Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Let's all do the pools week 5...

How are all you PUPPPs this week? I miss our Rays Funds threads and following the games. Kiwi kindly had a go at finding six results last weekend and PUPanon has been in touch offering to fund a set each weekend if any of you can find any games and make the predictions. But I'm thankful for these threads each week and it keeps us together. Always remember that a lot of our money is raised through us being here doing what we do and I received another £25 last week from someone who'd seen what we do and wanted to make a contribution to our DS boys and girls. These are the latest totals..

762686285_Signaturetotals-02April20.jpg.5cb7a817843d82a2133207eb1c6f49c7.jpg

Don't forget these threads are open to all and you just need to...

• Choose one match that you think will end in a score draw.
  • The matches obviously aren't played but there is a Pools Panel who judge what the outcome would have been.
  • Any money won will go to the CSF like with the usual Rays Funds.
  • This is kindly financed by our anonymous benefactor PUPanon and open to all posters from any part of this message board.
  • We also have a competition between ourselves for who wins the most points from their picks 

This week's 11 will be chosen by top PUP Kathy on Friday evening.

Here are this week's matches...

678791834_Screenshot(43).png.12d700707563af904881daa0073a0da5.png1613780280_Screenshot(44).png.3e6bad78de8a6ce3f9fa01660438984c.png

A very good afternoon to you Nutty and good luck to the old girl from Reepham.

No.2 for me West Ham v Burnley.

Evening all. It's number 9 for me, Nottm Forest v Swansea.

Best of luck Kathy.

And remember, in a parallel universe we're all off to Wembley this weekend for the FA Cup Semi Final 😉

2 minutes ago, Hissing Sid said:

Evening all. It's number 9 for me, Nottm Forest v Swansea.

Best of luck Kathy.

And remember, in a parallel universe we're all off to Wembley this weekend for the FA Cup Semi Final 😉

Oh I just had a twinge of FA cup nervous tummy there....

9 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Oh I just had a twinge of FA cup nervous tummy there....

Long while since I had a twinge of anything. 😰

No: 5 - Cardiff v Derby.

Good luck Kathy.

PC 49 for me

👮‍♂️'ello, 'ello, 'ello....

Kathy's kindly agreed to pick six results to give us games to follow this weekend. Thanks Kathy🙃

This looks like a good idea Nutty, keeps things ticking over until we get back to a form of normality!!  I'd like to pick number 9, Forest v Swansea. Good luck to Kathy.

• Like 1

Hi PUPs. How are we all doing? I know we moan about social media at times but can you imagine what all of this would be like if there wasn’t such a thing?

Nutty has kindly asked me to do the final eleven score draws selections, and try to come up with a winning accy from the meagre selection of real games available this week. Two very difficult tasks in themselves, but the toughest part, believe you me, will be remembering when it’s Friday!

Anyway to the tasks in hand. As soon as Nutty asked me to do this, I had a quick look at this weekend’s fixtures and picked out some selections which I thought looked like score draws, but I see looking at the coupons the pools company have been very crafty and left some of them out. As a result as usual I shall be looking at other people’s expertise so thank you all for the suggestions that have been made. I intend to make use of these, even Til1010’s on the grounds that he just has to get one right sooner or later.

It’s quite a different mind-set doing these as you have to try to get inside the heads of the pools panel rather than think about the merits of the two teams. As I understand it that’s three blokes sitting in a sealed room in the London Hilton Hotel. If VAR is anything to go by, there’s bound to be some curve balls in there, so it’s probably down to Lady Luck.

So with that in mind, out with the analysis and logic, and in with the lucky underwear.

2          West Ham v Burnley

5          Cardiff v Derby

7          Luton v QPR

10        Wigan v Hull

13        Blackpool v Coventry

18        Oxford v Fleetwood

32        Alloa v Queen of the South

33        Arbroath v Dundee

39        Montrose v Falkirk

45        Stirling v Edinburgh City

46        Bromsgrove v Hartlepool

On to the second task. I haven’t heard of any of these teams and only one of the places, so it’s very much a fingers crossed job. Also, far be it from me to suggest the bookies are being a bit sneaky, but some of the odds they are offering don’t necessarily reflect the league positions!

