Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Sinani signed

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Weird to post about football.

Long term deal reported.

Good news. Details? 

Interesting, and I presume if this information is correct, then he will be able to play for us in the Premier League if the rearranged fixtures a.) happen, and b.) are played in the summer once his contract ends and he’s officially ours.

I would suggest that if the games go ahead contracts will be extended if needed ie games after 30th June

which would suggest that extension would only apply to existing contracts - not new contracts

meaning no

16 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Interesting, and I presume if this information is correct, then he will be able to play for us in the Premier League if the rearranged fixtures a.) happen, and b.) are played in the summer once his contract ends and he’s officially ours.

Not sure about that Alex. He won't have been listed in our official Premier League squad when it was last updated at the end of the January transfer window. 

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Not sure about that Alex. He won't have been listed in our official Premier League squad when it was last updated at the end of the January transfer window. 

Yeah, I hear you mate, it’s very confusing - which doesn’t take much, trust me ha ha

A lot more talk yesterday that the EPL will leave no stone unturned in their pursuit to finish the season, ‘whatever it takes’ appears to be the mantra.

Will be pleased with this if/once we get official confirmation. At the end of the day, regardless it’s the Luxembourg premier league, it’s clear he certainly has something about him, excited about this one as I was Buendiá who surprisingly came in under the radar I felt (different type of player I know).

You would hope he cannot be available, because it would allow our relegation rivals to sign players as well. Ibra to Villa, for example. They have spent so little money they must have pots left over...

At a tangent I assume we will lose Duda on June 30. I cannot imagine Hertha would want him to play on for us and risk injury when they apparently want to sell him, with a price around €25m.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

You would hope he cannot be available, because it would allow our relegation rivals to sign players as well. Ibra to Villa, for example. They have spent so little money they must have pots left over...

At a tangent I assume we will lose Duda on June 30. I cannot imagine Hertha would want him to play on for us and risk injury when they apparently want to sell him, with a price around €25m.

And this is the problem with blithely saying contracts will be extended.

I posted previously that this would require the agreement of the player involved. I imagine there are a number of foreign players in the English leagues who are going to be desperate to get home and see their families when all this ends. They might have their wife and children with them but they are going to want to see their parents and other members of their families - who would deny them that ? Of course, if they are out of contract - then there is nothing to stop them anyway.

And that is before you take account of anybody who has signed a pre-agreement to join a new club.

It's a real minefield and I don't see any solution to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

How much! Are you sure there shouldn't be a dot between the 2 and the 5?🙄🤔

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

You would think so but then if they sign but are not available, you’re left with a situation where clubs are paying large wages for players they can’t use, which isn’t ideal for anybody either. 

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

How much! Are you sure there shouldn't be a dot between the 2 and the 5?🙄🤔

I know! Just giving the figure Hertha supposedly want for him. To be fair, he is plainly talented, but not really what we needed. I can see he would play well in a different team.

Any extension to the league will bring all sorts of issues, when does the transfer window open and close, can you sign a free agent if his contract expires on or before 30th June, the U21 rule, does this become a moveable date, currently born on or after 1st Jan 1998 qualifies, etc. etc.

1 hour ago, Mark .Y. said:

I imagine there are a number of foreign players in the English leagues who are going to be desperate to get home and see their families when all this ends. They might have their wife and children with them but they are going to want to see their parents and other members of their families - who would deny them that ? 

This is an excellent point. So before even taking a mini pre season into account, it would only be right that all players that have had zero contact other than online etc should be able to see their loved ones when all of this is (hopefully) done, before they even start thinking about kicking a football.

50 minutes ago, Ray said:

Any extension to the league will bring all sorts of issues, when does the transfer window open and close, can you sign a free agent if his contract expires on or before 30th June, the U21 rule, does this become a moveable date, currently born on or after 1st Jan 1998 qualifies, etc. etc.

I think the idea is to cram the games in in the shortest possible time so as to fulfill the TV contracts etc

clubs will be allowed to extend player contracts if both sides agree to a time that covers those games

otherwise it is business as usual

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think the idea is to cram the games in in the shortest possible time so as to fulfill the TV contracts etc

clubs will be allowed to extend player contracts if both sides agree to a time that covers those games

I quite like that idea. Just run them back to back in a kind of Hunger Games scenario, the last team standing wins.

blimey, the binners will be re-signing Alan Brazil if that is the case - he should be good forb a few months before the blubber runs out

otherwise I should imagine it will be 2 games a week for each club over 4/5 weeks - and I would expect the logistics are being, or have been worked out as we write

I wonder if they will add 'canned' cheering to add a bit of atmosphere

Duda loan doubt very much it will extend to 30th June, certainly to 17th May i.e. date of final PL match.  There has been queries concerning loans in EFL whether loans can be extended to cover the play offs when the loan period finished on the final match date.

"FIFA has drawn up plans to rescue the current football season – which would see player contracts extended and transfer windows put back.

In a significant development, the global game's governing body has recognised the current coronavirus crisis as a 'force majeure' – an unforeseen circumstance that prevents a contract from being fulfilled. 

FIFA's regulations state that in such cases their council can make amendments, which importantly they feel gives them the power to act."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8156097/FIFA-reveal-plan-help-football-emerge-coronavirus.html

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

That’s assuming somebody manages to find him.

17 hours ago, Bill said:

Sadly that wouldn’t do us any favours with our limited squad.     Think we are down to about 14 / 15 players who can perform well enough at this level.     

Krul, Aaron’s, Lewis, Byram, Godfrey, Zimmerman, Hanley, Tettey*, Buendia, McLean*, Cantwell, Pukki, Drmic, Idah (potential), Klose...... 
* coping at their best level.... Hopefully all fit if we restart!    

not quite there.... can only do a job from bench.......Vrancic, Hernandez, Trybull, Rupp, Duda (neither acclimatised to EPL yet).    Lacking required pace, strength, skill, effectiveness and / or no end product..... 

didn’t step up... Leitner (really disappointed), Stiepermann (expected), McGovern

13 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Wonder who'll be sold to make space for him?

Can’t remember the quote exactly but if you read Sinani’s quotes on the Pink’un page, he let’s slip about departures. I know we’re going to lose a few if we go down especially, but I remember reading it as it looks like quite a few exits are done deals 👀 

On 02/04/2020 at 11:29, sonyc said:

Weird to post about football.

Long term  Nox Vidmate VLC deal reported.

A lot more talk yesterday that the EPL will leave no stone unturned in their pursuit to finish the season, ‘whatever it takes’ appears to be the mantra.

Edited by aquilesopkarg