Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Killers Postpone 2020 UK Tour.

That is the Carrow Road gig off then scheduled for Monday 1st June.It has been announced by them but not yet on the club website. A loss of revenue the club could do without which i believe cannot be covered by insurance as it is because of a pandemic. If i am wrong i stand corrected.

Can’t they just play it behind closed doors?

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That is the Carrow Road gig off then scheduled for Monday 1st June.It has been announced by them but not yet on the club website. A loss of revenue the club could do without which i believe cannot be covered by insurance as it is because of a pandemic. If i am wrong i stand corrected.

Depends on the type of insurance the club have - a lot of music festivals are in the same boat - if they have a comprehensive insurance policy then it may be covered. If they don't then it won't. Difficult to know the exact ins and outs of the contract and insurance status. It may just be rescheduled, in which case they won't need to claim on the insurance anyway.

Edited by kick it off

An Irish band called "The Coronas" are getting fairly hammered too! They sent a tweet to Corona beer asking how things were going for them given their (now) unfortunate choice of brand name!

11 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

What’s your favourite Killers track Til ? 😉

Did i say i even liked them. Is that a requirement to start the thread about lost revenue for the club at this difficult time ?

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Did i say i even liked them. Is that a requirement to start the thread about lost revenue for the club at this difficult time ?

Like me this sounds like another way of saying you don't know who they are Tilly.

No need to be embarrassed 😀

All tours are underwritten so the club will not be out of pocket but potential they will lose gaining cash as it would have 100% sold out... No accounting for taste but there you go..

Band say they are trying to reschedule for next year but that cant happen until its known when the ground will be available, and thats anyones guess at the mo

On 15/04/2020 at 12:58, Kenny Foggo said:

All tours are underwritten so the club will not be out of pocket but potential they will lose gaining cash as it would have 100% sold out... No accounting for taste but there you go..

was 100% sold out within hours of going on sale

Club will lose out on food and drink sales and commission on merch if sold on premises.

Hopefully rhey will reschedule for next summer and give priority over football. Get a date in the diary and work around it.

40 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Club will lose out on food and drink sales and commission on merch if sold on premises.

Hopefully rhey will reschedule for next summer and give priority over football. Get a date in the diary and work around it.

That depends on whether or not the scientific boffins can develop a vaccine in time

Quite glad. I can't bear the thought of hearing Mr Brightside blasted out across the entirety of Norwich. Let alone the voices of all the goons who will be singing along! 😂😉

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That depends on whether or not the scientific boffins can develop a vaccine in time

Or whether the at risk cohort remain in isolation as long as it takes. The rest of us do as we please or dare.

Well I’m not sad about Westlife as they really are a poor band! But so gutted about not getting to see the Killers......my last one I was going to tick off the list! Red Hot Chillies, Van Halen, Keiser Chiefs, ELO and The Jam in 82....... amongst others but those were my most memorable.

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Westlife tour including Carrow Road is now also off.

There is another positive (although they're not appearing at Carra).....Little Mix have also cancelled their tour as well.....

Their tour crew will have to put that girly bands barrels of botox back into storage......

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I don’t think we’ll be losing too much sleep over that will we Tilly 😁

' Er indoors is missing out on an evening's work Smithy.

On 22/04/2020 at 14:34, TIL 1010 said:

Westlife tour including Carrow Road is now also off.

Westlife should just cancel the band

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Killers new date for Carrow Road is 2nd June 2021.

As that depends on a vaccine or immunity for the masses June next year can only be provisional.

I had something booked in the West End for August this year and it’s just been put back to the following August.  I’m not too hopeful.