Sign in to follow this  
pete

Where does 30% go?

The players know what this is about. And to say they don't want to help their own clubs is beyond belief. It has nothing to do with the NHS. It is about helping NCFC save money over the next few weeks. And of course it is a one off. These idiots think so much of themselves they have to even question this. Is Naismith the leader?

On 05/04/2020 at 13:32, PurpleCanary said:

To add some - very rough - calculations, based on figures the Mail has produced, which estimate voiding the season would reduce our TV income from £94m to £79.5m.

With a touch of rounding up a guesstimate is that the club was banking on income of £118.5m - £95m from TV, £10m from tickets, £4.5m from catering and £9.0m from commercial.

Given that voiding would mean up losing the last five home league games, which I have rounded down to being one-quarter of the season, that would cut TV money to £80m, tickets to £7.5m, catering to £3.4m and commercial to £6.8m, giving a £20.8m drop in income to £97.7m.

I cannot stress enough how rough these calculations are (for starters they assume the club would have to refund all season ticket holders to the full, and I doubt commercial would suffer as much in proportion as the other sectors) but they give a sense of the likely consequences. The overall drop is around 17 per cent, and the non-TV income drop is 24 per cent.

The Mail has now added a chart which includes its estimates of the effect voiding would have on the non-TV money drop in income for all EPL clubs. For us it is roughly in line with the above:

Sportsmail data shows that all Premier League clubs will make losses due to coronavirus

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Mail has now added a chart which includes its estimates of the effect voiding would have on the non-TV money drop in income for all EPL clubs. For us it is roughly in line with the above:

Sportsmail data shows that all Premier League clubs will make losses due to coronavirus

Cancel it and start again! I fancy our chances of a more successful campaign.