Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Is there a D/D deferral plan?

Many supporters, and in particular season ticket holders, pay the club for their season ticket by D/D.

Whilst the club state they will make ticket refunds should games not be played, or they are to be played behind closed doors, like many other institutions (Mortgage deferrals etc etc etc) why have the club not suspended D/D  monthly payments for season tickets. There will be many in the same position of not working, and indeed some not even receiving ANY assistance until June from the Govt. schemes! 

Those who are fortunate enough to be Furloughed themselves and only receiving  80% pay, or indeed are receiving full pay, may well struggle to meet any payment to a football club now or in the future due to this pandemic. Many may even end up unemployed!

Is this an own goal by the club, will football be an essential to those in this position? Are the club right not to follow banks, mortgage providers etc in not offering payment holidays?

The club have stated that D.D's will be taken but if you have difficulty paying to contact them.

13 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Fish not biting today chap 😁

Having looked further down the page Rivvo i see exactly what you mean so goodness knows why he did not edit the thread title as the post is word for word the same.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Having looked further down the page Rivvo i see exactly what you mean so goodness knows why he did not edit the thread title as the post is word for word the same.

Tried to delete it but it wouldn’t let me!

Just now, City 2nd said:

And thank you very much for the answer I was trying to obtain. 

I think i saw it on a Facebook screenshot a week or so ago from somebody who had asked the club via e-mail your same question. It is a tricky one if you have financial problems caused by coronavirus because if they allow you to take a payment holiday of say circa £50 a month once things get back to normal that £50 will increase substantially in order that you catch up for next season.

35 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Is this an own goal by the club, will football be an essential to those in this position? Are the club right not to follow banks, mortgage providers etc in not offering payment holidays?

The thing is that this is not a mortgage, its a payment plan. The banks know you have the value of your house as security and so have no problem extending the timescale of your mortgage. 

Probably more important to keep on top of what you have paid as DD payers pay so far in advance. Should this season be cancelled and/or the start of next delayed it could get rather messy.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Probably more important to keep on top of what you have paid as DD payers pay so far in advance. Should this season be cancelled and/or the start of next delayed it could get rather messy.

This has crossed my mind too.
Can anybody confirm what date was the last payment taken for the 2019/20 season was taken (so anyhing after was for the 2020/21 season)?

5 minutes ago, scoop said:

Can anybody confirm what date was the last payment taken for the 2019/20 season was taken (so anyhing after was for the 2020/21 season)?

The last payment was February

52 minutes ago, scoop said:

As ricardo has just said the last payment for 2019/20 was February so the one taken at the end of March is the first for 2020/21.

And this thread shows how greedy the payers are. Fans genuinely struggling to pay their monthly DD. The players stalling over taking a pay cut on their substantial salery. 

Not really CF the club has alteady said it will suspend DDs if anyone  is struggling financially and refunds will be offered should there be no more games. It doesn't really make sense to defer payments as you could end up paying them all in one go.

The point about players not taking a pay cut is that it's not helping the club, it's not to the detriment of supporters.