "King Tea Leaf Gazer"

The irony is that I thought that we had reached a consensus that the figures were unreliable - the very opposite of being "palmists, fortune tellers and horoscope writers"

Rather than making predictions we were pointing to the difficulty in doing so.

This sould bring it back on track

it addresses the questions of how does a virus spread from one species to another and ;how does that virus further adapt to spread from one human to another ?'

it was what I had origibally intended to post in the OP, but either 404 or my own incompetence caused it's ommission

the chap in a blue shirt speak from 4.02 - 1109 is what I wanted to be the discussion point

however he does raise as many concerns as he does add clarification

Edited by Bill

"This disease is very weird, the way it has a very different presentation in the population in different people – what we are showing is that isn’t random,” Spector said. “It is not mainly due to where you live or who you have seen; a lot of it is something innate about you.

“I think you can say that your likelihood of getting it at all, or getting it severely, is under some genetic control.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/study-of-twins-reveals-genetic-effect-on-covid-19-symptoms