Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Are we all happier bunnies now?

.....or is it just my imagination? I certainly feel a good deal more happy with the signing of Earnie. I began to feel a bit despondent when Ashton was sold and it looked a bit as though nobody was coming in to replace him. But, happy days! we have 3 new faces at Carrow Road.  Now all we need is a resounding victory on Sunday, then all of Norfolk and one or two places beyond will have plenty to smile about for the rest of the week. Send those carthorses back down the A140 with nothing, City

[quote user="stephen nobbs"].....or is it just my imagination? I certainly feel a good deal more happy with the signing of Earnie. I began to feel a bit despondent when Ashton was sold and it looked a bit as though nobody was coming in to replace him. But, happy days! we have 3 new faces at Carrow Road.  Now all we need is a resounding victory on Sunday, then all of Norfolk and one or two places beyond will have plenty to smile about for the rest of the week. Send those carthorses back down the A140 with nothing, City[/quote]

I''m very happy about the signing and slightly more optimistic about the rest of the season but was brought back down to earth by the Reading result. I''m enjoying the fact we''ve signed a good striker but am staying realistic about the overall plight of the club!! Before I get slated I''m not moaning or being miserable, I just think it is unrealistic to expect Earnshaw to single handedly solve all our problems. After all I don''t see it''s advanced us much from prior to Ashton''s departure!! The loan signings may prove to be shrewd investments though!!!

I am not especially happy or satisfied.

Some time ago I advocated selling Ashton and consolidating.

We sold Ashton for a very good fee (and I think he will be very good for West Ham who won''t regret the money paid).

Then what have we done? Kept a small squad, not bought in a like replacement for Ashton but another support striker whilst failing to address the imbalances in the squad.

Add to this our dismal form, poor tactics and motivation and I see an opportunity lost to refresh, revitalise and re-balance the squad.

It is like taking your motor in for a service, failing to have any of the necessary work done and opting for a new in car hi-fi system instead.

I wanted to see some well found young talent we can develop ready for a promotion push next year, no chance.

And on top of this there is pressure on Earnshaw to make a difference; when in reality it needs more than a new striker.