Taiwanese Premier League

Taipei City Tatung v Taipei Red Lions            home win

Tajikistani Higher League

Kuktosh Rudaki v FC Khujand                         home win

Nicaraguan U20 League

Managua v Walter Ferretti                             home win

Las Sabanas CF v Juventus Managua              away win

Nicaraguan Premier League

Women’s friendly

Djurgardens IF v Brommapojkarna                home win

For my own selection this week, number 39 Montrose v Falkirk.

OTBC 

• Thanks 1

Can I have No 5 please as its my lucky number cardiff v derby

Good Luck everyone 😀

40 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Hi PUPs. How are we all doing? I know we moan about social media at times but can you imagine what all of this would be like if there wasn’t such a thing?

Nutty has kindly asked me to do the final eleven score draws selections, and try to come up with a winning accy from the meagre selection of real games available this week. Two very difficult tasks in themselves, but the toughest part, believe you me, will be remembering when it’s Friday!

Anyway to the tasks in hand. As soon as Nutty asked me to do this, I had a quick look at this weekend’s fixtures and picked out some selections which I thought looked like score draws, but I see looking at the coupons the pools company have been very crafty and left some of them out. As a result as usual I shall be looking at other people’s expertise so thank you all for the suggestions that have been made. I intend to make use of these, even Til1010’s on the grounds that he just has to get one right sooner or later.

It’s quite a different mind-set doing these as you have to try to get inside the heads of the pools panel rather than think about the merits of the two teams. As I understand it that’s three blokes sitting in a sealed room in the London Hilton Hotel. If VAR is anything to go by, there’s bound to be some curve balls in there, so it’s probably down to Lady Luck.

So with that in mind, out with the analysis and logic, and in with the lucky underwear.

2          West Ham v Burnley

5          Cardiff v Derby

7          Luton v QPR

10        Wigan v Hull

13        Blackpool v Coventry

18        Oxford v Fleetwood

32        Alloa v Queen of the South

33        Arbroath v Dundee

39        Montrose v Falkirk

45        Stirling v Edinburgh City

46        Bromsgrove v Hartlepool

On to the second task. I haven’t heard of any of these teams and only one of the places, so it’s very much a fingers crossed job. Also, far be it from me to suggest the bookies are being a bit sneaky, but some of the odds they are offering don’t necessarily reflect the league positions!

Taiwanese Premier League

Taipei City Tatung v Taipei Red Lions            home win

Tajikistani Higher League

Kuktosh Rudaki v FC Khujand                         home win

Nicaraguan U20 League

Las Sabanas CF v Juventus Managua              away win

Nicaraguan Premier League

Women’s friendly

Djurgardens IF v Brommapojkarna                home win

For my own selection this week, number 39 Montrose v Falkirk.

OTBC 

Thanks for accepting the challenge Kathy. And thanks for some great sets of selections.

You're right, online communities are a Godsend during this time. I'm proud to be part of this one which is the best football forum in the world.

Thanks also of course to PUPanon, who has funded both these opportunities, and all you PUPPPs who take part and keep the threads running. Just being here doing what we do helps raise more funds for the CSF that's why keeping this running over this period is so important.

I've placed the six with Paddypower (Please check I got them right Kathy) and here are the details...

165854003_Screenshot(46).png.c525874bca77496b0d3af466c0fd3600.png

We kick off tomorrow evening so I'll update the thread when the games are on.

And the pools selections are on too. here are those details..

907876868_Screenshot(45).png.4398aca1927d15b7a82918d6af79006e.png

Thanks again Kathy. Good luck to you and all our wonderful PUPs🤞🍀

4 hours ago, Kathy said:

Bump.

Make your mind up whether it is a bump you have or a twinge that you had yesterday.

23 hours ago, Kathy said:

As a result as usual I shall be looking at other people’s expertise so thank you all for the suggestions that have been made. I intend to make use of these, even Til1010’s on the grounds that he just has to get one right sooner or later.

A very wise choice by the look of things. 😂