Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Louis-Jean

What is the deal with him, does he still actually play for us as there has been nothing on any website from either him or the club, and if he is injured what is wrong with him? If any one can fill me it would be very much appreciated.

surely he must be injured?i dont know, but colin has been awful, still young but terrible, surely if fit worthy would have played him, if he was fit?not sure he will be much better when fit, but anything to get colin to sort himself out a bit.

Not too sure- really frustrating this one,always seems to be out for the next month whenever mentioned.

Was exicited when we signed him - and asked a good mate of mine (Forest fan) about him - he said - good player but very injury prone!

Every week, in the EDP, he''s listed as still being injured. Last week I think they said he was a month away from being fit.Now we have Rehman, perhaps Flem can play right-back (he''s been good there before) with Rehman at centre-back (he can play there, or centre-mid).

[quote user="Oscar Willett"]surely he must be injured?
i dont know, but colin has been awful, still young but terrible, surely if fit worthy would have played him, if he was fit?
not sure he will be much better when fit, but anything to get colin to sort himself out a bit.
[/quote]

I think too many posters have been too harsh on Colin, he looked ok at the start of the season, his confidence has been shot recently due to having no cover from the midfield and being skinned in 2 on ones in two many matches

yeah i agree, i think he can do a job and is still young finding feet in the team, but he has for a while been less than good.the point i was making was that if louis-jean is fit, maybe colin needs a little while out the team to find his feet.its done wonders for safri and helveg in the past being out the team a while, so you never know.

Colin''s been dreadful all season, I just think people were giving him the benefit of the doubt to begin with.

I''ve never seen a more positionally unaware defender in professional football.

I know it was only a friendly game but I thought Louis-Jean looked very lively in right midfiled with Cloin behind him. Louis-Jean looked very quick and would also not neglect his defensive duties, thus helping Colin who is a good footballer but has been thrown into a league so unlike the Dutch league he came from that it is no wonder he has made some mistakes.

My team when everyone fit?

Green

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury

Louis-Jean Etuhu Safri McVeigh

McKenzie Earnshaw

Yep - no Huckerby!

[quote user="Mook"]

Colin''s been dreadful all season, I just think people were giving him the benefit of the doubt to begin with.

[/quote]

you must have seen derveld!! [;)]  unless you wiped him from your memory!!

Oh yeah, Derveld! How can we sign the only two Dutchmen in history unable to understand football?

Mook, how about Jean-Alain Boumsong..? he''s pretty ineffective as a defender / footballer...

S.

Colin has been poor, but not been helped by a lack of cover. He will get better.

MLJ when played has been poor, he''s always injured and was a regular in forests leaky defence of last season.

[quote user="breaker"]I know it was only a friendly game but I thought Louis-Jean looked very lively in right midfiled with Cloin behind him. Louis-Jean looked very quick and would also not neglect his defensive duties, thus helping Colin who is a good footballer but has been thrown into a league so unlike the Dutch league he came from that it is no wonder he has made some mistakes. My team when everyone fit? Green Colin Doherty Shackell Drury Louis-Jean Etuhu Safri McVeigh McKenzie Earnshaw Yep - no Huckerby![/quote]

Mckenzie ahead of huckerby! No way.

Huckerby has still been one of our better players this season, is always capable of that magic moment ( goals V plymouth and another home game), especially at home. Mckenzie will run all day but unfortunately of late there rarely is much end product.

Mighty Yellow, a good point in the context of the posting, but Mook had written:

And I was asking whether Jurgen Colin was as positionally unaware as Jean-Alain Boumsong...

I''ll forgive you this once, because you''re Yellow, and erm... because you''re Mighty... *grins and winks*