Sign in to follow this  
pete

Heads in the sand still

Money is a powerful incentive. They will hang on until their fingernails break off.

I guess they were all looking forward to the Leeds coming of age party in August. Now they are like rabbits caught in the headlights. 

Matt Hancock will be elected ex officio of the EPL and testing will not have to reach 100K a day (do you think it will?) before football only can be returned to normal life as long as nobody knows.

"We had to listen to the Science" says the Secretary of State for Health

MP Matt Hancock struts his stuff to the Funky Chicken ...

According to the majority of the Press this morning, the Govt plan to get the Country moving again says sports will not be allowed to start until July or August at the earliest. I can't see how you can finish this season then without having a massive negative impact on next season whch would be unlikely to start til Sept or Oct in that case.

'Integrity of football ' which i keep hearing bandied about by those with a financial interest in playing again, is irrelevant in these times.

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

According to the majority of the Press this morning, the Govt plan to get the Country moving again says sports will not be allowed to start until July or August at the earliest. I can't see how you can finish this season then without having a massive negative impact on next season whch would be unlikely to start til Sept or Oct in that case.

'Integrity of football ' which i keep hearing bandied about by those with a financial interest in playing again, is irrelevant in these times.

Yep, all just hot air at the moment,  of course wed like to get back to normal asap. Anyone who said different needs their head testing. Thing is, all we're hearing is what people would like to happen,  so while discussing easing of restrictions,  they carry on as strict as ever. This is the game....offer the possibility  of Good news ( steak dinner)  while enduring the current rotten times ( gruel).  Truth is, no one knows how much gruel we have to eat before we can tuck into the steak. 

Only footy people give a toss about  footy.  Its irrelevant to most.

My personal opinion is that normal service wont be resumed for many months at least,, meaning I doubt any of us will be attending matches, gigs etc until at least summer 2021.  We haven't even started clearing up the mess this virus has created. 

• Like 3