Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Prime Minister in ITU

19 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

This Amanda Holden ? 

5222C8F3-F674-412C-B9A3-5CFAF831B9DF.jpeg

Careful FF or City1st will accuse you of posting photos of half naked teenage girls.

Edited by TIL 1010

On 07/04/2020 at 12:45, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

It was inevitable I guess; there are some on here whose hate runs deep.

Think I need a break from this place.

Stay safe all.

well. that didn't last long

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

well. that didn't last long

Well Disco's absence wasn't enforced.....What about yours?...... 

He's out of ICU but remaining in hospital. Good news that he's on the mend, hopefully past the dangerous stage.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 3

Don't like him or what he stands for but still really nice to see him getting better. Don't care what anyone says we have to have a leader.🍾

Am I allowed to give him abuse now or should I give it a couple of days?😉

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'd hangfire a bit Herman, he might have a relapse.

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not yet but surely the first question should be as so many of the key players caught the virus at the same time did they not practice what was being preached?

• Like 1

How long will his honeymoon be? Could be a couple of weeks as the doughty hero returns to the fray...

The abuse should be slowl

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

I recon you should introduce it gradually, a bit like coming out of lockdown

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

Ha! What is true is that somebody, Johnson, or Gove or Raab or Dylan the dog, needs to take control of the government, because different cabinet ministers are sending out contradictory messages about what's allowed and not allowed in the lockdown.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Ha! What is true is that somebody, Johnson, or Gove or Raab or Dylan the dog, needs to take control of the government, because different cabinet ministers are sending out contradictory messages about what's allowed and not allowed in the lockdown.

Which ones?

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Which ones?

The whole message this week, and again from Raab today, has been how Easter must not be used to flout the regulations and how  they need to be maintained and be toughly enforced, particularly with regard to staying indoors. So Patel (probably one of the things the government had got right was keeping her locked away from the public gaze) turns up today to accuse the police of being over-zealous, not least in how they might check whether motorists are justified in being on the road, thus undercutting enforcement.

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

The whole message this week, and again from Raab today, has been how Easter must not be used to flout the regulations and how  they need to be maintained and be toughly enforced, pand Patel (probably one of the things the government had got right was keeping her locked away from the public gaze) turns up today to accuse the police of being over-zealous, thus undercutting enforcement.

I look forward every day to reading John Crace because he just gives me a laugh or two. Not a bad effort today either though not at his most scorching best:

A woman's place appears to be anywhere but the Downing Street press briefing

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/09/raab-patel-downing-street-press-briefing-women?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The whole message this week, and again from Raab today, has been how Easter must not be used to flout the regulations and how  they need to be maintained and be toughly enforced, particularly with regard to staying indoors. So Patel (probably one of the things the government had got right was keeping her locked away from the public gaze) turns up today to accuse the police of being over-zealous, not least in how they might check whether motorists are justified in being on the road, thus undercutting enforcement.

I’ve not heard Patel’s comments, certainly Raab was clear today and as you said he was reaffirming the message that’s been sent out all week so no inconsistency there. I presume Patel was referring to remarks made by a Chief Constable, that I referred to on the other thread, about possibly checking the contents of people’s shopping trolleys? If that is the case and she was trying to discourage overzealous enforcement then that’s fine by me, we need to keep a sense of proportion in this, but I don’t know exactly what comments you are referring to.

• Like 1

The cabinet minister Robert Jenrick is facing questions after travelling to visit his parents at the weekend, despite repeatedly urging the public to stay at home during the lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus.

The Guardian has established that the housing, communities and local government secretary – who has made media appearances urging people to save lives by remaining in their properties even if tempted to see loved ones – went to see his parents at their Shropshire home, 40 miles by road from his own.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

The cabinet minister Robert Jenrick is facing questions after travelling to visit his parents at the weekend, despite repeatedly urging the public to stay at home during the lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus.

The Guardian has established that the housing, communities and local government secretary – who has made media appearances urging people to save lives by remaining in their properties even if tempted to see loved ones – went to see his parents at their Shropshire home, 40 miles by road from his own.

Another one. 

20 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I’ve not heard Patel’s comments, certainly Raab was clear today and as you said he was reaffirming the message that’s been sent out all week so no inconsistency there. I presume Patel was referring to remarks made by a Chief Constable, that I referred to on the other thread, about possibly checking the contents of people’s shopping trolleys? If that is the case and she was trying to discourage overzealous enforcement then that’s fine by me, we need to keep a sense of proportion in this, but I don’t know exactly what comments you are referring to.

As you have just posted, one of the most-emphasized points is that people must not drive to places outside their immediate area without really good cause, and going to a second home, for example, certainly doesn’t qualify.

So how are the police to check on motorists? By stopping them, at roadblocks, of course.How else? So what does genius Patel today say the police must not do? They must not use roadblocks to stop motorists to see if they are flouting this order not to travel unnecessarily...

I don’t believe the legislation gives the police power to set up road blocks. So if that’s what she said she was right. 

“National Police Chiefs Council and the College of Policing guidance says there is no power to "stop and account" - where an officer stops someone and asks where they are going - and says road checks on every vehicle are "disproportionate"

Talking of Patel, she just took this opportunity to sneak out her immigration rules. Some of those people who are being clapped? They don't earn enough to stay by the looks of it. 

43 minutes ago, Herman said:

Talking of Patel, she just took this opportunity to sneak out her immigration rules. Some of those people who are being clapped? They don't earn enough to stay by the looks of it. 

Hopeless!!

9 hours ago, Herman said:

They’re reporting he went to deliver medicines to them as they’re self isolating and he maintained social distancing, presumably if there’s no one nearer to help then it’s ok? Although my wife is a volunteer and she’s only had one call this week to deliver prescriptions so surely they should use that ?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/uk-presses-points-based-immigration-plan-pandemic-200409153724281.html

Only being reported in Aljazeera at the moment, the British press need to do some catching up!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

54 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Hopeless!!

For the record whereas I have many deep misgivings about Johnsson he clearly has charisma in his comical manner and I suspect tends to be given a free pass even by his critics in the question of the 'virus'.

Patel is exactly the opposite. A truly divisive and often disliked figure who can never earn the respect or bring the country together. A liability. 

• Like 2