Sign in to follow this  
pete

PL Billion £ loss for PL if season lost?

1 hour ago, pete said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52191973

See article from BBC

Surely there will be money lost even if the season is not lost.  Lets see the figures for this scenario.

That's the loss in revenue, but there also cost savings too to deduct from that before you know what the actual financial loss is. 

We lose some gate receipts for example, but we save on private jets and luxury hotel rooms.

I'm guessing Tim Krul isn't getting his clean sheet bonus, and Teemu Pukki isn't getting his goal bonus. Etc. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I semingly forgot about the £750m they are reputedly to save from the £37.5m they will clawback from each of the 20 PL clubs.  This equates to 1/4 of the PL fee paid to the clubs.  I understand this has been considered.  And as not played to a finish perhaps the payments for finishing places might also not be paid enabling PL to trouser another £200m or similar figure.

So perhaps not as damaging financially as it seems.

The key phrase is "could". Time for them to put the facts out there or it's just more self serving spin. 

If we had been bought by a stinking rich Chinese owner we would be in a good position now

The ownership of the stowmarket 2 is really shown for what it is during this crisis

delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in 

35 minutes ago, pete said:

I semingly forgot about the £750m they are reputedly to save from the £37.5m they will clawback from each of the 20 PL clubs.  This equates to 1/4 of the PL fee paid to the clubs.  I understand this has been considered.  And as not played to a finish perhaps the payments for finishing places might also not be paid enabling PL to trouser another £200m or similar figure.

So perhaps not as damaging financially as it seems.

You are double counting @pete, the PL is a membership organisation and the guy from the PL was talking about to total loss to the member clubs e.g. £750m lost TV money + £250m lost matchday revenue if the season is voided.

But this is not divided equally, hence fag packet calculations of £15m from us, and £50m from Burnley

Edited by BigFish