Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

What a complete crap club we are

Recommended Posts

You've already slagged our club off on exactly the same thread by 'Slim. Sod off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep Herman. Found be out. 
 

I am anti this furlough like 99% of the UK. 
 

therefore I must be a binner because I disagree with you. What a twit you are

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No, it’s because 100% of your posts are slagging off “your” club.  It kind-of gives an idea you’re not a fan.

And Teemu van Basten following you around liking your posts is hardly an endorsement when you are probably one and the same person.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Echo chamber. Bunch of idiots

Mate its just about a dozen and a half of the loudest posters defending this furlough, no executives pay cut, and then signing a player in the middle of it.

Makes us look like a right sh*thouse club, and now we're in good company with Mike Ashley. Half expecting us to end up with Wonga on our shirts. 

Next thing they'll be going cap in hand to the fans for the fifth handout of the Delia reign after mugging the fan base for away memberships, having had no players sacrifice pay and no execs sacrifice pay.

I agree its become a joke. I still think the problem is as simple as lacking an experience stalwart, retired captain of industry as Chairman or in a similar role. An Alan Bowkett, even an Ed Balls. 

We've got football men running the entire business operation, after years of having corporate businessmen try and understand football, one day we'll achieve a happy median I hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, it’s because 100% of your posts are slagging off “your” club.  It kind-of gives an idea you’re not a fan.

Define "club", I'm unhappy with the way the executives have dealt with this entire situation. If you can't see how bad we're being made to look in the media then open your eyes. 

We look like sh*thouses, we have done since the start of the season, incident after incident starting with the away membership mugging. 

We are similar in every way to a Mike Ashley Newcastle. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed. Give 25% bonus for Bonds including many club insiders costing 1.25 million then charge half that to the loyal away supporters then claim the Club is giving donations to NHS whilst holding on to lots of supporters money then furloughing whilst signing new players. How is this management? The Clubs loyal supporters should come first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

P155 off. We are the best club around, our community work is outstanding, everyone from our owners right down to the matchday staff and the fans are all one big family. You don't get this level of warmth and comradery  at any other club. go support a tinpot soulless club who are nothing without one man's wealth like Bournemouth then, you won't be missed. Enjoy League 1/2 in a few years when he gets bored. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Mate its just about a dozen and a half of the loudest posters defending this furlough, no executives pay cut, and then signing a player in the middle of it.

Makes us look like a right sh*thouse club, and now we're in good company with Mike Ashley. Half expecting us to end up with Wonga on our shirts. 

Next thing they'll be going cap in hand to the fans for the fifth handout of the Delia reign after mugging the fan base for away memberships, having had no players sacrifice pay and no execs sacrifice pay.

I agree its become a joke. I still think the problem is as simple as lacking an experience stalwart, retired captain of industry as Chairman or in a similar role. An Alan Bowkett, even an Ed Balls. 

We've got football men running the entire business operation, after years of having corporate businessmen try and understand football, one day we'll achieve a happy median I hope. 

The player was signed January, they were going to hold it off until the summer, but just wanted to bring good cheer. He won’t be on the payroll until the club is back playing again, so I don’t see why you are shedding so many tears over it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

P155 off. We are the best club around, our community work is outstanding, everyone from our owners right down to the matchday staff and the fans are all one big family. You don't get this level of warmth and comradery  at any other club. go support a tinpot soulless club who are nothing without one man's wealth like Bournemouth then, you won't be missed. Enjoy League 1/2 in a few years when he gets bored. 

When you resort to abuse it's pretty obvious you've lost the argument. I love my football club but I rather the community got the taxpayers cash at this moment in time... 

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said Kenny Foggo. That is all this ‘one argument’ is about. Who gets this limited (taxpayers) money?! Not is Delia a saint or sinner? Is Webber hero or zero? Are we the best football team in land (presently we sit bottom, so this is hard one to argue), etc.

Or should a PL club take a small amount of money to offset players and directors salaries at the tail end of a season (that was due to finish shortly) and after the TV hit is not as bad as argued.

Take the yellow and green glasses off and look at the bigger picture?! It may give a different perspective...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it stands the furlough system is not even up and running yet so no one has been able to put in a claim for anything.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, yellow_belly said:

Well said Kenny Foggo. That is all this ‘one argument’ is about. Who gets this limited (taxpayers) money?! Not is Delia a saint or sinner? Is Webber hero or zero? Are we the best football team in land (presently we sit bottom, so this is hard one to argue), etc.

Or should a PL club take a small amount of money to offset players and directors salaries at the tail end of a season (that was due to finish shortly) and after the TV hit is not as bad as argued.

Take the yellow and green glasses off and look at the bigger picture?! It may give a different perspective...

