Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Let's all do the pools week 3

Recommended Posts

Right then here we go Nutty......

No.2. Aston Villa v Wolves.

No.5. Palace v Burnley.

No.7. Man City v Liverpool.

No.8. Sheff Utd v Spurs.

No.15. Derby v Forest.

No.16. Fulham v Birmingham.

No.25.Coventry v Peterborough.

No.29.MK Dons v Fleetwood.

No.32.Wycombe v Rotherham.

No.38. Morecambe v Crawley.

No.44.Kilmarnock v Livingstone.

Thanks for all the picks everybody.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Right then here we go Nutty......

No.2. Aston Villa v Wolves.

No.5. Palace v Burnley.

No.7. Man City v Liverpool.

No.8. Sheff Utd v Spurs.

No.15. Derby v Forest.

No.16. Fulham v Birmingham.

No.25.Coventry v Peterborough.

No.29.MK Dons v Fleetwood.

No.32.Wycombe v Rotherham.

No.38. Morecambe v Crawley.

No.44.Kilmarnock v Livingstone.

Thanks for all the picks everybody.

 

 

Great Job thank you Tilly. you've given us the best chance. All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed🤞that we get the luck we need🍀

Good luck Tilly and all you PUPPPs🙃

03-04-2020 23:10 Pools Classic Pools £2.75 -

Reference # 2020040322102900007

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Plan Date Numbers View Fixtures Points Result Status
 
Pick 11 04-04-2020 14:55
  • 2
  •  
  • 5
  •  
  • 7
  •  
  • 8
  •  
  • 15
  •  
  • 16
  •  
  • 25
  •  
  • 29
  •  
  • 32
  •  
  • 38
  •  
  • 44
- - Not Started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have a three. please Bob

Cherry v Toon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Right then here we go Nutty......

No.2. Aston Villa v Wolves.

No.5. Palace v Burnley.

No.7. Man City v Liverpool.

No.8. Sheff Utd v Spurs.

No.15. Derby v Forest.

No.16. Fulham v Birmingham.

No.25.Coventry v Peterborough.

No.29.MK Dons v Fleetwood.

No.32.Wycombe v Rotherham.

No.38. Morecambe v Crawley.

No.44.Kilmarnock v Livingstone.

Thanks for all the picks everybody.

 

 

Good luck Mr T........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Right then here we go Nutty......

No.2. Aston Villa v Wolves.

No.5. Palace v Burnley.

No.7. Man City v Liverpool.

No.8. Sheff Utd v Spurs.

No.15. Derby v Forest.

No.16. Fulham v Birmingham.

No.25.Coventry v Peterborough.

No.29.MK Dons v Fleetwood.

No.32.Wycombe v Rotherham.

No.38. Morecambe v Crawley.

No.44.Kilmarnock v Livingstone.

Thanks for all the picks everybody.

 

 

Well done Tilly, our best week so far! 👍

116300280_Screenshot(33).png.558a18afc3f66be8171f9a3ae04c6bf5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

How many points do we have to get to win money?

Score draw (1-1 or higher) = 3 points
No-score draw (0-0) = 2 points
Home or away win = 1 point
The total points from your best 8 selections are added together. A score of 24, 23 and 22 will usually win a cash prize and some weeks, less points still win big prizes...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:
Score draw (1-1 or higher) = 3 points
No-score draw (0-0) = 2 points
Home or away win = 1 point
The total points from your best 8 selections are added together. A score of 24, 23 and 22 will usually win a cash prize and some weeks, less points still win big prizes...
 

I vaguely remember something about perms when my Granddad used to do the pools. Are there still perms? (no jokes please!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kathy said:

I vaguely remember something about perms when my Granddad used to do the pools. Are there still perms? (no jokes please!).

image.png.e65eefd92a5759d4dbf482b862eccabf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew that post was a mistake the moment I pressed ‘submit reply’.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kathy said:

I vaguely remember something about perms when my Granddad used to do the pools. Are there still perms? (no jokes please!).

You can get all the info you need on football coupon perms from Horace Batchelor. Seriously. Just send a letter to his home in Keynsham, Bristol. That’s K - E - Y - N...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:
Score draw (1-1 or higher) = 3 points
No-score draw (0-0) = 2 points
Home or away win = 1 point
The total points from your best 8 selections are added together. A score of 24, 23 and 22 will usually win a cash prize and some weeks, less points still win big prizes...
 

Ipswich lost again then.😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kathy said:

I vaguely remember something about perms when my Granddad used to do the pools. Are there still perms? (no jokes please!).

I guess the perm is what we do here. Perming any 8 from 11 meaning if there are 8 draws in our 11 we would win or share the top dividend. I think those perms became popular in the 70s. My Granddad used to do "plans" in our case Litplans because he did Littlewoods pools. I love the hand book that had all the various grids for him to check his plan. (It also had the pages I liked which listed all the teams, their grounds, their colours and their nicknames. That was definitely my first football book although technically it was my Grandad's.) Newspapers had plans too and the one I remember was Sun Plan 40 where you could pick 17 but if you got 8 draws it only guaranteed 7 in a line.

My grandad had a little machine to check his lit plans on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the latest PUPPPs League after week £

Kathy 9
Nutty Nigel 8
Cosmic Twin 7
Wacky WIAFTM 7
Diane 6
Hansterbubble 6
Hissing Sid 6
Jellytot 6
KiwiScot 6
Mr Apples 6
Norfolk Dan 6
DJ11 5
Ricardo 5
Bill 4
Pockthorpe 4
PurpleCanary 4
Wooster 4
Crabbycanary3 3
Duncan Edwards 3
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB 3
Hammond1612 3
Herman 3
Lappinitup 3
NFN FC 3
Til 1010 3
First Wazzock 2
Molly Windley 2
Flying Dutchman 1
LeedsCanary 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I guess the perm is what we do here. Perming any 8 from 11 meaning if there are 8 draws in our 11 we would win or share the top dividend. I think those perms became popular in the 70s. My Granddad used to do "plans" in our case Litplans because he did Littlewoods pools. I love the hand book that had all the various grids for him to check his plan. (It also had the pages I liked which listed all the teams, their grounds, their colours and their nicknames. That was definitely my first football book although technically it was my Grandad's.) Newspapers had plans too and the one I remember was Sun Plan 40 where you could pick 17 but if you got 8 draws it only guaranteed 7 in a line.

My grandad had a little machine to check his lit plans on!

My Grandad was a Vernons man. But he had a little book!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...