Sign in to follow this  
Surfer

Mismanagement of CoronaVirus

A thread for the most spectacular mismanagement of mitigating the pandemic around the world.

41 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It's all footballers' fault

It's only a matter of time before Raheem Sterling gets it in the neck for coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/03/raheem-sterling-coronavirus-matt-hancock-premier-league-footballers?

Exactly, it was a very cheap shot indeed from Hancock but entirely predictable - this government has proved itself to be not just totally untrustworthy but also completely incapable of acting as grown ups even in the midst of a huge crisis.

And to return to their endemic incompetence, my daughter who is nursing on a Covid ward tells me today that although the supply of testing kits has finally improved from absolutely pitiful to very scarce (non-existant for the staff themselves) there is no noticeable benefit at all as they are having to perform the tests multiple times on patients which the doctors are already convinced have Covid but who test negative several times before they get them with a kit that actually works.

Seems that the doctors are better testing kits than the kits themselves but of course they're in incredibly short supply as well.

I really hope that Parliament somehow finds a way of forcing the Government to hold a Public Enquiry into this crisis once it is over because there is no way that these idiots should be allowed to just walk away from the mess they've created.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-coronavirus-self-isolate-travellers-uk-new-york-italy-china-a9446381.html

Home Secretary Priti Patel has been challenged to explain why travellers from coronavirus hotspots like New York are not being made to self-isolate after arriving in the UK.

Self-isolation guidance for people arriving from the Chinese city of Wuhan and Hubei province, Italy, Iran or hard-hit parts of South Korea was withdrawn by the government on 13 March and has not been replaced.

“A review of federal purchasing contracts by The Associated Press shows federal agencies waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers”

https://apnews.com/090600c299a8cf07f5b44d92534856bc

Edited by Surfer

Um no. Let the people sunbathe. Let the people exercise. Just maintain distance. 

Hancock.jpg

Republican Governor of Georgia. Accused of rigging his own election as he stood as a candidate while he was still the Secretary of State and so in charge the election.

Anyway part from that minor detail, here he is finally ordering a stay at home directive because he learned of asymptomatic spread. 

The US Center of Disease Control is based in Atlanta. About six miles from the Governor's office. Is he THAT stupid, or just ill informed?

Of course not. 

Gov Kemp.jpg

Gov KEmp 2.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Republican Governor of Florida. Has FINALLY issued a stay at home order. This is after keeping the beaches and bars and restaurants open through Spring Break. Now the virus is spreading in the retirement communities in the state ... is that what caused his action?

Except that .... we can't have any of the mega-churches covered under the rule can we? 

Go ahead, feel free to put thousands of people in the same building, shake hands, hug everyone, pass out the sacraments....  I get that religion and fellowship are important to many people ... but just for a few weeks you couldn't hold your services on-line.. ? 

Gov Santos.jpg

Edited by Surfer

45 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Republican Governor of Florida. Has FINALLY issued a stay at home order. This is after keeping the beaches and bars and restaurants open through Spring Break. Now the virus is spreading in the retirement communities in the state ... is that what caused the action?

Except that .... we can't have any of the mega-churches covered under the rule can we? 

Go ahead, fell free to put thousands of people in the same building, shake hands, hug everyone, pass out the sacraments....  I get that religion and fellowship are important to many people ... but just for a few weeks you couldn't hold your service on-line.. ? 

Gov Santos.jpg

Darwin may just have the last laugh !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Um no. Let the people sunbathe. Let the people exercise. Just maintain distance. 

Hancock.jpg

Why do you want to sunbathe, its April 5th FFS

Meanwhile.... let's blame and defund the World Health Organization.

(and ignore he said that Xi / China and WHO were doing a great job)

Should be good for a 24 hour deflection from his own incompetence. 

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Will Biden be allowed to create a compilation of these u-turns and use them during the election campaign?

May be wrong but I thought he already has - haven't seen it myself but I heard it was quite good 😀