Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

The Question??????

So this is bound to cause a load of debate.

If we was told that a loss on sunday would lead to the removal of NW (which is very probable!)

Who would settle for a 1 goal loss at the hands of our arch enemys?

Who feels that the Binners would be doing us a major favour in the long term?

I am sure that this is playing on the minds of many at present and I am intrigued enough to ask. I feel that a loss on sunday will lead to the removal of NW and that is what the club needs, however I cannot bare the thought of losing to them. Catch 22 springs to mind as surely a win on Sunday could lead to another run of wins due to the games that follow this one. However the run of games that follow the 3 after this one could well lead to more dissapointment and yet another long run of poor results before our manager again feels the pressure. This thread will go 1 of 2 ways I imagine? There are many on here who like me wish to see the manager removed but how badly?

I am sure come sunday AM, when we hear the polluting noise coming from the Edge of the jarrold stand! our blood will boil and we will care of nothing more than destroying the opposition. However how will we reflect on the game travelling home, in the pubs and on here in the coming weeks?

Never ever wish for a defeat against the scummers.

If NW is really as close to the sack as you suggest , then he will cook his own goose in one of the 3 games that follow.The sacking can wait - beating the binmen home and away is the only prize we have left to look forward to.

Incidentally , would the board really have given him 3.5m to spend on Tuesday if they had half an eye on sacking him less than a week later ?

I believe that even if we lost every game til the end of this season, worthy would not be sacked. But if we start crap next season then he''ll be gone by the end of Sept.  Guarantee it.

[quote user="Ian Farrow"]

So this is bound to cause a load of debate.

If we was told that a loss on sunday would lead to the removal of NW (which is very probable!)

Who would settle for a 1 goal loss at the hands of our arch enemys?

[/quote]No debate here.Any alleged fan of Norwich City hoping we lose against the scum should be tarred, feathered and chased over the border where they belong.End of.

Precisely Alex, whatever we think about the hideous non-season we''re having and who is the main point of blame for that (and writing as one who voted in the EEN poll for NW to stay but the longer we go on the more I think I may have been wrong), of course I want City to win, and never ever  do I want us to do anything but hammer the Suffolkers.

Of course when things are off-kilter badly you can end up thinking unusual or extreme things, but come on folks, ever wanting to do anything vs Ipswich but win  is simply unconscionable.

Ironic wasn''t it that last night there''s Dean coming on for his first game for West Ham as they win at Arsenal, while Bents (remember him?) scores a hat-trick on his first day as no longer an Arsenal player as Blackburn beat Man Utd again. Two Canaries recently gone to play for clubs who were in precisely the same dire spots we''ve been in not long back (how I remember coming over a year or so back to see the 1-1 draw against 10-man Blackburn, who began the game bottom of league,  what an indictment of us that turned out to be) but now making headway in the league some of us think we belong in (or did). Throw in Wigan too, where Damo scarcely gets a game now btw, and there we have three clubs who don''t seem to approach life upstairs as ''one place above relegation is the aim''. Funny how that seems to work out sometimes eh?

Herb enlightened

No debate here.
Any alleged fan of Norwich City hoping we lose against the scum should be tarred, feathered and chased over the border where they belong.
End of.

Yes, apparently Wiz used to live in Loddon and didn''t stop running until he got to Lowestoft looking like a Cock.

Much as I want a new manager, the only good thing from this season would be to complete the double on Sunday. I never want us to lose to that lot, never ever ever. So long as we stay up by scratching points here and there, provided we win on Sunday I don''t care what results we get to the end of May as we need to look to next season now and my thoughts will probably turn to getting exited about the World Cup.

As someone else said there is NO WAY that they would have let Worthy spend £2.8m on Tuesday if there had been any thought at all of sacking NW. It won''t happen this season, we can''t make it happen without seriously eroding team morale even further so lets support the team (whoever plays) for a win and hope that the Board make that managerial change in the summer.

Worthy Out but never by a loss to the Binners.

Reality is that he is here until the end of season and then probably will get another chance next yaer as he did get us to the prem and therefore is the only Manager in the world who can do so again.

[quote user="Islington Canary"]

There is no way that the board will sack Worthy.

Read the article about last nights meeting.

You only need to read two words:

Infinite patience

[/quote]

For the first time I am actually worried about the board.  Infinite patience is VERY BAD,  it just wrings to me of an all to cosy relationship.

WORTHY OUT!!!

Oi Herb!, I live over the border mate and I''m proud to be a Suffolk man!, as are many, many City supporters!.

I can see where the questioner is coming from here though.

I would hate, really hate to loose to THEM on Sunday (although I think we will because we''re that bad!) but the prospect of a Worthyless City is a very tempting offer to consider.

Upon consideration, no, I can''t wish for a binner victory.

But in the words of the Duke of Wellington at Waterloo "It was a near run thing!".[*-)]

Well, the Club spin machine has gone into overdrive and too many of you are persuaded by it.

Worthington has been hanging on with supporters (who do not have ''infinite patience'') as does not someone who runs on the pitch with a PA syastem so that line sounds very subjective to me. And he has been hanging on through a sequence of events which we all know.

The latest is ''The Derby'' which in fairness is no platform for protest: unless we lose and the emotions will take over.

I like to beat Ipswich. But in all honesty, and I don''t care who doesn''t like it, my own feelings are always that I get more pleasure out of beating the likes of Man Utd than another Club who we have more in common with than most.

For me Sunday is more important for the three points than anything else. Ipswich are a shadow of the team they have been and I do not feel the challenge like I used to. I would always prefer to be taking on a big club with associated mentality than a run of the mill Championship side and I suspect this is the problem for a lot of Norwich fans who fail to get up for the mundane matches and perhaps this is why City lack a ruthless streak.

As for Wilnis, he has only said what we would like one of our own players to say and I feel annoyed that some morons should have seen fit to send hate mail to any player. Footballers have two personas in my book. On the pitch where they are well paid and fair game and away from football where their life is theur own unless they chose otherwise. I would not like any Norwich player to be receiving hate mail.

Norwich City''s season is effectively over barring the biggest come -back since Lazarus. I want City to win every game. In reality I know the squad is ill equipped in all sorts of ways to do so and I do not want to put a burden of expectation on Earnshaw who cannot do it on his own but who can at least fire the side and supporters up with a bit of passion.

Let''s all wish for a positive performance, a win and ridiculous start time permitting, an occasion on Sunday. But let''s not be blinded by the spin. The derby matches might make one or two people''s season but it is realy what you do over the other 44 games which counts and no one is going to persuade me otherwise.

Yes, I''m sitting here reading today''s EDP and keep turning back to that page just to check I haven''t misread it. ''Infinite patience''. To quote from my dictionary: Infinite: unlimited in time or space; without end, limits or bounds, grater than any assignable quantity.