Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Worthy's comments in the Express today!!!

I had mixed reactions when I saw Worthy''s comments in the Express today! There was quite a long article about us signing Earnshaw (he looks like a Hobbit Chav in the photo!!) and his plight at West Brom etc etc! Worthys stated at the end of the article that: ''I''m just glad that we sent all the documents through to the football League before the end of the Reading game, otherwise Rob might have changed his mind!'' I know a lot of people on here were worried about that and personally I think it''s a bit sad if Worthy finds that a joking matter. I was embarrassed by Tuesday''s game and am getting a little fed up with Worthy''s comments. Yes of course you need to keep an element of humour in the game but I wasn''t too impressed with that comment.

It also made me laugh that in a separate column entitled Spend or go down, Steve, Worthy said to Coppell and Reading that ''they will have to add the same amount of quality to what they already have in the team. The basic requirement will be for them to spend money in the close season!'' Hmmm! Can''t help but feel that Worthy isn''t the best placed to give advice!

Take both your points here Alex. Not the time for Worthington to be flippant and Reading have a ready made team to at least give the Prem a go as per Wigan. I don''t remember us putting in their length of run or playing sides off the park too often.