Sign in to follow this  
Congo Canary

Zoltan Boor

Taken from Teamtalk, so how true it is i don''t know

Coca-Cola Championship sides Stoke and Norwich are tracking Hungarian midfielder Zoltan Boor, according to the player''s agent.

The 27-year-old, who plays for Vestel Manisaspor in Turkey and was recently on trial at Leeds, is hoping to secure a move within the coming week, and his English representative Sam Stapleton is preparing for talks at the Britannia Stadium and Carrow Road.

"Zoltan did very well in his trial at Leeds and was very close to signing for them," said Stapleton.

"However, he has been playing out of position for Manisaspor and was not at his best when Leeds played him on the right wing in a trial match.

"He is very highly regarded in Hungary and is the kind of player who will make the jump to the Premiership very quickly once he arrives in England."

Boor joined Manisaspor from Hungarian outfit Debrecen but the Turkish club offered him a transfer after his family struggled to settle in the country. He will though return to Manisaspor if no deal is done.

Having won 20 caps for Hungary, Boor is an experienced international but he has endured a difficult season at Manisaspor.

Following a spell playing as a forward, Boor is keen to return to his natural position on the wing - the position in which his compatriot Zoltan Gera has shone since joining West Brom.

New one on me..[:#]

The name was mentioned at the start at sheringham this evening by Brya Gunn who said that nigel would be asked about him, but it didnt materialise. Unfortunately i dont know whether or not it is rubbish.

20 caps for hungary means he must be quite good because they are a good side, i hope he is able to play right wing but would prefer a player already used to the english game

worthy said last night he doesnt trust foreigners so its unlikely to come off then...

Having just bought a Welshman Worthy probably doesn''t know that the name Wales (Cymru) means ''land of the foreigners'' from the Old English Walh(plural walas). The Anglo -Saxons (who went on to found England) used the name as a reference to the ''Celts'' who they drove west.