Sign in to follow this  
MagicMikeyB - Bristol Canary

Give Earnshaw a chance!!!

I think we shouldnt jump on the rubbish signing band wagon until we see what earnshaw can do for us! If we can play to his strengths and play with two wingers we might stand a chance. Earnshaw scored 52 goals for cardiff in two seasons. I think we are a better team than cardiff.

What bandwagon? Earnshaw is a quality signing and to get him was great..

ask yourself who could we got who was for sale better?

I think if fans our upset when we sign someone of his quality then we have got problems.

I 2nd that?

I dont think he has dodgy hamstrings or a groin strain so he should be ok to bang a debut hat trick against the lot from portaloo rd on sunday.Zip it! [:#]

He sounds like a good ''un to me. Go on Robbie crack one in on Sunday, let''s see Carrow Road erupt in frenzied celebration!

Earnshaw certainly is not rubbish. The guy is proven at this level and if 14 goals at prem level isn''t quality then I really don''t know what is. Great signing by the board. The guy does need service, thats what worries me. The last five weeks we look a team who devoid their strikers of the ball.

Reports of Etuhu are slightly more encouraging and maybe alongside Safri he will develop. We''ll see.

I think we all know the season is up. Worthy has to play the youngsters so they have some idea of the expectations for next season. Maybe not on Sunday but you do worry on his realiance on loans and the chequebook to fill a gap in the squad.

Yeah I''m gutted that we weren''t good enough this season for Ashton to want to stay but for our budget I couldn''t imagine anyone better than Earnie. He did, however, miss a number of sitters when West Brom played us last season that should have seen them beat us. But then Ashton went for ages this season without scoring.

I think the majority of fans are pleased by the signing and will certainly give Earnshaw the chance to prove himself. I think it''s the loan signings that this should apply too. Many fans had already written them off as cloggers before they had even signed. I think they could surprise a few of us if we give them the opportunity to do so!!

My only concern is that with Ernie being the proven goalscorer that he is whether he will be able to carry it on for us.  Support and quality midfield/wing play has got to improve drastically for us to ever reap the rewards that his obvious goalscoring talent can provide.  Like we have all said a thousand times on here - we could have Ronaldo up front for us and his game would suffer due to the rubbish that is behind him.  Lets hope that the team can play to his strengths and not just lump balls up to him in the hope that they land in a bit of spare space for him to run onto.  I live in hope but am very wary that quality up front is not matched with quality behind him.  Does anybody think that with Ernie up front on Tues it would have made a difference to the Reading score.  I certainly dont.