If the sky money has been guaranteed there is zero argument to use taxpayers cash to fund a local team. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are the same yellow belly who is full of spiteful comments on another city forum then I suggest you are best ignored!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I am not on any other forum, so please don’t confuse me with some else!  I am not being spiteful I am just saying that this one decision is very wrong... and most people away from a City football forum feel this way... I think I am being rather reasonable. I am not calling people spiteful, or a binner etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, duke63 said:

As it stands the furlough system is not even up and running yet so no one has been able to put in a claim for anything.

 

 

Gives the club time to review and change their position hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If the sky money has been guaranteed there is zero argument to use taxpayers cash to fund a local team. 

 Has it been guaranteed yet? And there is the overseas TV money and the loss of home game receipts too. So the club doesn’t know where it stands just yet does it? Just like for many so many businesses, it’s just all one huge mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad that your opinion in the title isn't supported by a balanced argument for it.  You just can't justify that! 

Whether you agree with this particular matter or not, you can't qualify our club as 'crap' when it is so open, honest and transparent, the club and fans are 'as one' and we are an example to so many other clubs about how professional clubs should be run.    It does so much for the community, has a humble attitude and operates without a benefactor, something that most clubs need as they don't have the wherewithal, the intelligence and the nous to find new ways of succeeding.    

To argue we are the same business as any of Newcastle, Liverpool or Tottenham (even Bournemouth) is to reject all the facts to suit your point.... although you haven't balanced it yet.    We aren't the same business as them.   We play in the same league, we compete with them on a football pitch but we don't compete with any of them financially.    

Call yourself a fan...  look at all the facts then take a view.    If you've looked at all the facts and still think we are 'crap' give us all of your reasons, otherwise, you're just talking 'crap'!

OTBC, proud of my club.    

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

No I am not on any other forum, so please don’t confuse me with some else!  I am not being spiteful I am just saying that this one decision is very wrong... and most people away from a City football forum feel this way... I think I am being rather reasonable. I am not calling people spiteful, or a binner etc

I disagree that most away from a city forum feel this way. Was even a thread on TWTD this week where the Sinani deal was posted and everyone apart from the OP was in agreement that even if the timing of the announcement was poor there isn't a moral problem with the club forward planning.

Even Shearer said that a club like Norwich will have to look at this differently to the elite premier league clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In response to Ged, why then did the Club pay a ridiculous 25% promotion bonus to select few bondholders and nothing to loyal shareholders. They are never open and honest to me when I ask the question they just clam up. Then they bounce the problem onto the loyal away fans. Also we are in the Champions League for audit and tax advice fees which indicates we have never been too keen to pay for public services in the past only to find a new found enthusiasm now. I wonder why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

I am anti this furlough like 99% of the UK.

Who do you think you are, puporting to talk for 99% of the UK?   There is a strong argument in place that the furloughing in our case as a self financing club is entirely in keeping with the government scheme.  Many, many clubs in all sorts of team sports are furloughing staff and it is only where clubs have super rich owners that furloughing is probaly unjustifiable. 

Furloughing is NOT wrong for us and isn't for many football clubs going down through the leagues. Try looking at some of the other threads where the argument has been spelled out for you......or then maybe you don't want to hear the full argument, but will just start yet another thread about it anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you took off that silly hat and actually talked to people or googled opinions you wound quickly find out the mood of the country re PL clubs furloughing staff. But I bet your world sounds good in your head. 

 

I disagree with you. I am happy to listen to but have actually read it given that I am an employer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The player was signed January, they were going to hold it off until the summer, but just wanted to bring good cheer. He won’t be on the payroll until the club is back playing again, so I don’t see why you are shedding so many tears over it

He wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Sad that your opinion in the title isn't supported by a balanced argument for it.  You just can't justify that! 

Whether you agree with this particular matter or not, you can't qualify our club as 'crap' when it is so open, honest and transparent, the club and fans are 'as one' and we are an example to so many other clubs about how professional clubs should be run.    It does so much for the community, has a humble attitude and operates without a benefactor, something that most clubs need as they don't have the wherewithal, the intelligence and the nous to find new ways of succeeding.    

To argue we are the same business as any of Newcastle, Liverpool or Tottenham (even Bournemouth) is to reject all the facts to suit your point.... although you haven't balanced it yet.    We aren't the same business as them.   We play in the same league, we compete with them on a football pitch but we don't compete with any of them financially.    

Call yourself a fan...  look at all the facts then take a view.    If you've looked at all the facts and still think we are 'crap' give us all of your reasons, otherwise, you're just talking 'crap'!

OTBC, proud of my club.    

It would be interesting to see whether or not the respective revenues this season back this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Care to share anymore than two words on the matter?

Stuart Webber quote from late February.  -

"For sure he's a player of interest to us whose contract is up this coming summer. We were never going to bring him in January," said Webber. "That was never on our agenda.

"He's one we're interested in for the medium term, he's a good player, albeit playing at a very difficult level to really assess but again he fits the type of player that we look for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...