Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Several EFL clubs in trouble

Uefa are working on a August 29th champions league final 🙄

21 hours ago, JF said:

Just posted this in another thread but may as well put it in here as well. This is a really good piece on why behind closed doors can’t and won’t happen. It’s a sports illustrated article about American sports but it’s the same reasons everywhere 

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sports-arent-coming-back-soon

"All games across the Championship, League One and League Two are set to be broadcast live on television or online after the English Football League confirmed matches are almost certain to resume behind closed doors."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/football-league-championship-return-behind-closed-doors-tv-stream-online-a9470056.html

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

"All games across the Championship, League One and League Two are set to be broadcast live on television or online after the English Football League confirmed matches are almost certain to resume behind closed doors."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/football-league-championship-return-behind-closed-doors-tv-stream-online-a9470056.html

I plan to win the euro millions tonight. Doesn’t mean it will happen...

ps. Did you read the article?

Edited by JF

5 minutes ago, JF said:

I plan to win the euro millions tonight. Doesn’t mean it will happen...

ps. Did you read the article?

err, yes

that's why I post links

19 hours ago, JF said:

Uefa are working on a August 29th champions league final 🙄

I am working on getting a delivery from Sainsburys with all the things I asked for and no substitutes that I don't like.

I expect to be just as successful as UEFA in that quest.

you are awaiting the delievery from Sainsburys because in all probability it will happen

the same here - the games will go ahead

as I said - too much momney at stake

ps talking about Sainsburys, if any  folk need to go out then simply put a few light food packets in a plastic shopping bag and off you go - you will be assumed to have been shopping so will not be bothered, but keep you distance

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

err, yes

that's why I post links

The article I posted that you were replying to?

46 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I am working on getting a delivery from Sainsburys with all the things I asked for and no substitutes that I don't like.

Surely this will all just blow over and cross border travel will be allowed within the next two months so uefa can have their show piece final... and it’s also highly unlikely that any of the fans whose teams have reached that final would try and make their way there as well...

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

As I’ve posted on another thread. When my son can attend school and play in the playground with his friends with no social distancing in place is when football can be played again. Not a moment sooner. To do otherwise and allow multi millionaire players to play a game of football but not allow the same freedoms to children ect would be a terrible advert for the game and highly unlikely to be allowed by government 

• Like 1

In crude terms what the statement says is we have made a decision that the right decision is to continue having to make no decision.

or even cruder, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bill said:

ps talking about Sainsburys, if any  folk need to go out then simply put a few light food packets in a plastic shopping bag and off you go - you will be assumed to have been shopping so will not be bothered, but keep you distance

An exellent ruse👍

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

In crude terms what the statement says is we have made a decision that the right decision is to continue having to make no decision.

or even cruder, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

However this ends thats always going to be the case isn't it? They will always be committed to playing until it's no longer possible.

Edited by Hillhead

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Great advice, I'm sure if 40 million follow it no harm could be done.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

An exellent ruse👍

Don't listen Ricardo(o) ,, he's an Agent Provocateur.  🕵️

Edited by wcorkcanary

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

the concern used to be about making you blind, not deaf

I suppose that depends on how you went about it.

On 16/04/2020 at 19:27, Drazen Muzinic said:

Being naughty in a worrying time for the future of grassroots football...does anyone hope the Binners go under..?

No. No more than I would wish it on any other club or business. 

IF some grassroots clubs do go to the wall it will upset the player (and coaching staff) suppy chain and could change the dynamics across Europe, assuming it impacts other countries the same. 

Not sure if it means demand exceeding supply in which case player values increase? 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

No. No more than I would wish it on any other club or business. 

IF some grassroots clubs do go to the wall it will upset the player (and coaching staff) suppy chain and could change the dynamics across Europe, assuming it impacts other countries the same. 

Not sure if it means demand exceeding supply in which case player values increase? 

Surely it would be the other way round? The same number of players but fewer clubs.

• Like 1

Lower league clubs pushing to call off season. Even threat to boycott games if forced to play.

Report on back page of the Mail.

Just now, ricardo said:

Lower league clubs pushing to call off season. Even threat to boycott games if forced to play.

Report on back page of the Mail.

Unbeknownst, I have already quoted that on the Bloom thread.

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It is no good lower league clubs playing behind close doors. The bulk of their income comes from the click of the turnstiles.

Exactly and premier league clubs won't go bankrupt due to this and if they do then they have been overspending and thats their fault.

Whatever ends up being paid back to the Premier League or not paid to the clubs for most clubs in the premier league amounts to one less or slightly less costly signing.

For us it probably means we are forced to sell but another year in the Premier League will eventually outweigh that.

The PL argument I suspect is about European football which some clubs will be counting on the income from and who gets those slots should the season be null & void.

On 16/04/2020 at 08:07, Van wink said:

The grounds will still be there, the players will still have their boots, the fans will want to watch footy when all this is over.....a well overdue restructuring and introduction of realism to an unsustainable model.

Or alternatively skew the championship even more as rich owners throw even more money at promotion chasing the losses that this has forced upon them...

On 17/04/2020 at 15:27, ricardo said:

Hope it’s only peas.