Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Bentley has got a het trick against man u

He was never afraid to shoot at Norwich but seemed to to think the goal was in the upper tier of the barclay! Clearly he has re-tuned his radar!!! That''s quit a result for Blackburn! Still Man Utd are easy to beat... we can all do that!! ;-)

[quote user="Ian Farrow"]See that Bentley has scored a hat-trick for blackburn against Man Utd. Did''nt do much of that under our manager![/quote]

Once again our so called ''manager'' nigel worthless again failed to use a player to his advantages. He ruined ashton, and has also ruined norwich, can he really do much more damage?

I don''t think Bentley had 3 shots on target at Carrow Road. We used to shout ''duck'' in the upper barclay when he lined up a shot. I can''t believe anyone could blame Worthy for that. Bentley was all tricks and no end product.

[quote user="AJ"]

[quote user="Ian Farrow"]See that Bentley has scored a hat-trick for blackburn against Man Utd. Did''nt do much of that under our manager![/quote]

Once again our so called ''manager'' nigel worthless again failed to use a player to his advantages. He ruined ashton, and has also ruined norwich, can he really do much more damage?

[/quote]

please tell me in what way nigel worthington ruined dean ashton? and why did west ham pay £7m for a ruined player from the championship when he cost us £4m less than that from crewe? so should we all agree with you AJ and acknowledge that pardew (arsenal 2-3 west ham ) is a thick twat for buying ashton and paying such a large amount of money or that nigel worthington is a prat for selling a player that wanted to move anyhow!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

I don''t think Bentley had 3 shots on target at Carrow Road. We used to shout ''duck'' in the upper barclay when he lined up a shot. I can''t believe anyone could blame Worthy for that. Bentley was all tricks and no end product.

[/quote]

bently now plays centrally behind a striker, we played him on worthys favorite position,  right wing

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]Oh don''t let facts get in the way of a manager bashing opportunity...

Yes, FTFW, but did you see where Bentley was playing today and the positive approach that Blackburn took in getting balls into the Man U area. That is what makes the difference and allows potential to start to develop, as opposed to suppressing it.

If you watch Blackburn play the fact of the matter is that the coaching staff have ironed out some of Bentley''s shortcomings, are developing his skills and he is now beginning to fulfil the potential he has always had. A mate of mine in the north-west sent me a press cutting at the time Bentley signed for Blackburn in which he was not particularly kind about his time here. He probably thought he could have a bit of a go at Worthy and his mates from the sanctity of 200 miles away in a local rag and have a dig he did. 

But Worthy didn''t like Bently and he doesn''t like McVeigh either so watch him leave in the Summer and flourish elsewhere.

Our management team cannot bring on players, thats why he buys journeymen and doesn''t encourage youth unless he has to.

Paul Rankin wrote: bently now plays centrally behind a striker, we played him on worthys favorite position,  right wingBentley came from Arsenal with a reputation for being able to play anywhere across midfield. Wenger hadn''t decided on his best position, yet you claim Worthy should have automatically deduced the best way to employ him? Isn''t that just a little judgemental? We tried him on the left to start with, aswell as centrally and on the right. He had possibly his best game when in a more central role, then knacked his knee ligaments, remember? It was three months before he returned and was not at his best when he did.Yankee said: Yes, FTFW, but did you see where Bentley was playing today and the positive approach that Blackburn took in getting balls into the Man U area. That is what makes the difference and allows potential to start to develop, as opposed to suppressing it.Admirable comment, however, this was Bentley''s 21st game this season (19 of them starts) and he''d only scored 1 league cup goal and 1 FA Cup goal prior to this! During this season he''s been subbed 14 times and picked up 5 bookings (thus 1 suspension). Not spectacular really, is it? He''s had a great game against Man. Utd. but don''t get carried away with praising Hughes''s managerial genius in using Bentley effectively. Do you not think any improvement (debatable improvement at that) is simply down to the added experience of a 21-year-old Bentley, compared to a 20-year-old Bentley who''d not had a seasons experience prior to coming to Norwich?

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Paul Rankin wrote: bently now plays centrally behind a striker, we played him on worthys favorite position,  right wing

Bentley came from Arsenal with a reputation for being able to play anywhere across midfield. Wenger hadn''t decided on his best position, yet you claim Worthy should have automatically deduced the best way to employ him? Isn''t that just a little judgemental? We tried him on the left to start with, aswell as centrally and on the right. He had possibly his best game when in a more central role, then knacked his knee ligaments, remember? It was three months before he returned and was not at his best when he did.

