Reports that the EFL are planning on next season starting on the 6th September 

Edited by JF

31 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Italy have pencilled in the reopening of stadia for early 2021.

Optimistic but at least it should knock some of the wild early starters on the head.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Guess I just talked that one up🤣

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Guess I just talked that one up🤣

Apparently they have told clubs to expect to be able to resume training in mid May but have no date when the season can continue. They have also told clubs they need to be ready to continue at a moments notice! I can’t possibly see what could go wrong...

I've been told by a credible source that resumption of professional football will recommence on the 12th of Never.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Where is the problem here? You can give them a ring and suspend your payment whenever you wish. Why do you expect them to contact you?

Where do I suggest I expect the club to contact me regarding this,  I’m still paying Ricardo, and I haven’t contacted the club in any way, I have no need too. They have contacted me in regards to the Southampton and Man Utd cup gamesmanship fair enough. My point is that bigger clubs than NCFC have suspended season ticket sales for a reason, more in thinking of their supporters own financial position, which to me is common sense in respect of the current situation!

40 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Where do I suggest I expect the club to contact me regarding this,  I’m still paying Ricardo, and I haven’t contacted the club in any way, I have no need too. They have contacted me in regards to the Southampton and Man Utd cup gamesmanship fair enough. My point is that bigger clubs than NCFC have suspended season ticket sales for a reason, more in thinking of their supporters own financial position, which to me is common sense in respect of the current situation!

But ours were already sold.

37 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But ours were already sold.

As had other clubs.

The word used NN was that some clubs had suspended season ticket sales. Those persons who had already paid, and those paying by D/D will be refunded if that becomes necessary. Let’s all hope, if football goes west, NCFC are able to do the same!

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

As had other clubs.

The word used NN was that some clubs had suspended season ticket sales. Those persons who had already paid, and those paying by D/D will be refunded if that becomes necessary. Let’s all hope, if football goes west, NCFC are able to do the same!

But you can already do what you want with your season ticket why do you need me to do what you want with mine?

47 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But you can already do what you want with your season ticket why do you need me to do what you want with mine?

NN do you actually read what is written.? You can do what you absolutely like with your season ticket, did the post actually suggest YOU needed to do something with it. NO. It referred to “ THOSE PERSONS”. It merely pointed out that some clubs have  SUSPENDED their season ticket sales. As far as I’m concerned you can put yours where the sun doesn’t shine! You are not clever in your response, and is no no more than one expects!

15 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

NN do you actually read what is written.? You can do what you absolutely like with your season ticket, did the post actually suggest YOU needed to do something with it. NO. It referred to “ THOSE PERSONS”. It merely pointed out that some clubs have  SUSPENDED their season ticket sales. As far as I’m concerned you can put yours where the sun doesn’t shine! You are not clever in your response, and is no no more than one expects!

Yes I read what you'd written buddy. You want Norwich City to automatically cancel my season ticket and refund the money. You then said Norwich City should cancel my season ticket as a matter of conscience. I've continually said that I want to carry on paying. 

I am not trying to be clever just telling you how it is from my perspective.

You're very unpleasant but I'll put that down to the pressure of the times.

1) I’m not your buddy and do not want to be.

2) where exactly do I state I want NCFC to cancel your ticket, and refund the money.

3) your perspective doesn’t bother me at all and you are far from clever!

4) “I then said NCFC should cancel your season ticket” Really. I think what I suggested was that other clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs  had actually suspended season ticket renewals and sales. 

5) if I was as half as unpleasant as you I would be worried!  Bending your facts to suit a message board that it appears you think you own, as well as a  football club, leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll put that down to the pressure of the times!

The Dutch prime minister has announced there is to be no professional football until the 1st September on the advice of their science advisors. Their season is now over.

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JF said:

The Dutch prime minister has announced there is to be no professional football until the 1st September on the advice of their science advisors. Their season is now over.

Prem must be crapping themselves.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Prem must be crapping themselves.

Clubs are meeting Friday to try and work out their plans on how this season is concluded. Void, current positions standing ect. What will be interesting is what routes different countries take to this. Holland’s science advisors have said no football whatsoever, even behind closed doors till September. Considering ours allowed Cheltenham to go ahead I’m expecting a full capacity Old Trafford in June...

Edited by JF

NCFC could at least except that the game is up on their unique away match tax and refund that.

Both seasons would be good given we got only 6 goals and who knows what we will get on the road next year.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

NCFC could at least except that the game is up on their unique away match tax and refund that.

Both seasons would be good given we got only 6 goals and who knows what we will get on the road next year.

We only pay when we're winning!!

On 20/04/2020 at 17:45, City 2nd said:

. And with Boris stating they are unlikely to lift the lockdown, but modify it, I do not see football back  on the calendar for many many months, regardless of what the FA or Eufa  (whose heads are up their a***s) say. Their ridiculous haranguing is nothing short of ridiculous.

many, many months ?

three weeks on from that and the go ahead has now been given

funny old world. innit ?

ps ' Their ridiculous haranguing is nothing short of ridiculous.' an astute bit of reasoning that 🤪

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Serie A has announced the plan to restart on June 13, subject to government approval. The aim is to complete the 12 remaining rounds of league matches, plus the semi-final and final of the cup, by August 2, which is exactly 50 days from start to finish.

Ambitious.

From what I gather from this it seems like it may  not start or will struggle 

On 21/04/2020 at 12:54, JF said:

LOL

Wave 2 will have hit by then and the legal wranglings will have barely begun.

42 minutes ago, JF said:

From what I gather from this it seems like it may  not start or will struggle 

Yep, I agree. The sports minister Spadafora has argued that they aren't closing an entire supermarket if a cashier gets the virus, so why are they insisting on quarantining an entire squad if one player gets it? I guess the response would be that a supermarket doesn't send its staff across the country to mix with the staff of another supermarket, but it just shows that there are still several hurdles to overcome before there's a restart. 

• Like 1

More from Italy:

The Ultras groups are all dead against the restart, with a selection of banners springing up over the last few days protesting against various issues surrounding it. 

Here are just some of them; there are plenty more.

Sampdoria: "FIGC, umpteenth demonstration... For you, only the money and television count. Stop the championship"

Taranto: "For football, there's the swab for the Ultras. Behind closed doors is repression"

Lecce: "How can you celebrate a goal when there are still coffins to count?"

Crotone: "The only state where money prevails; for respect of the victims you shouldn't play"

Torino: "The true virus to defeat is you that want to return to play", "Thousands of dead in every city, but you think about the recovery of Serie A"

Atalanta: "You want to forget our pain... but without its people it doesn't make sense to return to play"

FB_IMG_1589400206978.jpg

FB_IMG_1589399769174.jpg

FB_IMG_1589400357974.jpg

FB_IMG_1589400253930.jpg

FB_IMG_1589399757537.jpg

FB_IMG_1589400599533.jpg

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 18:36, City 2nd said:

1) I’m not your buddy and do not want to be.

2) where exactly do I state I want NCFC to cancel your ticket, and refund the money.

3) your perspective doesn’t bother me at all and you are far from clever!

4) “I then said NCFC should cancel your season ticket” Really. I think what I suggested was that other clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs  had actually suspended season ticket renewals and sales. 

5) if I was as half as unpleasant as you I would be worried!  Bending your facts to suit a message board that it appears you think you own, as well as a  football club, leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll put that down to the pressure of the times!

Bravo. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bravo. 

Blimey! Even more hate runs deep...

They're still taking mine👍🙃

I think others can cancel still...

Edited by nutty nigel