Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

48 seasons of NCFC programmes

Hi everyone, I do hope that you are keeping well and safe. 

With a bit of time on my hands I have completed a yearly totals list of programmes that I have in my possession from 1972 to date.

From what I understand they have little monetary value but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it as I do wish to move them on. 

I'm keeping a handful of those that have particular sentimental value to me, the finals, and all of the away games that I have attended - none of these are included in the numbers. hopefully you will be able to open this document:

Norwich City Football Club Programmes.pdf

Norwich City Football Club Programmes.docx

The first season has those Football League inserts in them. Loads of memories here, joys and sorrows.

What I had forgotten was that we became a really established top flight club after our debut season in 1972/73. This is demonstrated by the fact that we were in the top league for 21 out of 23 seasons from 1972 to 1995.

I have a costly tale to tell about selling programmes. Before moving house last year I decided to sell my collection, hundreds of programmes from the 70's and 80's.

Not realising that they had such low monetary value, I put them on ebay with a low opening price of £5 expecting the to fly, and offering free delivery to Norfolk, Suffolk Essex or Cambs.

You can guess the rest - they sold for a fiver and I was obliged to drive the down to Lakeside Services on the M25 to hand them over. Lesson - a fool and his money are soon parted.

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

I have a costly tale to tell about selling programmes. Before moving house last year I decided to sell my collection, hundreds of programmes from the 70's and 80's.

Not realising that they had such low monetary value, I put them on ebay with a low opening price of £5 expecting the to fly, and offering free delivery to Norfolk, Suffolk Essex or Cambs.

You can guess the rest - they sold for a fiver and I was obliged to drive the down to Lakeside Services on the M25 to hand them over. Lesson - a fool and his money are soon parted.

A costly mistake!

• Like 1