Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Double decker or a crunchie

The quality of every type of chocolate bar is way below what it used to be.  Inferior ingredients compared to even twenty years ago with less taste, less texture and smaller to boot - and exponential price increases.  I used to love munchies too, but they are nowhere near as good, the quality of the golden inside of crunchies is way less quality too. 

My favourites used to be maltesers, but these are now virtually ruined as a product, poorly produced, less crunch and less taste and often not even covered with chocolate. 

Just now, Petriix said:

Double deckers give you more in a purely £/g comparison so they often get the nod even though I prefer the taste of a crunchie. You have to factor in the economics of the situation rather than just going on taste.

To risk taking things off topic... It's like saying you might prefer Harry Kane to Teemu Pukki, but you have to think about the transfer fee and wages.

Double deckers are a bit strange but in a good way. I think it’s the contrast of textures. I do like a Crunchie now and again or hokie pokie as my mum calls them. She lived in New Zealand for a while and I think that is what they call the honeycomb stuff. But if I am stood at the vending machine at 3-30pm on a long dull Wednesday then my treat of choice would be a Snickers. Not as good as a Marathon used to be, but still very nice in a nutty, chocolatey way. 😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hansterbubble said:

Double deckers are a bit strange but in a good way. I think it’s the contrast of textures. I do like a Crunchie now and again or hokie pokie as my mum calls them. She lived in New Zealand for a while and I think that is what they call the honeycomb stuff. But if I am stood at the vending machine at 3-30pm on a long dull Wednesday then my treat of choice would be a Snickers. Not as good as a Marathon used to be, but still very nice in a nutty, chocolatey way. 😋

I love me a snickers, but... Those 4 packs contain tiny bars which seem to keep shrinking making them pretty poor value. Remember the 'hungerbuster'? 100g of snickers in one bar!

Years ago, before many of you were born, a double decker bus went into a huge sink hole in Norwich. 

Cadburys had an advert in all the national papers the next day with a photo of the bus. At the bottom of the advert it said 'Nothing fills a hole like a Double Decker' 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-43266095/the-sinkhole-that-swallowed-a-bus-in-norwich

Edited by dylanisabaddog