Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

4 - 4 tonight

Couple more minutes and we’d have won that. 

I remember sitting in County Hall car park for ages after the game trying to calm down enough to drive back down to London. Brilliant game.

Edited by Hansterbubble
  • Haha 1

Only started supporting NCFC in 2016 and what a difference of football quality since earlier days. Watching that game tonight was like watching non league football all over again, in fact probably worse. just frantic kick and run football.  Thank goodness DF has installed good technical football.  Interesting also is how players these days are technically better and more able to keep the ball with more confidence. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

This was Dean Ashton's home debut match after we bought him for a record fee of 3 million pounds from Crewe Alexandra. Sadly, he had a short spell with us, and his career ended at the age of 26 due to an injury during atraining session with England.  

That is not the full story, it was Mrs Boadicea that weakened his ankle by smacking into him as she came rushing out of a shop in Norwich, in a hurry, and not looking where she was going, leaving him in a heap on the pavement. She was in a rush because we had arranged our post shopping meeting time (I hate shopping) for which she was already late with at least another three shops to visit. I feel after 15 years I can finally reveal the truth.........

36 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If I nip out for a wee we might get one.

Bloody hell Danny Graham aged 12.

No idea he'd played in that game. Must be one of the few occasions he didn't score against us 

20 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

(I hate shopping)

Must be easier for you now SoB, now everyone's in lockdown.

5 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Must be easier for you now SoB, now everyone's in lockdown.

How times have changed, it is now a treat to take a trip to the supermarket, like good citizens we do not go that often, and I just sit in the car and wait, I would never, ever have thought that sitting in a car, in a supermarket car park would be something to look forward to.........

• Haha 2

One of my favourite games at Carrow Road. Delighted that I stayed right to the end and even more so that the comeback happened in front of where I was sitting. 

Some points to make: four assists for Huckerby in that game if I remember rightly, although he wasn't credited with four. I haven't seen the goals for years, so I'm not sure which one(s).

I still maintain that Dean Ashton is the finest player I've seen in a Norwich shirt in my 20 years or so of proper memory. He wasn't here long but he just oozed class and was destined for a great career. Shaun Wright-Phillips has a lot to answer for. I know Ashton got compensation in the end but it robbed him of a great career and was no doubt only a fraction of the tens of millions he would've made during his career.

3 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Thanks for that MP - I'd forgotten just how good the Doc was.

We need one with Snoddy now......

How about the home game vs Villa in September 2013? When Snoddy ruined RVW’s career by taking and missing the penalty?

• Haha 2