Yankee said:
Yes, FTFW, but did you see where Bentley was playing today and the positive approach that Blackburn took in getting balls into the Man U area. That is what makes the difference and allows potential to start to develop, as opposed to suppressing it.

Admirable comment, however, this was Bentley''s 21st game this season (19 of them starts) and he''d only scored 1 league cup goal and 1 FA Cup goal prior to this! During this season he''s been subbed 14 times and picked up 5 bookings (thus 1 suspension). Not spectacular really, is it? He''s had a great game against Man. Utd. but don''t get carried away with praising Hughes''s managerial genius in using Bentley effectively. Do you not think any improvement (debatable improvement at that) is simply down to the added experience of a 21-year-old Bentley, compared to a 20-year-old Bentley who''d not had a seasons experience prior to coming to Norwich?

[/quote]

You have a point Barman, but yet again it shows that worthy was unable to get the best out of a creative player. Also apparantly Bently has made some ''not very polite'' comments about his time here in the local press up north.

I mean he was dropped for a match by worthy for doing a ''ave it'' in training... Pathetic

Don''t be silly Barman, it''s ALL Worthy''s fault, even stuff that goes on at other clubs.  On a serious note, he has a midfield at Blackburn which wins the ball & gives it to the flair players, this enables Bentley to get forward more and express himself.

[quote user="westoncanary."]Don''t be silly Barman, it''s ALL Worthy''s fault, even stuff that goes on at other clubs.  On a serious note, he has a midfield at Blackburn which wins the ball & gives it to the flair players, this enables Bentley to get forward more and express himself.[/quote]

Its not ALL worthys fault, however his reliance on workhorses and his inability to get the best out of creative players (look at hucks now, did well when he first came here has been on the slide ever since) is a major failing.  He is a good lower league boss.

Credit where credit is due - Bentley was an exciting loan signing when Worthless brought him.

However, other than Ashton and potentially earnshaw all the other signings have been useless (hence 12th position). I have no idea whether the coaching staff are poor - but i would assume that they are significantly better at Blackburn

Hows bout Mark Bowen for manager of Norwich?

[quote user="Garth Crooks is a"]

Credit where credit is due - Bentley was an exciting loan signing when Worthless brought him.

However, other than Ashton and potentially earnshaw all the other signings have been useless (hence 12th position). I have no idea whether the coaching staff are poor - but i would assume that they are significantly better at Blackburn

Hows bout Mark Bowen for manager of Norwich?

[/quote]

I must admit i am at a loss as to why our creative players seem to fade so easily??  Hucks came here and was fantastic, did ok in the prem but at left wing he was just fouled consistently all season nearer the half way line than in the final third, this season he has been a major letdown for some reason.  David Bentley came here with so much potential unyet nothing came off, I remember Worthy having a dig at him when he put 8 long rangers over the bar against some team. Dean Ashton arived and did outstanding, some of his finishes were sublime, this year I cant remember a single remarkable finish from him!?!?!?

Even as far back as Libbra, whom came here in a flash, scored some great goals, then his flicks and tricks helped beat wolves, Worthys comment was he didnt want to see Libbra doing that, and he didnt like all the flicks and tricks... Libbra was never the same player again.

Paul McVeigh probably gets his current motivation and confidence from the fact the fans have been bigging him up (and deservedly so) boos ringing out when the manager subs you probably takes away and behind the scenes and public critisism the manager may be laying on.

I dont think worthy realises that some players do not take well to critisism (Jason Koumas being an ideal example) and that some players need bigging up not putting down?

Motivation is one of the most important things in football - Martin O''Neil had it down to a tee.  Our man doesnt seem to have mastered it yet.

WC, who would you like to make accountable for us not having a midfield. Shall I take the responsibility for it, or how about the milkman? Of course Bentley ( or any other talent for that matter ) can have their potential and confidence developed if you have a midfield. That is what you have a manager for...to put those things in place.

Well done to Bentley for last night. I know 2 of them were tap-ins but I always had a lot of time for him, even though we only saw brief flashes of his full potential. Good luck to the lad.