Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

What do you make of this then

Re Zesh Rehman

In the Pink Un article Worthy says, and I quote "Zesh can play at centre-half and central midfield - that''s where he''s played most of his games for Fulham"

Most of his games ?

Earlier in the article it says, and again I quote "Rehman - an England Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 international - has been limited to just five first-team appearances for the Cottagers"

Then Worthy says "“We''ve watched Zesh and he''s done very well"

So they''ve watched him a maximum of 5 times - obviously then not a lot of research has gone into this signing !!

No wonder Worthy makes such bad decisions in the transfer market.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Re Zesh Rehman

In the Pink Un article Worthy says, and I quote "Zesh can play at centre-half and central midfield - that''s where he''s played most of his games for Fulham"

Most of his games ?

Earlier in the article it says, and again I quote "Rehman - an England Under-18, Under-19 and Under-20 international - has been limited to just five first-team appearances for the Cottagers"

So they''ve watched him a maximum of 5 times - obviously then not a lot of research has gone into this signing !!

[/quote]

And why couldn''t they have watched him playing for Fulham reserves or maybe you didn''t think of that?

No wonder you make such bad posts when you don''t know what you''re talking about.

I think that''s 5 starts, plus 2 subs, this season. He played for them last year too (including Carrow Road), but I don''t know how many times.

Rehman has played most of his football in the Premiership Reserve league, meaning he played against prem. quality players week-in week-out. Unlike our own reserves, who had to unfortunately play against, shall we say lesser quality sides for best part of nine years. I think this was a major factor in the club not producing the standard of player coming through the ranks, that we have been used too.

Once again, too much hole picking, and not looking for the posatives.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Making Plans"]

Re Zesh Rehman

Most of his games ?

[/quote]

And why couldn''t they have watched him playing for Fulham reserves or maybe you didn''t think of that?

No wonder you make such bad posts when you don''t know what you''re talking about.

[/quote]

well if thats the case why does worthy make such poor decisions in the transfer market?

Come on Making Plans give it a rest lets get behind the manager and team now that we have bolstered the line up and have the derby on Sunday. Stop looking out for any random opportunity to slide the knife into Worthy ... Rehman has only been brought in on loan and you haven''t even seen him in the skin yet! I imagine posters like you and Rankin would say it was Worthy''s fault everytime it rains on the city.

---------------------------------------------------

Support the team when the team most need your support

[quote user="Congo Canary"]

Rehman has played most of his football in the Premiership Reserve league, meaning he played against prem. quality players week-in week-out. Unlike our own reserves, who had to unfortunately play against, shall we say lesser quality sides for best part of nine years. I think this was a major factor in the club not producing the standard of player coming through the ranks, that we have been used too.

[/quote]

Why does everyone have this assumption that just because a player has been playing in the "premier league reserves" that they are any good? Surely if they were that good they wouldn''t BE in the reserves - I mean lets take some examples. I''m sure Elvis Hammond spent plenty of time playing in the "Premier" reserves, as did Carl Robinson and no doubt Johansson too. Just because they''re in the Premier reserves doesn''t mean they''re up against Premier quality players. More likely, this is where managers drop their Championship cast-offs to once they win promotion...

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Congo Canary"]

[/quote]

Why does everyone have this assumption that just because a player has been playing in the "premier league reserves" that they are any good? Surely if they were that good they wouldn''t BE in the reserves - I mean lets take some examples. I''m sure Elvis Hammond spent plenty of time playing in the "Premier" reserves, as did Carl Robinson and no doubt Johansson too. Just because they''re in the Premier reserves doesn''t mean they''re up against Premier quality players. More likely, this is where managers drop their Championship cast-offs to once they win promotion...

[/quote]

Following this logic we wouldn''t have signed players like Bowen, Crook, Huckerby etc., who were all good players and in the reserves when we paid for them.

Be a bit more open minded in the future, it''ll do you good.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Congo Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Following this logic we wouldn''t have signed players like Bowen, Crook, Huckerby etc., who were all good players and in the reserves when we paid for them.

Be a bit more open minded in the future, it''ll do you good.

[/quote]

Its the guys whom are playing unspectacuarly in the championship that have been the poorest buys.

What colour is the Old Catton ''village sign'' barrel, that the cat is sitting on  in Church St Squitty?

Do you class yourself as open minded or blinkered ''Squittster?''

Are you open to constructive criticsm?

Do you think that maybe you''re obstinate and set in your ways?

Has anything done you good?  ;~)

"Why does everyone have this assumption that just because a player has been playing in the "premier league reserves" that they are any good? Surely if they were that good they wouldn''t BE in the reserves - I mean lets take some examples. I''m sure Elvis Hammond spent plenty of time playing in the "Premier" reserves, as did Carl Robinson and no doubt Johansson too. Just because they''re in the Premier reserves doesn''t mean they''re up against Premier quality players. More likely, this is where managers drop their Championship cast-offs to once they win promotion..."

