Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Codger's quiz..

Six goalkeepers replaced Kevin Keelan during his Norwich City career. August 1963 to February 1980. Can you name them?

Roger Hansbury

Sandy Kennon

Geoff Barnard

Peter Vasper

Mervyn Cawston

Clive Baker

I saw everyone of them play and I claim my £5

Edited by Making Plans

As I was born in 1962 the only two I knew were Hansbury and Baker. My abiding memory of Baker (unfortunately) will always be that 6-0 defeat at Man City in the FA Cup. A bad day all round, a police horse trod on my foot, we conceded 6 and of course Kevin Reeves and John Bond had just moved to Man City.......

37 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Roger Hansbury

Sandy Kennon

Geoff Barnard

Peter Vasper

Mervyn Cawston

Clive Baker

I saw everyone of them play and I claim my £5

Someone has been looking on an NCFC Facebook page. 😛

MP called it. I didn't put it up on a NCFC Facebook page it went on Marion for SOTB.

Here are the pictures..

Edited by nutty nigel

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Someone has been looking on an NCFC Facebook page. 😛

Nope don't do that stuff but I do have a collection of things called books

13 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Nope don't do that stuff but I do have a collection of things called books

That's just as bad - these things are supposed to be knowledge/memory  tests - not "look it up in books" tests!

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That's just as bad - these things are supposed to be knowledge/memory  tests - not "look it up in books" tests!

As far as I can see there were no rules attached to the question.

To be honest, which I was, anybody can look these things up and make out they didn't.

When I was a kid I used to bike to Trowse to watch training. Roger Hanbury used to take his dog with him. I even saw it tied to a goal post once

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

When I was a kid I used to bike to Trowse to watch training. Roger Hanbury used to take his dog with him. I even saw it tied to a goal post once

I love memories like these.🙃

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I love memories like these.🙃

My main memory of those days was how much it changed when Ron Saunders arrived. When I first used to go the kids ran around more than the players😂

15 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

MP called it. I didn't put it up on a NCFC Facebook page it went on Marion for SOTB.

Here are the pictures..

FB_IMG_1586732331252.thumb.jpg.8f65f0a33a5d34ee0aaa9ba89a55885d.jpg

I knew i had seen the question somewhere Nutty within the last few days.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We used to walk down to Trowse to watch training when Ron Saunders was manager, my favourites were Kevin Keelan, David Cross, Graham Paddon and Duncan Forbes.........

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

We used to walk down to Trowse to watch training when Ron Saunders was manager, my favourites were Kevin Keelan, David Cross, Graham Paddon and Duncan Forbes.........

Duncan was a lovely man😥

• Like 1

I was in NZ in 1980 when we played the National side. A few expats at the game and I chatted to some of the players before the game and again at Auckland airport the next morning as they were flying off somewhere and I was flying back to Wellington.

The NZ crowd were desperate to see Martin Peters and he was flying in from Oz and they didn't know if he would make it in time. Luckily he did.

Funny thing, Newmarket Park in Auckland was the NZ home ground and a few days later thee main stand collapsed after torrential weather and was never used for football again.

Duncan Forbes certainly was a great bloke who always had time for us fans. He was chuffed to bits that my son was also called Duncan and used to say "hello little Dunc this is big Dunc" 

I never did tell him I ran Martin Peter by Mrs nutty first...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a team photo from the early time I went to Carrow Road. How many can you name?

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Back Foggo, Howard, ???, Stringer, Keelan, Black ? , ??? Front, ???, Manning, ???, Curran, Forbes

Agree with all those CK. I think Ken Mallender is between Manning and Curran.

First left sitting down is a tricky one. Looks very much like someone I saw score a goal in Scotland in the long-forgotten Texaco Trophy but the chronology with some of the other players isn't right. And I think the player on Keelan's left is not Black but someone else, now sadly dead.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

First left sitting down is a tricky one. Looks very much like someone I saw score a goal in Scotland in the long-forgotten Texaco Trophy but the chronology with some of the other players isn't right. And I think the player on Keelan's left is not Black but someone else, now sadly dead.

You mean firstly Neil O'Donnell and lastly Terry Anderson but you knew that i suspect Purple.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You mean firstly Neil O'Donnell and lastly Terry Anderson but you knew that i suspect Purple.

Yes, and it is O'Donnell. He must have been very young and starting out in the first team when that pic was taken. The goal was away at St Johnstone. And now having peeped I know the identity of the player between Howard and Stringer. Not easy.