Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pete

Gordon Taylor to take pay cut

Recommended Posts

Not really only joking but this parasite who has exploited his position for far too long would be too greedy to do anything magnanimous.  Still banging on about his poor union members giving up anything from their multi million salaries.  Players seem to agree some wage restraint is a possibility.

FA have however agreed those on £50k take 7.5% cut at least its a gesture.  Unsure if anyone at FA worth it.  Gareth Southgate to take 30% cut good on him someone taking charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Have you taken a pay cut Pete? 

Haven't heard from Jacob Rees-Mogg for a while either. But the banks in tax havens don't always give early access to your money so let's give him a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete said:

Not really only joking but this parasite who has exploited his position for far too long would be too greedy to do anything magnanimous.  Still banging on about his poor union members giving up anything from their multi million salaries.  Players seem to agree some wage restraint is a possibility.

FA have however agreed those on £50k take 7.5% cut at least its a gesture.  Unsure if anyone at FA worth it.  Gareth Southgate to take 30% cut good on him someone taking charge.

How many PFA members are multi-millionaires?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

How many PFA members are multi-millionaires?

 

Any player earning 30K a week on a 3 year contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Any player earning 30K a week on a 3 year contract?

More to the point, how much of a pay cut have the Merchant Bankers taken? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

More to the point, how much of a pay cut have the Merchant Bankers taken? 

The oligarchs, the tax exiles, the tax dodgers, the party donors, the hedge funders. These people must be laughing their arses off as we target footballers with our ire.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More to the point, how much of a pay cut have the Merchant Bankers taken? 

Well if we could get to them we would. In fact many would be out of business if I had my way. When the mere use of someone elses money is seen as better than the graft of a carpenter or printer then we will never get this world right.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

More to the point, how much of a pay cut have the Merchant Bankers taken? 

If by merchant bankers you mean investment bankers (the old UK meaning of the phrase, but not American), then most have taken a bloody huge one considering only a small proportion of their earnings are salary and most is performance related bonuses based on fund performance. Not seen the stock markets? 

The thing I don't get though is how you think footballers, investment bankers and CEO's taking a pay cut will benefit the fight against Coronavirus. 

I mean, I want it to happen, because its necessary to keep some businesses solvent and will probably lessen the long term economic impacts. But its not going to the NHS is it,, and actually it decreases the amount paid in tax by those individuals each month. 

If Teemu Pukki halved his salary by 50% tomorrow, how is it that people think that would save lives? Is Stuart Webber going to then donate the other 50% to the NHS? Nope, so why is this topic on the table? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Herman said:

The oligarchs, the tax exiles, the tax dodgers, the party donors, the hedge funders. These people must be laughing their arses off as we target footballers with our ire.

Footballers & tax dodgers often one and the same, didn't about 100 footballers in 2015 go bankrupt after HMRC cracked down on dodgy tax avoidance schemes? Chris Sutton was one of them. 

Alex Ferguson was caught up in that, yet tells anybody who will listen that he's a Labour man :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2020 at 00:20, TeemuVanBasten said:

If by merchant bankers you mean investment bankers (the old UK meaning of the phrase, but not American), then most have taken a bloody huge one considering only a small proportion of their earnings are salary and most is performance related bonuses based on fund performance. Not seen the stock markets? 

The thing I don't get though is how you think footballers, investment bankers and CEO's taking a pay cut will benefit the fight against Coronavirus. 

I mean, I want it to happen, because its necessary to keep some businesses solvent and will probably lessen the long term economic impacts. But its not going to the NHS is it,, and actually it decreases the amount paid in tax by those individuals each month. 

If Teemu Pukki halved his salary by 50% tomorrow, how is it that people think that would save lives? Is Stuart Webber going to then donate the other 50% to the NHS? Nope, so why is this topic on the table? 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/09/hedge-funds-raking-in-billions-during-coronavirus-crisis

I don't think you understand how financial markets work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hedge funds are different, they take short positions so can effectively bet against the economy.

And you seriously think that banks don't do that? Try watching The Big Short. A very entertaining film that tells you all you need to know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The Big Short and Margin Call. Two great films that identify the money market for just what it is.

The Big Short is a fantastic film. (The book is supposed to be better.) Margin Call is on BBC iPlayer so I will check it out.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 06/04/2020 at 17:22, dylanisabaddog said:

More to the point, how much of a pay cut have the Merchant Bankers taken? 

 

On 10/04/2020 at 16:58, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't think you understand how financial markets work 

 

And I don't think you understand what a merchant banker is, they don't trade options. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...