True, playing in the Premier Reserves doesn''t mean that he is premier quality. My point was, that, because he was playing for much of this season in a reserve team, it doesn''t mean to say that he is no good. I was drawing the comparison between playing against Premiership reserve sides each week, against quality opposition, compaired with reserve team football that we had to put up with, when you could be upto 3 or 4 weeks without a game, and playing teams from lower divisions that struggled to get a side together. You only have to look at recent results from our reserves this term, to see just how big the gulf is. As for," this is where managers drop their Championship cast-offs to once they win promotion...,"
Established premier clubs don''t keep cast off''s. With squad sizes generally smaller than they used to be, they are at least expected to do the job when called upon.

The very heart of my point was, just because they were signed by Worthington, it seems that they are instantly low quality players, which seems to be the general consensus of alot of people on this board.

And before you say it, no i''m not pro Worthy, i just think the new players which includes Etuthu, and Robinson should be given a fair crack of the whip before being crucified.

What colour is the Old Catton ''village sign'' barrel, that the cat is sitting on  in Church St Squitty?

I''m a bit red/green colour blind but I''ll say its a reddish brown.

Do you class yourself as open minded or blinkered ''Squittster?''

I''m definately open minded, if you want blinkered speak to Paul Rankin.

Are you open to constructive criticsm?

Yes, every time I have an appraisal, I enjoy constructive criticism but I doubt I''ll ever see any on this board.

Do you think that maybe you''re obstinate and set in your ways?

No, see below.

Has anything done you good?  ;~)

Yes, I had back problems and someone suggested an alternative therapy which I was sceptical about but it worked, if anyone else is having any health problems I suggest they investigate The Bowen (not Mark) Technique.

[quote user="Congo Canary"]

"Why does everyone have this assumption that just because a player has been playing in the "premier league reserves" that they are any good? Surely if they were that good they wouldn''t BE in the reserves - I mean lets take some examples. I''m sure Elvis Hammond spent plenty of time playing in the "Premier" reserves, as did Carl Robinson and no doubt Johansson too. Just because they''re in the Premier reserves doesn''t mean they''re up against Premier quality players. More likely, this is where managers drop their Championship cast-offs to once they win promotion..."

True, playing in the Premier Reserves doesn''t mean that he is premier quality. My point was, that, because he was playing for much of this season in a reserve team, it doesn''t mean to say that he is no good. I was drawing the comparison between playing against Premiership reserve sides each week, against quality opposition, compaired with reserve team football that we had to put up with, when you could be upto 3 or 4 weeks without a game, and playing teams from lower divisions that struggled to get a side together. You only have to look at recent results from our reserves this term, to see just how big the gulf is. As for," this is where managers drop their Championship cast-offs to once they win promotion...,"
Established premier clubs don''t keep cast off''s. With squad sizes generally smaller than they used to be, they are at least expected to do the job when called upon.

The very heart of my point was, just because they were signed by Worthington, it seems that they are instantly low quality players, which seems to be the general consensus of alot of people on this board.

And before you say it, no i''m not pro Worthy, i just think the new players which includes Etuthu, and Robinson should be given a fair crack of the whip before being crucified.

[/quote]

Trinidad mate!! - its dismal here in norwich [li] - i bet yout livin it up in the sun!!!!  [ip]

No unfortunately. Sitting here in not so sunny Gorleston freezing me nads off! Back away next week though, so at least i''m home for the derby. First one i''ve been home for in the last 12 years or so.

Hoping for big things![B][:)]

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Come on Making Plans give it a rest lets get behind the manager and team now that we have bolstered the line up and have the derby on Sunday. Stop looking out for any random opportunity to slide the knife into Worthy ... Rehman has only been brought in on loan and you haven''t even seen him in the skin yet! I imagine posters like you and Rankin would say it was Worthy''s fault everytime it rains on the city.

---------------------------------------------------

Support the team when the team most need your support

[/quote]

Well, where do I start with my reply to your reply KP.

1. Lets get behind the Manager and Team - I''ve had it up to here with "getting behind the manager and team" - I did this all last season and again at the start of this season, enough is enough.

2. Bolstered the line up - please explain how selling our best player is bolstering the line up.

3. The derby on Sunday - I thought it was Saturday but nevermind. This is the trouble with you KTF brigade - nevermind all the crap we''ve had to endure for the last 18 months, as long as we beat the Scum then everything is fine. I will agree however that this is all we now have left to look forward to this season, which I suppose just about sums up how low we''ve sunk.

4. Stop looking for any random opportunity - Random ? I don''t have to look for them as they''re all there starring me in the face - league position, goal difference, wins in the last 18 months, quality of performances, signings, motivation, FA Cup record, team spirit, tactics, team selection, substitutions - I could go on but hopefully you''ve got the picture by now.

5. Rehman has only been brought in on loan - which suggests to me that there must be some doubt about him.

6. You haven''t even seen him in the skin yet - is he not getting a shirt then ?

7. I imagine posters like you would say it was Worthy''s fault everytime it rains on the city - No, I''m only judging Worthy on his record, not on his effectivness at doing rain dances, even though if we gave him that job then there would probably be a hose pipe ban tomorrow.